Abaranger 01 released (April fools 2013)

For all those one shots and other miscellany!
Forum rules
Wiki Link

Did you actually watch the episode in full?

Yes
9
27%
No because I thought it was a mistake immediately and closed it
4
12%
No because I thought it was Abaranger and got mad since it was an April Fools prank
7
21%
No because other reasons
13
39%
 
Total votes: 33

gmottl
Mega
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:50 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Rider-Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: ppgz, mrr, too many
Dreamy: fourze girls, luka
Favorite Actor?: jirou zanki garulu
Favorite Band: nightwish
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: MLP:FIM
Quote: just because you're a genius doesn't mean your a smart guy- PPG narrator
just because i'm an idiot doesn't mean i'm stupid- Spencer Shay
Location: red deer, alberta, canada
Contact:

Re: Abaranger 01 released

Post by gmottl » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:55 am

TVN has done some pretty good april fools jokes since i've been here. this is NOT one of them. not cool people not cool.
Anyone remember when the news didn't want to make you punch the nearest thing to you, me neither.

markoclix
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:32 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Shinkenger

Re: Abaranger 01 released

Post by markoclix » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:34 am

I thought it was pretty great that every time you heard "KyouRyuuger" it said Abarenger and KyouRyu Red became AbareRed etc.
Image

AstonWave007
Adventure
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:48 pm
Male: Yes

Re: Abaranger 01 released

Post by AstonWave007 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:56 am

Not cool guys, not cool.

On the offhand, would totally love it if you or someone else decided to sub Abaranger though.

gmottl
Mega
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:50 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Rider-Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: ppgz, mrr, too many
Dreamy: fourze girls, luka
Favorite Actor?: jirou zanki garulu
Favorite Band: nightwish
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: MLP:FIM
Quote: just because you're a genius doesn't mean your a smart guy- PPG narrator
just because i'm an idiot doesn't mean i'm stupid- Spencer Shay
Location: red deer, alberta, canada
Contact:

Re: Abaranger 01 released

Post by gmottl » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:01 pm

just to clarify. the main reason why i didn't find it funny was i really like abaranger and hurricanger and goaranger but skewed, although doing a good job on what they had are way to slow releasing 1 episode of these three in 2 years. i really had hoped that they would give the project to TVN so we could see the series in a decent amount of time. releasing kyouryuu 1 as aba 1 was just cruel.
Anyone remember when the news didn't want to make you punch the nearest thing to you, me neither.

User avatar
SuperSentaifan4ever
01
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:39 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Liveman
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: Abaranger 01 released

Post by SuperSentaifan4ever » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:27 pm

gmottl wrote:TVN has done some pretty good April fools jokes since I've been here. this is NOT one of them. not cool people not cool.
Agreed! Sure did fool me since I just finished torrenting this and thought that it was Abaranger. But it was clearly a re release of the premiere episode of Kyoryuger instead. Not cool TV Nihon.

User avatar
Ryu Red
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:33 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Luka/Naomi
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: TOKUSATSU
Quote: Toori sugari no Kamen Raida da. Oboeteoke.
Saa, o mae wo tsumi o kazaero!
etc., etc...
Type: ENFJ Teacher
Contact:

Re: Abaranger 01 released

Post by Ryu Red » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:53 pm

Ouch. I fell for it.

But I know zeldAIS and his crew will probably pick up on the Abaranger subs now that they see the 'want' here. I know help is always appreciated, so the more show of DINO GUTS!!! and help is offered, the quicker we can have great subs for all three Dino Sentai! ^__^
Hi, Seigi, Kokoro.
Fire, Justice, Heart.
The Burning Heart of Justice,
Ryu Red! (aka TokuMaster)

Currently Watching: Kyoryuger/Gaim
Completed: Shin, Kabuto through Wizard
Dairanger, Timeranger through Go-Buster
Coming up: ???

User avatar
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Posts: 6624
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:29 pm

Re: Abaranger 01 released

Post by Phoenix512 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:13 pm

What are you guys talking about? It's clearly Abaranger. It's not Kyouryuuger at all. You need to get your eyes checked out.
Image

User avatar
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:36 pm
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor
Location: Michigan

Re: Abaranger 01 released

Post by redfarmer » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:18 pm

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
redfarmer wrote:
SpoilerShow
It's a good thing he didn't play AbareKiller. He'd become known as the sentai actor who any played characters in dinosaur sentai who died! :lol:
Then, what about people who know his actor as Change Pegasus? :P
Hasn't he secretly had at least a bit role in all 37 series, kind of like Hitchcock had a role in all of his films?

SpoilerShow
I heard he's going to be KyoruFuschia in an upcoming episode.


Seriously, I'm not butthurt over this prank. I don't fall for April Fools pranks often, but you got me hook, line, and sinker this morning. Well played, TV-Nihon. Well played indeed.
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid

User avatar
BigSlim
7X
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:58 am
Male: Yes
Quote: There is wisdom in tokusatsu shows.

Re: Abaranger 01 released

Post by BigSlim » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:36 pm

0xyg3n wrote: what an awesome prank
I disagree.

Battra
Humongous
Posts: 1161
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:07 pm
omg are u a girl?: Yes
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven
Location: Somewhere on Earth

Re: Abaranger 01 released

Post by Battra » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:31 pm

Phoenix512 wrote:What are you guys talking about? It's clearly Abaranger. It's not Kyouryuuger at all. You need to get your eyes checked out.
Clearly, I even recognized Faiz at the beginning which is another great series being subbed by TV-Nihon.

Very interesting start to the series in that the team doesn't seem to know each other right off. The Evolien's seem set up alot like the Barbans from Gingaman, even their leader has some nods to the Barban leader.

Looking forward to seeing what else Abaranger has in store.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

User avatar
SuperSentaifan4ever
01
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:39 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Liveman
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: Abaranger 01 released

Post by SuperSentaifan4ever » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:55 pm

Phoenix512 wrote:What are you guys talking about? It's clearly Abaranger. It's not Kyouryuuger at all. You need to get your eyes checked out.
The HD releases ARE the first episode of Kyoryuuger!

User avatar
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Posts: 6624
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:29 pm

Re: Abaranger 01 released

Post by Phoenix512 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:59 pm

They are clearly Abaranger. There's no way I would make a mistake like that.
Image

User avatar
SuperSentaifan4ever
01
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:39 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Liveman
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: Abaranger 01 released

Post by SuperSentaifan4ever » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:02 pm

BigSlim wrote:
0xyg3n wrote: what an awesome prank
I disagree.
I also disagree!

User avatar
SuperSentaifan4ever
01
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:39 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Liveman
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: Abaranger 01 released

Post by SuperSentaifan4ever » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:16 pm

Phoenix512 wrote:They are clearly Abaranger. There's no way I would make a mistake like that.
Not to me because I got the first episode of Kyoryuuger with the torrent that I downloaded and Abaranger wasn't boradcasted in high definition because it wasn't around at that time.

User avatar
archer9234
Faiz
Posts: 695
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:55 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk
Location: Brooklyn, New York

Re: Abaranger 01 released

Post by archer9234 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:32 pm

I didn't know the Dinoguts where batteries. This is totally amazing.

Post Reply

Return to “Other Projects”