Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Re: Super Sentai World Released

Post by archer9234 »

I'm glade Toei kept the proper aspect ratio. I'm sick of companies altering the only available frame to just make people not see black bars.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Azazel wrote:Time to hit this project again, this time with the 720p and 1080p releases

Yes Toei actually did release this on Blu-Ray as well as a 3D version (we still havent worked out 3D yet, so dont ask for it) and most shockingly of all, they actually did a good job with the transfer, normally its a slapdash job from them, but with this it doesnt appear to be.

and before anybody asks, 960x720 and 1440x1080 are valid resolutions for a 4:3 HD release, no they arnt supposed to be 1280x720 and 1920x1080 as you would have alot of black space on the borders which takes bit rates away from the main feature.
The quality of the transfer has me rendered speechless. Compared to years and years of awful SD transfers it's a damn masterpiece. And it's not just because it's HD; the colors are correct, there's no excess motion blur, and everything is so clear and sharp. It's a shame that they can't do this with whole series.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Holy cow Batman! The quality on this release looked amazing! It was like watching a brand new release. Lol...I loved it. I still laugh at NinjaBlack's random English lines too. He does that throughout the whole regular series right?
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

ViRGE wrote:
Azazel wrote:Time to hit this project again, this time with the 720p and 1080p releases

Yes Toei actually did release this on Blu-Ray as well as a 3D version (we still havent worked out 3D yet, so dont ask for it) and most shockingly of all, they actually did a good job with the transfer, normally its a slapdash job from them, but with this it doesnt appear to be.

and before anybody asks, 960x720 and 1440x1080 are valid resolutions for a 4:3 HD release, no they arnt supposed to be 1280x720 and 1920x1080 as you would have alot of black space on the borders which takes bit rates away from the main feature.
The quality of the transfer has me rendered speechless. Compared to years and years of awful SD transfers it's a damn masterpiece. And it's not just because it's HD; the colors are correct, there's no excess motion blur, and everything is so clear and sharp. It's a shame that they can't do this with whole series.
It should be possible for 1976 through the early 1980's seasons. Companies didn't switch over to tape video editing till late 80's early 90's. The team-ups and movies should be completed on film.
Yuusha
7X
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider AGITO
Dreamy: Anna Nagata
Favorite Actor?: Shigeki Hosokawa
Favorite Band: SHAKA LABBITS!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Io Shirai
Quote: "Even if one evades the fangs of the Dragon by soaring high, they are drawn in by its furious winds, then are shredded by the claws"

Post by Yuusha »

I enjoyed the out of this but that is mainly because I am a total mark for Kakuranger (and hope to god TVN subs it eventually). The funny thing is, if Toei were to make a one off like this today, there is no way they'd have it look so thrown together the way this one was. This also reminds m, I I wish Kane Kosugi got more work.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Yuusha wrote:I wish Kane Kosugi got more work.
I do too. He had a quick fight in "War", was in DOA (Dead or Alive) and "Blood Heat". I can't find much more with him. :(
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
rlee1988

Post by rlee1988 »

Having never seen this before, I had an absolute blast with it. The random english really threw me off. I had to rewind it three or four times just to make sure I was right. Think it's time I dig into more of the sentai.
Completed-Kamen rider: Ryuki, Fourze
Currently watching: go-busters, go-onger, agito, amazon, wizard, W
kolejMASA
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: GaoRanger
2nd Favorite Series: KakuRanger
Dreamy: Kadoya Tsukasa
Favorite Actor?: Hiroshi Miyauchi
Favorite Band: FT Island
Quote: Let's go to the future!!!

Post by kolejMASA »

Ummmmm...
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

Love this special. Great work on the sub.

Return to “Super Sentai (Completed)”