Number 6
Number 6
Favorite series: Cutie Honey The Live
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Cutie Honey RP

Content of the official DVDs

Post by VampirePaladin »

As can be seen by my topic title I have some questions about the content of the official Cutie Honey The Live DVDs.

1. Do the DVDs contain clean versions of the opening and the endings?
2. What extra content, other then episode 26, do the DVDs have?

I am considering opening an online TCG with Cutie Honey The Live content as part of a larger project with a friend. I am basically trying to establish if it is worth buying the Japanese DVDs or not. The two biggest things I could want from them would be clean op/eds and extra content. I am guessing there is some degree of extra content or Cutie Honey would be moved to "completed." If any extra content on the DVDs is spoilerish or should not be discussed in a thread then please PM me.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Content of the official DVDs

Post by takenoko »

I thought there were some creditless op/ed footage, but I don't seem to see them on the backs of the DVDs. Most of them are just the making of section called the Honey File. It seems like the Honey File is the only extra footage up until the last two discs, which has the episode 26 special and the making of for that
VampirePaladin
Number 6
Number 6
Favorite series: Cutie Honey The Live
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Cutie Honey RP

Post by VampirePaladin »

Thank you very much. So basically it boils down to that the DVDs would just give me completely clean footage to work with for the episodes minus the subs for Watari. And I was REALLY hoping for creditless op/eds.
devnul13
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite Actor?: 赵薇
Favorite Band: Mr. Bungle
My boom: 普通话

Post by devnul13 »

I am a big fan of the Cutie (sometimes “Cutey”?) Honey - The Live series. Thanks to the TV-Nihon subbing efforts I have been able to enjoy this series fully. 25+1 episodes is not enough to quench my thirst for this show so any extra content is good fix for my addiction.

Are the “Honey Files” included in the DVD release the same as the streaming videos available from the “News” section of the Cutie Honey - The Live official site?

Link for reference: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/contents/hone ... /news.html

I have the streams saved in asf format and although fun to watch, my utter lack of Japanese language skill limits me a bit. Hope to see these subbed someday.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>Are the “Honey Files” included in the DVD release the same as the streaming videos available from the “News” section of the Cutie Honey - The Live official site?

Yeah, but obviously longer

>I have the streams saved in asf format and although fun to watch, my utter lack of Japanese language skill limits me a bit. Hope to see these subbed someday.

Yup, they're on the list of backburner projects. That's why Cutie Honey hasn't been moved into the complete forum yet
devnul13
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite Actor?: 赵薇
Favorite Band: Mr. Bungle
My boom: 普通话

Post by devnul13 »

Very much appreciate your reply, something nice to look forward to. Thanks TV-Nihon peeps, you are my heroes! 8)
我是流氓,我怕谁?

Return to “Cutie Honey”