Rurouni Kenshin Released

For all those one shots and other miscellany!
Forum rules
Wiki Link
[kuronogantzryu]
Everything is drama!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: Mirei Kiritani
Favorite Actor?: Tatsuya Fujiwara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: Rurouni Kenshin Released

Post by [kuronogantzryu] »

I love this movie! Never was a fan of the manga/anime but Takeru's portrayal of this character really hooked me to the movie. The supporting characters actually have some importance to the story (I know right?!) and are quite eccentric (which is a plus compared to most movies I've seen).

I'm so used to seeing action movies, I never say "Oh shit." or "Oh man!" whenever action ensues but this movie... DAMN! I don't even like swordplay yet this movie is so fuckin' sick with it! The swordplay was so unique since he had the katana with the "negative" blade, which was quite refreshing! The hand-to-hand action scenes were awesome as well! The fight with Kenshin and the thugs & Sanosuke versus the vegan dude... Fucking awesome. I felt like a Chinese action director had handled that portion of the movie. The action was so solid and fresh compared to the Japanese action movies I've seen.

This movie has definitely sparked my interest for Rurouni Kenshin!
ImageImage
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Post by lonegamer7 »

[kuronogantzryu] wrote:I love this movie! Never was a fan of the manga/anime but Takeru's portrayal of this character really hooked me to the movie. The supporting characters actually have some importance to the story (I know right?!) and are quite eccentric (which is a plus compared to most movies I've seen).

I'm so used to seeing action movies, I never say "Oh shit." or "Oh man!" whenever action ensues but this movie... DAMN! I don't even like swordplay yet this movie is so fuckin' sick with it! The swordplay was so unique since he had the katana with the "negative" blade, which was quite refreshing! The hand-to-hand action scenes were awesome as well! The fight with Kenshin and the thugs & Sanosuke versus the vegan dude... Fucking awesome. I felt like a Chinese action director had handled that portion of the movie. The action was so solid and fresh compared to the Japanese action movies I've seen.

This movie has definitely sparked my interest for Rurouni Kenshin!
Give the manga and anime a try again. For an old school geezer/diehard like me, this couldn't be a better live-action adaptation of such a wonderful title. You can almost FEEL the weight of how Tokyo had gone through 10 years into the Meiji era (especially notable when Kanryuu mentions pride, samurai, and the women of samurai families in the red-light district during the Akabeko scene), and the reality of what costed Kenshin and Jin'e during the Bakumatsu.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

This was a good movie and it was pretty long but its a length I don't mind because they had a lot of stuff to fill into a 2+ hour movie. I thought the action the was superb and very fast paced. Took me by surprised as Takeru Sato looked badass fighting with a reversed bladed sword. I totally bought Takeru as Kenshin so this was a great casting choice. Everyone else did well in their roles too. I didn't think anyone was miscast although I felt Megumi's role was lacking. We are all of a sudden to supposed to care for her without getting the time to actually care for her. It's no biggie though. I was glad we got a flashback scene to see how Kenshin got one of his scars too. I totally forgot how he got his scars because I haven't watched the anime for a long time so this was a good way to remind me. Looks like the guy Kenshin killed is the main star of Keitai Sousakan 7. Lol...So yeah, I enjoyed this movie a lot and thought it was a great adaptation. Would love to see a sequel in the future.
MarcosPMA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Ahim
Favorite Actor?: Masaki Suda
My boom: Penguins :3
Quote: Sekia wo sore o Ai to Yubun da ze!

Post by MarcosPMA »

OMG. OMG. OMG.

That bunny was so cute! <3

In all seriousness, THIS WAS AMAZING. JUST AMAZING. I've never seen anything of Rurouni Kenshin but I loved all of it.
SPACE KITA!!!!!!!!!
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Finally got to sit down with my pal and watch this. We really enjoyed it, we watched all the Kenshin anime back in the day. Thanks as always to all the subbing team's efforts.
Uzur9
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaimu
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Favorite Band: J-rock/pop + Dubstep
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Uzur9 »

Since I've never watched the anime and I've not sat down and watched the LA just yet. I figured since I have the first 10 Vol. of the manga I should read some just so I have a alittle better jist of whats going on and whos-who kinda thing so my question is... How many Chapters or Volumes does the movie cover ?
Kamen Rider left to finish:
Reiwa: Geats, Gotchard

Super Sentai left to finish:
Shōwa: Denjiman, Goggle V, Dynaman, Changeman

Heisei: Complete.

Reiwa: Zenkaiger, High School Heroes, Donbrothers & King-Ohger
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I'd say it's kind of a mix of the first 5-6 volumes. It actually does a pretty good job introducing the characters so you don't really need any previous knowledge to enjoy the movie.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

The second and third movie looks like it covers the Kyoto arc, which I think covers episodes 20/30ish to 60/70ish from the anime?
Joicerojo
7X
Favorite series: Kamen rider Den-o
2nd Favorite Series: Sailor Moon
Dreamy: Haruto Sohma
Favorite Actor?: Satoh Takeru
Favorite Band: L'Arc~en~Ciel
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Neither the devil nor the grim reaper, just an assassin (Aya- Weiss Kreuz)
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by Joicerojo »

takenoko wrote:The second and third movie looks like it covers the Kyoto arc, which I think covers episodes 20/30ish to 60/70ish from the anime?
it's the second season mostly, that includes the oniwabanshu (Aoshi, Misao, Okina) and the Juppongatana (Shishio, Sawagejo Cho).

Incidentally we will see a new Kamen Rider actor in this movie, in the first one we had Satoh Takeru (Den-O) and Kikkawa Koji (Kamen Rider Skull) and now we will have Miura Ryosuke (Ankh) who will play Sawagejo Cho
Joice Rojo
I've become addicted to Kamen Rider & Takaiwa Seiji
Uzur9
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaimu
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Favorite Band: J-rock/pop + Dubstep
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Uzur9 »

Lunagel wrote:I'd say it's kind of a mix of the first 5-6 volumes. It actually does a pretty good job introducing the characters so you don't really need any previous knowledge to enjoy the movie.

Arigatō
Kamen Rider left to finish:
Reiwa: Geats, Gotchard

Super Sentai left to finish:
Shōwa: Denjiman, Goggle V, Dynaman, Changeman

Heisei: Complete.

Reiwa: Zenkaiger, High School Heroes, Donbrothers & King-Ohger
zeldAIS
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: 音楽とか妖怪のテマ
2nd Favorite Series: スーパー戦隊シリーズ
Dreamy: 松岡茉優Queen
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: 漫画,音楽,ドラマ,映画
Quote: "The fan translations community must be helping & understanding each other."
"Quality fan translations take quality time."
Type: INFP Healer

Post by zeldAIS »

Thought you guys might be interested in this 'Rurouni Kenshin' stars Manila press conference

Philippines was selected as the country for the Asia release of the 2nd and 3rd movie. It was honestly chaos yesterday (red carpet) and awhile ago (public press conference) when they came here. You can check out most of the posts in various social media sites about it with #KenshinManila hashtag - as most of them are posted in English anyway. Rappler's coverage of their visit mostly has lots of it already.

http://youtu.be/9hbuCuXWf1g
https://www.youtube.com/user/rapplerdot ... ni+kenshin
http://www.rappler.com/entertainment/mo ... -live-blog
http://www.rappler.com/entertainment/ne ... mbassadors
http://www.rappler.com/entertainment/mo ... conference
andyreal
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: Iwashimizu Luna
Favorite Actor?: Miura Ryousuke
Favorite Band: Aqua Timez
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Ore Sanjou
Quote: Finish what you leaved undone

Post by andyreal »

Fujiwara Tatsuya( Nanahara Shuuya from Battle Royal) and Miura-kun
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Post by lonegamer7 »

-snip-
Last edited by Lunagel on Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: We're subbing the next movies so no spoilers please!
daigotsukojin
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!

Post by daigotsukojin »

Awesome movie. Great work on it. Do you happen to be planning on subbing the sequels when they come out?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Yes

Return to “Other Projects”