Transformers Animated Promo

For all those one shots and other miscellany!
Forum rules
Wiki Link
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Transformers Animated Promo

Post by takenoko »

More than likely this is probably the extent to our subbing of Animated. Enjoy!
gmottl
Mega
Favorite series: Rider-Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: ppgz, mrr, too many
Dreamy: fourze girls, luka
Favorite Actor?: jirou zanki garulu
Favorite Band: nightwish
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: MLP:FIM
Quote: just because you're a genius doesn't mean your a smart guy- PPG narrator
just because i'm an idiot doesn't mean i'm stupid- Spencer Shay

Re: Transformers Animated Promo

Post by gmottl »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, want to see better version than engrish one. want sari that does not sound like timmy turner. yes i know their both tara strong.
Anyone remember when the news didn't want to make you punch the nearest thing to you, me neither.
The_ASS_of_m

Post by The_ASS_of_m »

takenoko wrote:More than likely this is probably the extent to our subbing of Animated. Enjoy!

Whut?
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Robots. Always.

Post by Magenta »

WHY WOULD YOU WANT US TO SUB A TERRIBLE REDUB OF A SHOW THAT'S ALREADY IN YOUR NATIVE LANGUAGE

YOU ARE BAD PEOPLE

DID YOU NOT SEE WHAT HAPPENED TO BEAST WARS IN JAPANESE GOD DAMN
ima sugu shutsudoukable
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Also it can't be Japanese Transformers without a Convoy or Destron mixed in the dialogue.
The_ASS_of_m

Post by The_ASS_of_m »

Magenta wrote:WHY WOULD YOU WANT US TO SUB A TERRIBLE REDUB OF A SHOW THAT'S ALREADY IN YOUR NATIVE LANGUAGE

YOU ARE BAD PEOPLE

I'M HAVING TROUBLE TRYING TO FIND A REACTION TO THIS MAGENTA!
DarkeRaven
Go Go!
Favorite series: Lots
2nd Favorite Series: Even more
Dreamy: Don't ask
Favorite Actor?: No preference
Favorite Band: Weird Al, what of it
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Reviewing for money.

Post by DarkeRaven »

Magenta wrote:WHY WOULD YOU WANT US TO SUB A TERRIBLE REDUB OF A SHOW THAT'S ALREADY IN YOUR NATIVE LANGUAGE

YOU ARE BAD PEOPLE

I can find a reaction to this! I can! I can!... thank you. No, really, I can live without another painful to watch Transformers... let alone review another painful to watch Transformers... so bless u for not subbing it... sigh. Whatever happened to the gold old days of Generation 1 anyway...
"Wake up! Don't be afraid of knowledge!"
Schwarzwald (Big O)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Well, let's hope that last post was a joke

To be frank, all interest in subbing Animated kind of dissipated when I heard they were rearranged episodes and stuff. I know dubbings make liberal use of the footage, fine. If you don't notice, it's okay. But to actually know that's what was done to create it really bothers my sensibilities

That said, I haven't seen Animated in Japanese or English. I hear it's a good series and might check an episode of the Japanese version to see what was done with it

tldr: Not a fan of dubs making a mockery of good shows. I haven't seen Animated to make an informed decision, but at this point it seems unlikely that I'll be motivated to translate that series

Also, we subbed the Transformers Animated promo at the end of Rescue Fire, a fellow Takara-owned series
gmottl
Mega

Post by gmottl »

after watching the promo my thought is this. could be good, but not as interested as i was before, so, yeah, i couldn't care less now even if i was the guy going, sub it, sub it, sub it. i have all the original eps on both my computers and it's good enough, true anime definitely is better than american "anime". although powerpuff girls was pretty good and spongescream and bulktrick were interesting, whoa, were did i lose the point.

anyway, don't sub it, it'd be like watching the dragon knight subs when i could just watch ryuki.
Anyone remember when the news didn't want to make you punch the nearest thing to you, me neither.
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Post by lonegamer7 »

Comparing Animated to PPG I find a case of apples to oranges, mostly due to animation studios/styles and storytelling (as well other factors). Having watched Animated in its original English, I'm actually interested in how Takara has changed things with their handling. Some are obviously disappointments, such as the episode change and 2-3 minutes cut from the episodes, but there's always that cultural factor and marketing reasons (even despite many fans' cries of dismay). Oddly enough, I'm occasionally reminded of "Batman: The Animated Series" due to the rare "dark episodes" (Ratchet's war flashbacks, for one).

Watching the Animated promo did take some getting used, I'll admit, but it's a boundary I can get over.

*sigh*
gmottl
Mega

Post by gmottl »

i was talking voice actors. tom kenny who does spongebob squarepants is starscream and professor sumdac. the voice acter for patrick star is bulkhead also known as ironhide in the japanese dub. kenny worked on powerpuff which was done by the same studio and tara strong and kenny both did voice work for it. tara strong was bubbles. and i do see anime styling in the original powerpuff girls. apples and oranges, yes, cute little superheroines and giant robots who should never had used the internet to learn english, if those are the same than i must've woken up in some weirdass dimension.

ahem, disregard this as a reply lonegamer7, i only skimmed your post before reading it and after i read it, i realized i would come off as a pretty big jackass, so, punch myself in face, sledgehammer to the groin, right hand in battery acid. there punishment complete. sorry, get a little insane after midnight.
omechron
Adventure

Post by omechron »

Hmm... looks like they kept animated's concept of optimus as inexperienced and still learning at least. This may not be so bad. Oh hey, look, it's bulkhead--

>The autobots guard, Ironhide

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF :x
lonegamer7
Save the life

Post by lonegamer7 »

gmottl wrote:i was talking voice actors. tom kenny who does spongebob squarepants is starscream and professor sumdac. the voice acter for patrick star is bulkhead also known as ironhide in the japanese dub. kenny worked on powerpuff which was done by the same studio and tara strong and kenny both did voice work for it. tara strong was bubbles. and i do see anime styling in the original powerpuff girls. apples and oranges, yes, cute little superheroines and giant robots who should never had used the internet to learn english, if those are the same than i must've woken up in some weirdass dimension.

ahem, disregard this as a reply lonegamer7, i only skimmed your post before reading it and after i read it, i realized i would come off as a pretty big jackass, so, punch myself in face, sledgehammer to the groin, right hand in battery acid. there punishment complete. sorry, get a little insane after midnight.
Heh. Apologies accepted. ;)
omechron wrote:Hmm... looks like they kept animated's concept of optimus as inexperienced and still learning at least. This may not be so bad. Oh hey, look, it's bulkhead--

>The autobots guard, Ironhide

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF :x
Marketing at its finest! :V
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Robots. Always.

Post by Magenta »

I mean, we've seen from the promo and the various information that's been going around about that adaptation that it's not gonna be very good compared to the original.

I really don't see any merit to this Japanese redub at al--

IMA ALL I CAN DO, AND ALL YOU CAN DO
KAGAYAKE TRAAAAAAAANSFOOOOOOOOOOORM

FUCK YEAH! 8D

(i'm not sure japan knows what 'touch and go' actually means but we'll let them off)
ima sugu shutsudoukable
lonegamer7
Save the life

Post by lonegamer7 »

Can't go wrong with JAM Project? :3

Return to “Other Projects”