7X
Favorite series: Too many
Dreamy: ??????
Favorite Actor?: None
Favorite Band: ????
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Re: Cutie Honey 21 released

Post by alamorules »

Mod edit: Snip, let's not do something that might accidentally spoil the rest of the series for those of us not familiar with the other Cutie Honey stories
In the original story is his love for Honey (not madness) that he creates the androind. Cutie Honey the Live is, as we have seen, different.
victorstillwater
IXA
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Hibiki
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by victorstillwater »

Onegai! Onegai! Please don't kill my Miki dear! :(
Victor Stillwater:
Former Professional Blogger and Tech Support Rep. Giant Robot Pilot. Kamen Rider-in-training.

Visit my NEW blog of games and geekery at http://iamstillwater.wordpress.com
Bauffie
Save the life
Dreamy: Nakatsu Shuichi
Favorite Actor?: Matsuyama Kenichi
Favorite Band: Gazette
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hayami's trendy hat

Post by Bauffie »

I'm sorry I ever said anything about wanting to see Hikaru-chan flash. The beginning of the ep was disturbing enough... (Well, I thought the experience at 4:09 was an operation to turn him into... a real woman. xD;;; But am I glad it wasn't the case.) "Uu~ I'm shaking~!"

I'm not sure if I want Miki to be revived or not. It was such an epic episode and her death was so beautifully built and executed. There shouldn't be a more heroic ending for her than this. However, for all the pain she went through, she really deserves to live peacefully and happily with her sisters and friends. Ah, in the end, I want her to be revived afterall. :0

Ah Yuki... I wanted her to hear the story and become a good girl again but I guess that won't be happening. She only heard the part about Miki killing Doctor Kisaragi. >> The only good thing about her now is the oyabun thing. == How I miss the normal, happy and Honey-loving Yuki...
Ghost23
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ghost23 »

First I just like to get it out of my system, NNNNnnnnNNNNNNooooOOOOOOOoooooOOOO!!!Say it ain't so!!Say It AIN'T SO!!

ok I'm done...wait just one more, SAY IT AIN'T SO!!! OK now I'm done.

I just like to add just how many time can they bring Wataru back? Although I feel bad for that Mark guy, he had a speaking part and ends up with a almost non speaking part like on other shows he has done. I wonder why Miki doesn't want Yuki to know....
Bauffie
Save the life

Post by Bauffie »

Because Miki doesn't want Yuki to feel betrayed and devastated like she was when she learned the truth about her 'dad'? Miki is best placed to understand Yuki's feelings afterall. Knowing that your real parents were killed that you've been turned into a defectuous freak, and all that by your precious dad, well that's a good reason to suffer from a breakdown. Miki and Yuki are, somewhat, sisters afterall.

Wataru... Maybe paying for a single actor to keep Honey busy for a few minutes is cheaper than paying for a whole bunch of actors to play some panther claw minions. And it's easier to coordinate the fight.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Ok, there's one thing I still don't understand.
Spoiler
How did doctor know he will be killed and made it far enough to build an android especially if he already have Yuki? He must have known that when he got Yuki that it will be a failure even before planning all this in prepare for Miki's revenge. I mean the timeline doesn't make sense, did he built an android while experimenting with Miki and then Yuki?

Anyway, Miki my favorite from the start to the end. I guess I knew she was never a bad person. Her method of death came as shock, I was half expecting her to be chopped by Yuki or just drop death in front of her. But not as that.

Her weapon was a beautiful weapon before it became rusted.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I don't think Dr. Kisaragi knew that Miki was coming to kill him though
Akari
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR Faiz/Ryukendo
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Yuria Haga(Mari/Mio)
Favorite Actor?: Shouma Yamamoto
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Tokusatsu!!
Quote: Ultimate Ryukendo! Raijin!

Post by Akari »

I really enjoyed this episode.

Spoiler
I mean Im gonna really miss Miki, but im glad that they didnt let Yuki get to to kill her. Otherwise I would have been pissed off. So Dr Kisaragi was probably just turning Honey on when Miki came in to kill him. Thats when Honey probaby buried him, but didnt know why. Watari, I wish they would give it a rest with him BUT I dont mind seeing him. Two things:
1) What is with Watari-Bot saying "Sorry"?
2) Why did we have to see that Panther Claw minion try to flash? Im so scarred for life!
I hope they dont bring Miki back, it would totally ruin the tragedy of her death and also the dignity of her death! Still not sure how her weapon got rusted either, since it looked really nice when it was not tainted

Thanks to guile_bio for his help with the sig and gif
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

takenoko wrote:I don't think Dr. Kisaragi knew that Miki was coming to kill him though
He did because he told Honey to bury him after she woke up. So he must have known at some point.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
Algo Fonix
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Dreamy: Give me a minute
Favorite Band: Haken
Quote: You should be, 'cause I'm havin the time of my liiiiiife right now!

Post by Algo Fonix »

;.;

Spoiler
Let me say this to start, I'm really glad that Miki didn't die by Yuki's hand. I have a new level of love for Miki's character now... seeing why she was so distant and violent in the beginning makes me view her in a whole nother light, ya know? That being said, just the way she died... it was so much more powerful that if someone had killed her.

I'm not sure if I want to believe she'll be revived or not... If she were to be brought back, it'd be a good chance she'd be used by Panther Claw as a tool to get Honey, right?... Either that or something I fear may be an actual spoiler... /me ends the incoherent rambling.

I can't wait to find out what happens next. This series has been addicting.
Shado Kabuto
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz Kabuto Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O Deka Magi Bou

Post by Shado Kabuto »

Man Im pissed off that they
Spoiler
kill Miki first and not Yuki but the Doctor knew that Miki would kill him and created Honey as a precaution
I walk the path of HEAVENS
Thanks Guile for the Kabuto Avy's and Signatures
thanks bauffie for the sig.
Bauffie
Save the life

Post by Bauffie »

Algo Fonix wrote:That being said, just the way she died... it was so much more powerful that if someone had killed her.
Of course, barfing a sticky white liquid and having a dozen of uneven metallic spikes breaking out of your body violently >> being stabbed by someone. (this is like the CRACK we heard in geki xD)

Shado Kabuto wrote:kill Miki first and not Yuki
But Yuki has no reason to die. They just can't send a random villain and kill her like that. I'd find it cheap and I'd be left unsatisfied. And then, if Yuki died before her, Miki's final moment and 'sacrifice' wouldn't have been as tragic. Miki died to warn Yuki of the upcoming terror.
Skinwalker
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sh15uya
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey The Live
Favorite Band: JAM Project
My boom: X-23

Post by Skinwalker »

Wow. That was... Possibly the best (or at least one of the best) episodes of any tokusatsu I've seen... Very interesting and moving. Great characterisation, and horrible that they pulled something like that, even if they had built up a sense of it being inevitable. Did not expect her to die like that though... v_v
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Tuss4 »

@alamorules: dude I love your sig!

Sad episode, I really REALLY want Yuki to dissappear, who does she think she is? I mean seriously! on a side note, Ayame Misaki's angry face is really hot! I am really glad Yuki did not get the chance to finish Miki off, cuz if she did, I might have bought a ticket to Japan, just to slap Yuki's actress in the face, and call her my bitch.

alamorules
7X
Favorite series: Too many
Dreamy: ??????
Favorite Actor?: None
Favorite Band: ????
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by alamorules »

Thank you, Tuss4. He is Mazinger-Z another creation of GO NAGAI the creator of CUTIE HONEY. I'm a Nagai fan, and I just got censored because of my knowlage of all the versions of Cutie Honey. It wasn't my inttetion to spoil anything. Just give an idea of other Honey tales.

If any one wants to know more about GO NAGAI's other works (Mazinger, Kekko Kamen, Jeeg...) You can drop me a note at alamorules@yahoo.com .

Return to “Cutie Honey”