Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends

For all those one shots and other miscellany!
Forum rules
Wiki Link
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends

Post by takenoko »

Well, it bothers him in that he was seeing the real consequences of his actions. Up to that point, his belief was the ends justified the means, but seeing that ruined that illusion.

Of course it's more complicated than that, but to fully tell that story would need a completely new movie.
Aorn
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-o
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "I didn't hear about this!"

Post by Aorn »

I enjoyed watching this movie. Some scenes were kind of meh and boring for my taste but I think the best parts were the first and last parts.
It comes in second place for me while the first movie is first.

The scenery was beautiful to look at especially when he's with his sensei.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

IIRC in the first movie Kenshin does mention where he got the second scar but I think it was just him saying it, there wasn't a flashback.
Dragg
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Gym!

Post by Dragg »

Dragonfan wrote:For me this movie was such a dissapointment, even more if I compare with the previous one that is great. The plot changes make no sense (what is that fake execution? What the heck are you doing with Okina "now I'm dead now alive now dead seriously"), the supporting character are ridiculous, the thing they did with the Juppongatana was something to forget, and the final battle... Oh man. The fights have been great in this movie until this point, what happened here? It looks like people moving their fake sticks around without no choreography whatsoever. Takeru even hit Yusuke with his sword, more than once actually. And Shishio had thousand of opportunities to kill Sanosuke "they didn't teach me Futae no kiwami so I am technically a simple thug fighting against one of the best swordmen ever" Sagara, but he throws him off over and over again to the point that I was starting to doubt if Shishio was the one who doesn't want to kill instead of Kenshin.
I'm also disappointed about how the supporting characters were treated, especially Yahiko, I don't really like how they just made him non-existent compared to his more active role in the series.

Sano's fight scenes are really disappointing to watch. I know he's supposed to be a street thug, but I don't really remember him being a bloody punching bag. I was willing to let it go on the first movie, but they never really made him improve up until the end.

Half of the Juppongatana just magically went poof when the fights were about to begin. The second movie tried to build them up as Shishio's strongest henchmen, and I never really remember what most of them did at the last part. I was seriously waiting for Gein from the first movie to burst out from the fat guy.
DekaChief
IXA
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by DekaChief »

Looks like Funimation has licensed the trilogy.

http://www.funimationfilms.com/rurounikenshin
Spoiler
Peek a boo, Chuck Norris sees you! *roundhouse kick into oblivion*
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

Thank you guys for giving notice before pulling the files.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

No problem. We probably have time before the licensed release, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Return to “Other Projects”