Anime Robo Openings 2000-2010 released

For all those one shots and other miscellany!
Forum rules
Wiki Link
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Anime Robo Openings 2000-2010 released

Post by takenoko »

So we're hosting this file for a friend of ours. The file contains 2.5 hours of anime robo openings from 2000-2010.

It's a raw file so there's no subtitles. Just sit back and watch the pretty animations and listen to the awesome music.

http://lookingglass.kokidokom.net/

If you watch it in media player classic, you can skip through the chapters if it makes it easier. Enjoy and check out his site!
Mechafox
Adventure

Mecha Compilation Seed Request

Post by Mechafox »

I know it's from a friend, but this torrent needs a seed, the tracker when i last checked it was 107 leechers, no seeds. According to Utorrent the 69 I'm directly connected to have 0.0% of the file. Can Take ask the guy if he can seed it for a little or provide a DDL link so others can get the file and seed it? That's the only thing I can see being done atm
Who doesn't like a cyberfox?
Oba chan wa koitteta, mecha no michi o aruiki, kitsune koto tsukasadoru otoko.
Ore no na wa Mecha. Fox.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Mecha Compilation Seed Request

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Seconded. Mine's been running for a while {roughly 2 hours} but, I haven't moved past 0.0%.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Re: Mecha Compilation Seed Request

Post by takenoko »

Sorry about that!

Here you guys go:
https://mega.co.nz/#!tFswUa4K!AvHT2wknz ... WKS9q0arZE
CrazyDreamer
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite Actor?: Mark Musashi
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: (1) No show shall be distributed in a country in which it is available legally. (2) No show shall be sold for a profit. (3) Viewers shall be encouraged to buy licensed versions if they become available.

Re: Anime Robo Openings 2000-2010 released

Post by CrazyDreamer »

Seeded successfully, thanks. I've never been the first seed on something before, so it was interesting to get to watch the program attempt to optimize seeding (different parts to different peers, &c.) and the peer-to-peer structure exponentially multiply that initial effort. I've always known intellectually how torrents work, of course, but I've never been in a position to watch it up close from the very beginning. Fun!

(Why, yes, I'm an information scientist. However did you guess?)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I have a bad habit of sitting around trying to optimize the seeding for stuff. I was busy working on the batch torrent stuff so I couldn't seed the mecha torrent, but it looks like it worked itself out.

I remember I used to have a torrent client that had a heuristic that attempted to spread the distribution of the file more evenly to make initial seeding more efficient. I notice uttorrent has that feature too, and use it if I have to seed something. Not sure if it helps or not.
Blazordra
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger
Dreamy: Yumeria Moegi
Favorite Actor?: Suzuka Morita
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Here's to us (Drink)
Here's to those like us (Drink)
Dang few (Drink)
And there all dead (Drink)

Post by Blazordra »

As an avid meca fan, I loved watching this and noticing all the ones I've watched over the last 10 years. I also found one I missed! Dose anyone know where to find a torent for Super Robot Taisen O.G. I would love to see this as I enjoy the game. Also, is there any more of these available?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Weren't there two of those? I know we did the OVA and that wasn't very good. But the TV series is apparently decent.

Noting your age, we were probably discovering anime at around the same time. I remember Vandread, GaoGaiGar, and a bunch of stuff. Very fun.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Speaking of GaoGaiGar, are all those robots in the picture that you posted on the main paige all alternations of GaoGaiGar or from other shows?
Blazordra
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger
Dreamy: Yumeria Moegi
Favorite Actor?: Suzuka Morita
Quote: Here's to us (Drink)
Here's to those like us (Drink)
Dang few (Drink)
And there all dead (Drink)

Post by Blazordra »

Technically yes and no, all the robots are the main ones from the Brave series, witch Takara made to continue the legacy of Transformers.
but they are from different shows, one for example is Exkaiser, another is Goldon (hard to spot him lol). but you can see there influences in modern transformers.
(EX: compare the transfermations of Choryujin from Gaogaigar with Safeguard from Transformers Animated)
gundamjehutykai
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Quote: Attempted murder, do they give out a prize for *attempted* chemistry?

Post by gundamjehutykai »

Hey guys,

First of all, I want to apologise for not seeding at the start of the torrent. I was away from my main system and good internet so it took a while to get things going on my end. I just hope that ppl enjoy the mini nostalgia trip from seeing the earlier shows. There are videos out there for the 80s and90s which were done by anime-in-action a while back.

And I want to thank Takenoko for helping me with the encoding and hosting. You rock!!

I think I got all the TV shows but if I did miss any, I apologise!
Miyagishin
Humongous
Favorite series: Den-O
My boom: Suit Actors!
Quote: To overcome the intelligent by folly is contrary to the natural order of things; to overcome the foolish by intelligence is in accord with the natural order. To overcome the intelligent by intelligence, however, is a matter of opportunity.
--Zhuge Liang

Post by Miyagishin »

gundamjehutykai wrote:
There are videos out there for the 80s and 90s which were done by anime-in-action a while back.
You should do some of your own versions. It was actually a very nostalgic trip down memory lane. I had totally forgotten about Zoids!

Thanks again.
Spoiler
gundamjehutykai
Quote: Attempted murder, do they give out a prize for *attempted* chemistry?

Post by gundamjehutykai »

Miyagishin wrote:
gundamjehutykai wrote:
There are videos out there for the 80s and 90s which were done by anime-in-action a while back.
You should do some of your own versions. It was actually a very nostalgic trip down memory lane. I had totally forgotten about Zoids!

Thanks again.
Sorry, but there's very little chance of that! This one nearly drove me mad in places, especially trying to find some of the rarer openings so going for a video for the 80s or 90s will probably be the death of me! Someone else will need to pick up the torch! But if people watch this video and get nostalgic and remember some shows they forgot (including the ones they wanted to forget! G Dangaioh, I'm looking at you!!!) then my job is done!

Return to “Other Projects”