Wiki Link
blackv8
Adventure
Favorite series: Kikaida
Dreamy: Jennifer Connelly

Re: Cutie Honey 19 released

Post by blackv8 »

Okay, I'm a noob- sorry if my etiquette is off-

First off, I just want to say that I am really enjoying this series, and would like to thank those doing the hard work of creating the fansubs.

Second, as many have commented here, that Yuki is proving to be quite demonish! I hope that Honey will triumph in the end. I quite like the Saotome Miki character and hope she gets her joie de vivre/smile back, instead of just becoming a sacrifice to protect Honey. Since I'm not familiar with the previous incarnations of these characters, I have no idea what has gone before and therefore no preconceptions.

I'm also glad to know that I'm not the only one confused by this episodes revelations about Honey vs. the other 2 "flashing" girls. Do we know Miki and Yuki are not also androids? Obviously they have more nuanced personalities than Honey, but up to now I just expected that they were of a feather with Honey... the matching closing credit fight sequences, etc. seem to suggest it.

But there's been a psycho quality to Yuki even when she wasn't overtly evil. So I'm not too terribly surprised by her latest shenanigans. On the other hand, Honey's roommate Nacchan showed a new level of weasel behavior that was inconsistent with her past standing up to the peer group pressure. Disappointing.

Best to all!
Last edited by blackv8 on Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

blackv8 wrote:Do we know Miki and Yuki are not also androids?
Nope, we only know what the show's told us. Characters can be lying or making false assumptions.

I'm also disappointed that Yuki didn't get her own coloring
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

She got bolded, which is more than enough for her. Nacchan shocked me in that she had NOTHING to do with Honey what-so-ever after promising to be by Honey's side. Honey may be an android, but she doesn't seem to grasp the concept that that means she's not actually human and like real people. Her feelings are hurt and she's getting depressed. I hate to see this happening to her. Hopefully Hayami will sweep her off her feet or something awesome like that will happen, she'll turn into blonde Honey but with control, and then she'll annihilate Yuki and the Panther Claw in one supreme Honeyhameha of doom.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Well, Nacchan was clearly scared and confused. She obviously feels conflicted and is uncertain about what the right thing to do is. It's not an easy thing to stand up against everyone else.
victorstillwater
IXA
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Hibiki
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by victorstillwater »

Despite everything that's happened, I'm still more worried about the fate of Watari/Wataru... Mark Musashi.

Will he ever get his body back together again?!
Victor Stillwater:
Former Professional Blogger and Tech Support Rep. Giant Robot Pilot. Kamen Rider-in-training.

Visit my NEW blog of games and geekery at http://iamstillwater.wordpress.com
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

^I think that's a big negative. Or atleast I hope that was the end of him. XD

Nacchan stood up to the others before. She's not necessarily popular, nor worried about being popular. Seemed as though aslong as she had Honey, she was ok. But now her tune has changed. But facing prosecution from the whole class doesn't make life decisions like this easy. I hope she'll continue as Honey's friend.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Bauffie
Save the life
Dreamy: Nakatsu Shuichi
Favorite Actor?: Matsuyama Kenichi
Favorite Band: Gazette
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hayami's trendy hat

Post by Bauffie »

Yuki doesn't need to die. She just needs to be sent to Sh15uya for a few weeks. There, she can challenge Peace/Piece as much as she wants until she finally becomes a well mannered lady.
Akari
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR Faiz/Ryukendo
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Yuria Haga(Mari/Mio)
Favorite Actor?: Shouma Yamamoto
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Tokusatsu!!
Quote: Ultimate Ryukendo! Raijin!

Post by Akari »

Bauffie wrote:Yuki doesn't need to die. She just needs to be sent to Sh15uya for a few weeks. There, she can challenge Peace/Piece as much as she wants until she finally becomes a well mannered lady.
Technically she has fought Peace a couple of times and he didn't fare too well, though the idea of sending her to Sh15uya for eternity would be punishment enough. (I am reffering to fact that Watari and Peace are played by the same actor.)

Thanks to guile_bio for his help with the sig and gif
teh_unknown1
Honey System
Favorite series: Magi, Den-O, GARO
Dreamy: Satou Takeru. ^_^
Favorite Band: MSI right now.
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by teh_unknown1 »

Saejima Kouga wrote:Hopefully Hayami will sweep her off her feet or something awesome like that will happen, she'll turn into blonde Honey but with control, and then she'll annihilate Yuki and the Panther Claw in one supreme Honeyhameha of doom.
That would be made of so much epic win. xD I would love to see that.

Also, I hope Wataru, as much as I like him, doesn't come back anymore. Once was enough...and we really didn't need that.
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself

Post by Tuss4 »

there is a lot that we (as in those of us who are just getting into the CH franchise) don't know about her, I mean what exactly is her connection with Hayami, and the homeless? That is not explained. I think it is safe to assume that Miki is a cyborg, because she apparently had human parents.

NVM, because if we remember the prison arc, before she was a troublemaker she was still a genius. Maybe she was like Yuki in the sense, that she later on became adopted, but had her adoptive family taken away from her. So in the end Take is probably right.

Super Sentai Spirits
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sentai
Favorite Band: Too many to name
My boom: Kicking Ass

Post by Super Sentai Spirits »

imo i think that yuki is becoming the anti Honey or "Misty Honey".
アニメ、特撮、ROCKの垣根を越えて活動中!サイキックラバーです。
After the second role call nothing can go wrong

Akari
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR Faiz/Ryukendo
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Yuria Haga(Mari/Mio)
Favorite Actor?: Shouma Yamamoto
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Tokusatsu!!
Quote: Ultimate Ryukendo! Raijin!

Post by Akari »

Yuki is soooo sadistic that I wanted to grab through my screen and slap her then kill her. Its like a total role reversal...The nicer and closer Miki is to Honey, the more nastier and sadistic that Yuki become. Plus, I dont understand how Yuki can use her for spare parts since she is Human and yo cant just put cyborg parts in your body? I hope Miki chan gets to kill Yuki in the end. That would be awesome!!! :D

Thanks to guile_bio for his help with the sig and gif
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Akari wrote:Yuki is soooo sadistic that I wanted to grab through my screen and slap her then kill her. Its like a total role reversal...The nicer and closer Miki is to Honey, the more nastier and sadistic that Yuki become. Plus, I dont understand how Yuki can use her for spare parts since she is Human and yo cant just put cyborg parts in your body? I hope Miki chan gets to kill Yuki in the end. That would be awesome!!! :D
Yuki can probably do it the same way that Watari was rebuilt.
Sho-saka
NagoSan
Favorite series: Zero Punctuation
Dreamy: You tell me...
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru-san
Favorite Band: Erm...any?
My boom: Away with the faerys

Post by Sho-saka »

Depressed that Watari (aka Mark Musashi) is never coming back.

But I'm really angry that Yuki's getting bitchy on Honey. (She's adding to my list on 'Characters that Should Die in their Own Way', which includes Kusaka from Faiz, Gilbert from Shadow Hearts: FTNW, Cloud Strife from FFVII (Oh, come on. He's been so emo, ever since Aerith's unexpected departure in the game and he's STILL emo in Advent Children), Oldbag from the Ace Attonery games and Miaka from Fushigi Yuugi (she's annoying as hell as she's so weak-willed, unlike Takiko from Genbu Gaiden), unless she changes in the end) I would really wish Inoue-san would do something good in the end, otherwise it's a bit like Faiz all over again.

I feel so sorry for Honey. Being all left alone from her classmates.

And I nearly die from laughing when I see Nakajou/Hikaru taking the 'Pretty Boy/Bishounen' type a bit too seriously. I'm seeing as if he wasn't the only person to have as many personalities as Ryoutarou's possessed forms. XD
Bauffie
Save the life
Dreamy: Nakatsu Shuichi
Favorite Actor?: Matsuyama Kenichi
Favorite Band: Gazette
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hayami's trendy hat

Post by Bauffie »

Akari wrote:Technically she has fought Peace a couple of times and he didn't fare too well, though the idea of sending her to Sh15uya for eternity would be punishment enough. (I am reffering to fact that Watari and Peace are played by the same actor.)
If someone wanted to trap Yuki in Shibuya, who's crazy enough to give her powers? xD And then, she can tire easily while Peace can reappear anytime. And yes, Mark Musashi is the reason why she should be sent to Sh15uya. WatarixYuki. :D

Return to “Cutie Honey”