Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno & Mighty Long Fall released

For all those one shots and other miscellany!
Forum rules
Wiki Link
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno & Mighty Long Fall released

Post by Lunagel »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Rurouni_Ke ... _Taika-hen

I forgot how much I love Satoh Takeru.

To me, these movies are pretty much the height of what you can do with a manga adaption. They faithfully recreate the characters, the setting, and most importantly, the action and tone of the original work. It's a beautiful world and you are immediately drawn into it and the history of it.

There are a LOT of historical Japanese terms scattered throughout the movie, so I highly encourage you to wikipedia anything you don't understand. They give a short explanation for most things, but it's really much more informative to look online.

Please wait patiently for the 3rd movie, they take foreverrrrrr to translate.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno

Post by XIII »

And forever to time

I dunno about this one, I found the first half of the film kinda dull, did think the early part looked a lot like Scorpions world from MK with all the fire and wooden structures
I did find the second half of the film more enjoyable, the fights were enjoyable, the only aspect that grinds my gears is talking during the fights, kinda breaks the rhythm at times. id settle happily for more fights, less dialog, but that's just me.

It does bug me slightly that this is the first of two films, but at least the 2nd film wont be too far off and not the normal year gaps between films.
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno

Post by takenoko »

What a cliffhanger. I admit, the first part is a bit slower when compared to the rest of the movie, but I found the whole thing enthralling nonetheless. The combination of history and action really reminded me why I loved Kenshin as a series.

I hope we get to see Hajime's signature attack in the third movie. Or Sagara actually sweeping a group of guys with his massive sword. He swings it a few times and throws it away in this one. How boring!

I wrote a bunch of stuff for the Kenshin wiki article. If you notice anything that needs adding, or have questions about stuff that I can go into more detail about, let me know.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Mighty Long Fall and Movie Theft 2014

Post by takenoko »

Much thanks to Davinci for his awesome work on the Mighty Long Fall music video.

Hmmm, do you think those movie theft commercials are trying to say something?
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Re: Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno & Mighty Long Fall releas

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Thank you thank you soooo muuucchhh. Thanks a million again. I knew you guys gonna continue the sequels
DereklBarona
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: When in doubt, Rider Kick.

Post by DereklBarona »

So, along with Soukichi as Kurogasa last time, we're now two for two with Ankh as Chou. Mildly hopeful that the third movie gives us a hat trick, but I think we might've gotten all of the Juppongatana onscreen during this one, so maybe not.

Speaking of, holy crap Ankh worked out surprisingly well for Chou. He even had that weird little one-eye-closed thing going whenever he could get away with it. I guess all that time trolling Eiji paid off in the end. And on a related subject, the guy they got to play Houji was amazing at it. You know you're impressive when Shishiou's in the room and you've still got the biggest teeth marks on the scenery.

Aoshi, admittedly, didn't do it for me that much. It was a decent modification to the original story to work him in the way they did, but without the existing history between him and the Kenshin gang that would have come from including the Oniwabanshuu during the Kanryuu arc, it loses a lot of the impact it would've otherwise had for him to show up here. They pulled it off well enough in my opinion, but it's diluted compared to what it could've been if he'd been in the first movie.

The last thing I want to mention is to reiterate how amazing Satou is as Kenshin. I mean, that much is obvious, but the fact he has to use a blunt-edged sword that can't stab flat out requires a completely different fighting style and coreography setup than everyone else who can just murder the crap out of people or beat the stuffing out of them. It's really something special to watch him pull it off and make it look so effortless in the process.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ankh is fine as a ruffian, but his Osakan accent needs work.

As someone who just watched the entirety of the first Saint Seiya arc compressed into a movie, I can appreciate what a necessary evil that streamlining a long story can be. You always wish for more depth from these kind of movies, but I still had a great time all the same. It probably helps that I don't really remember Aoshi's backstory that well from when I saw the anime.
DereklBarona
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: When in doubt, Rider Kick.

Post by DereklBarona »

takenoko wrote:As someone who just watched the entirety of the first Saint Seiya arc compressed into a movie, I can appreciate what a necessary evil that streamlining a long story can be. You always wish for more depth from these kind of movies, but I still had a great time all the same. It probably helps that I don't really remember Aoshi's backstory that well from when I saw the anime.
He had four Oniwabanshuu guys working for him during that arc to serve as obligitory midbosses. Eventually, Kanryuu pulls out the gatling gun with intent to kill everyone, and they sacrifice themselves to keep Aoshi alive and give them a chance to take it down. In that sense, the flashback they provided in the movie was perfectly fine for giving Aoshi a justified "I let my men die" complex, but there's a difference in impact between "This happened ten years ago in a flashback" and "We saw this happen right in front of us because we were involved".
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ah. Thanks for the explanation.
slyphnier
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by slyphnier »

i am kinda suprised tv-nihon doing kyoto inferno
because tv-nihon not doing first movie (東京編) right? maybe it got licensed?

anyway kenshin movies is really good imo
its kinda to bad they skip kenshin vs saito battle just before beginning kyoto inferno
or my memories fail me
but that battle one of the most epic battle in whole series
(incase someone want to rewatch it :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhDoskK6ui0)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

We released the first movie in June last year. Check the tracker under One Shots, it's there
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

I'm so happy that the sequel is now available from your hard work. I really appreciate it.

Not only do we get to see the legendary toku actors/actresses in it (Den-O, Magirangers, OOO), but also some great actors from my favorite movie, "Battle Royale" (Fuijawara Tatsuya) and my favorite TV drama, "Hitotsu Yane no Shita" (Eguchi Yousuke and Fukuyama Masaharu). I'm one happy dude.

Return to “Other Projects”