Like Garo... but with more boobs
Forum rules
Wiki Link
Wyvern
7X
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: Cutie Honey 21 released

Post by Wyvern »

yup Honey really messed up Nakajou, poor guy.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

He deserved it for torturing/kidnapping Miki.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

ouch, that has got to be like, the third most painful way to die I've yet seen.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Here's what I think of the timeline:

1. Dr. Kisaragi's daughter died
2. He becomes mad and starts to work on the Honey system
3. He kills Miki's parents and kidnaps Miki
4. He reprograms her and installs the Honey system into her
5. Miki shows signs of the Honey system failing
6. Dr. Kisaragi takes Yuki and installs the Honey system
7. Yuki also shows signs of the Honey system failing as well
8. Dr. Kisaragi builts Honey with a perfected Honey system
9. Miki finds Dr. Kisaragi's diary and kills him
10. Honey buries Dr. Kisaragi shortly afterwards

As for Yuki's foster parents, they are probably were random people to keep watch of Yuki for Dr. Kisaragi.

I'm glad that Yuki didn't get to kill Miki. Miki went out on her own terms.
tokufan1988
Number 6
Number 6

Post by tokufan1988 »

yup, that timeline looks pretty reasonable to me. ooooh, nakajou is taking the whole girlie personality a wee bit too far. kinda disturbing yet quite fun to watch.
Rando
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Rando »

Akari wrote: 1) What is with Watari-Bot saying "Sorry"?
He wasn't. He said "Haru ga kita" which means "Spring has come". When he died in this episode, he said "Fuyu ga kita", which is "Winter has come". I would have put this in the Cutie Honey errors thread after the first Watari-bot, but there isn't one...
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Rando wrote:
Akari wrote: 1) What is with Watari-Bot saying "Sorry"?
He wasn't. He said "Haru ga kita" which means "Spring has come". When he died in this episode, he said "Fuyu ga kita", which is "Winter has come". I would have put this in the Cutie Honey errors thread after the first Watari-bot, but there isn't one...
Then make an error thread.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Hmm? Why would he say winter/spring has come?
Wyvern
7X
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Wyvern »

hmm his robotic body is warm its spring
when he is dying his robotic body gets cold and he thinks winter is coming..

sounds wierd but what you expect from a near mindless borg.
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself

Post by Tuss4 »

i thought the faux solidifier system nakajou was making was scary, the reaction the test dummy experienced was the same one Miki experienced as she died. But it doesn't make sense to me, how it failed, considering it was based off Honey, and not the faulty ones in Miki, and Yuki. If could have to do with the fact that Honey is a complete robot. Maybe they might outfit Robo - Watari with a system.

On a side note, if you're daughter died, why would you outfit a replacement daughter, with a enough power to overpower you, and kill you? if you think about it, that makes no sense whatsoever. I mean if you want her to replace your daughter, I don't think your daughter had enough power to eviscerate a whole city. It would make more sense to me if it were a part of a government experiment, yes I know that is cliche, but it makes more sense. Even the person who came up with the Alien theory, that would make more sense as cheesy as that is.

Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Tuss4 wrote:i thought the faux solidifier system nakajou was making was scary, the reaction the test dummy experienced was the same one Miki experienced as she died. But it doesn't make sense to me, how it failed, considering it was based off Honey, and not the faulty ones in Miki, and Yuki. If could have to do with the fact that Honey is a complete robot. Maybe they might outfit Robo - Watari with a system.

On a side note, if you're daughter died, why would you outfit a replacement daughter, with a enough power to overpower you, and kill you? if you think about it, that makes no sense whatsoever. I mean if you want her to replace your daughter, I don't think your daughter had enough power to eviscerate a whole city. It would make more sense to me if it were a part of a government experiment, yes I know that is cliche, but it makes more sense. Even the person who came up with the Alien theory, that would make more sense as cheesy as that is.
He went mad. He wasn't the most rational person when he was trying to replace his daughter.
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself

Post by Tuss4 »

to me the going 'mad' part is covered, when he murders the parents of Miki and Yuki, to fulfill his ambitions, I don't think that reasons justifies, weapons. To me going mad, is when he easily disposes of his creations, weapons again are not really justified by that reason. If it were something like, "he went mad and was bent on destroying the world" that is different.

Sonic Landale
Adventure

Post by Sonic Landale »

Yea... who knew Dr Kisaragi's offically crossed the line... though... during the car accident thing... I guess he had a proto-ACS Device in the form of a table and a network of strings... or something.

Anyways, Honey from there on out sounds like one heck of an uphill battle, with allies fading away like the sands...
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Tuss4 wrote:to me the going 'mad' part is covered, when he murders the parents of Miki and Yuki, to fulfill his ambitions, I don't think that reasons justifies, weapons. To me going mad, is when he easily disposes of his creations, weapons again are not really justified by that reason. If it were something like, "he went mad and was bent on destroying the world" that is different.
You're thinking is a bit wrong. I don't think he really thought of them as weapons. The Honey system wasn't really designed to be a weapon. He probably gave Miki and Yuki the device to please them with the ability to get anything they want. They can be weapons but that thought was a long way from his mind at the time. Also he thought that the brainwashing wouldn't allow them to turn against him.
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by avatarthe »

Don't forget the girls were DEAD! We know the real Honey died, and Miki says the Doctor killer her family before killing her. I think the Honey system was implanted in them as part of the process to bring them back to life. The doctor probably had his daughter's dead body frozen somewhere, killed Miki and Yuki, they experimented on them to see if he could bring them back to life. Part of the process of resurrecting them was implanting the honey system. Had the experiment worked, he would have his daughter back the same way, as there was some incompatibility between the honey system and the human body, he decided to scrap the idea of bringing his daughter's body back to live and instead created an entirely new body for her in the form of an android.

That's my take on it.

Oh course there is always the possibility that all of this research and experimentation was VERY expensive, and the doctor had to make a deal with some bad people (Panther Claw) to get funding. They paid him to build a weapon for them, he took the money and built the weapon, but made it in the shape of a daughter!

That's my other take on it.

Return to “Cutie Honey”