Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sh15uya
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey The Live
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: X-23

Re: Cutie Honey - Age Rating?

Post by Skinwalker »

I like transvestite Nakajou... But I expected them to make it more switchy, have his personalities switiching constantly like when it was just the two of them earlier on.
Mogambo
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Black
Dreamy: Wakana-sama
Favorite Actor?: Alain Delon
Favorite Band: AKB48
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Muggles
Quote: "Taking drugs to make music to take drugs to" Spacemen 3

Post by Mogambo »

LOL!

I just found this thread ramblin' through the site, and I only read the first page and a bit, but I was chuckling all the way....

I actually watched this show with my daughter, who's 11 - am I a bad parent?

However, I ought to point out that I have a no censorship policy (although if there's something I *really* think she shouldn't watch I just say so, and she usually takes my word for it!). Basically she chooses what she wants to watch, though, which means she's watched more mature content than most kids of her age.

I was kinda surprised at how pervy some bits were (and she'd half-cover her eyes ans say "Eeeeew! It's egg-woman!"), but basically she found it as fun and hilarious (and exciting and occasionally touching) as I did.

We watched Battle Royale when she was 10, and her comment (when I paused just after the hand-grenade-and-severed-head bit) was "This is the coolest movie EVER!"
Destroy All Rational Thought [William S. Burroughs]
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Mogambo wrote:I actually watched this show with my daughter, who's 11 - am I a bad parent?
I don't think so. I think we all thought that about the egg thing. The sexy bits are mostly implied and fan service more than anything else
RiderLeangle
Faiz

Post by RiderLeangle »

I knew this thread would be funny when I saw it in the online list. Although I don't want to know what people mean by "The egg thing" o_O

Although I'm not going to watch this live action one, I'm only attracted to Anime girls, and if this is anything like the Anime ones I've seen (OK, I've seen one that was 3 episodes and the openings for a couple of other), So I think I'm going to pass.
ImageImage
Mogambo
Gao

Post by Mogambo »

@ takenonko: Yeah, the whole "egg thing" was a bit freaky for me too, and I'm an adult male!

@ RiderLeangle: The phrase "only attracted by anime girls" is rather scary, imho.

They lack all the most important things real girls have - they're not soft and warm and nice-smelling, they can't speak (some uber-machos would cite that as an advantage, but hey that's their problem), plus they don't have "interactive" personalities and they're not anatomically correct.... or even three-dimensional.

In short, relationships with anime girls are... rather one-sided.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

In short, three dimensions plus two dimensions equals one sided. How's that math for ya
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Guys, this isn't the first time that RiderLeangle has said this and no one can convince him otherwise.
Mogambo
Gao

Post by Mogambo »

What, not even... Saotome Miki-chan?!

O lord, lord....

Btw, the daughter says "The series was hilarious and actually egg-sensei was my favourite character! She had too much of a sad ending..."

(OK, now I *do* feel like a bad parent!)
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

@Mogambo: Don't, it means that your kid is actually paying attention to the story of a TV show, which is more then most shows in the US are aiming for in the first place.

@RL: ...some Otaku wonder why they're looked down upon by the rest of the 'normal' world... Though I'm one to talk...
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
RiderLeangle
Faiz

Post by RiderLeangle »

Mogambo wrote: @ RiderLeangle: The phrase "only attracted by anime girls" is rather scary, imho.

They lack all the most important things real girls have - they're not soft and warm and nice-smelling, they can't speak (some uber-machos would cite that as an advantage, but hey that's their problem), plus they don't have "interactive" personalities and they're not anatomically correct.... or even three-dimensional.

In short, relationships with anime girls are... rather one-sided.
Not this old rant again <_<. You think you're the only person to say something like this to me? Being the way I am wasn't something I chose, its something that just happened and looking back on my life I notice that before I realized it I always prefered Anime girls more and found them attractive first (even though that long ago I didn't really know why I liked seeing them XD). And just because I'm different doesn't really mean I'm weird, and even if I am in love with an Anime girl, I'm still happy about that and I don't care what anyone says about it. And if you're wondering who the Anime girl I'm in love with is,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Eu ... ers#Eureka
(Explains the sig, now doesn't it)
Last edited by RiderLeangle on Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Not to judge you or anything man, but if you say "hey guys, look at this" aren't you inviting people to react to it?
RiderLeangle
Faiz

Post by RiderLeangle »

Well maybe, but I don't think I could hide such a big fact, I mean its hard enough doing it in real life, I don't need the presure of hiding it online too.
ImageImage
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

RiderLeangle wrote:Well maybe, but I don't think I could hide such a big fact, I mean its hard enough doing it in real life, I don't need the presure of hiding it online too.
Are you sure you don't enjoy provoking the response? I'm not really sure why you say that phrase as much as you do otherwise
RiderLeangle
Faiz

Post by RiderLeangle »

takenoko wrote:
RiderLeangle wrote:Well maybe, but I don't think I could hide such a big fact, I mean its hard enough doing it in real life, I don't need the presure of hiding it online too.
Are you sure you don't enjoy provoking the response? I'm not really sure why you say that phrase as much as you do otherwise
Why would I enjoy that response? I hate getting negative comments about me being the way I am.
ImageImage
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I dunno. People don't necessarily do things that are always conducive of obtaining the most happiness

Return to “Cutie Honey”