Wiki Link
phantombeast
Go Go!
Favorite series: Sailor Moon / Buffy
Favorite Band: t.A.T.u.
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Cutie Honey 23 released

Post by phantombeast »

I'm impressed with the custom Honey figure. I always appreciate the time it takes to do that, good job.

I'm getting very depressed with the last few episodes. I was so excited with having a new show to watch, it was funny and upbeat and campy. I don't mind when things get dark for plot, but I'm not too optimistic if there's really only one or two episodes left to give us a happy ending that doesn't feel rushed, or deus ex machina'd.
Toku Tenshi
Adventure
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Toku Tenshi »

Hayami looked weird without his hat on and I agree that he should have done SOMETHING this episode besides hide behind a freakin' tree. >_<

I couldn't help but think of Chobits at the end of the episode...
Sho-saka
NagoSan
Favorite series: Zero Punctuation
Dreamy: You tell me...
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru-san
Favorite Band: Erm...any?
My boom: Away with the faerys

Post by Sho-saka »

Oh God, I hope the TV executives aren't going to make an Tanaka Honey spin-off. I'm having nightmares, because of her cosplaying as Honey.

Geez, I feel that Inoue-san must have enjoyed watching Otose and Catherine's idea from Gintama episode 50.

Spoiler
And yay! Miki's back! ^_^ I am SO GLAD she's alive (if it was a little cliche) snapped out of it. Now, if she could find a way to revive Honey and make Yuki return to normal, I shall watch the series to the very end.
Karoum
7X

Post by Karoum »

KRendBlade wrote: I don't know what to think about Mayumi. I'm hesitant to say that she loves Miki - can sadists feel love? - but she definitely feels something for her. And yet, she has no qualms about killing her if she tries to leave her grasp. I know it's cliché, but maybe it's that whole "if I can't have all to myself, then I'll just kill you to spite them" thing going on.
I think I can answer that one, but first I would like to thank TVNihon properly for their high quality fansubbing which I appreciate a lot. I enjoy this show, PPGZ and Yugioh zero series a lot. I would also like to say that what I am going to write may shock some of you so I want to tell you guys I am sorry in advance and that what I will write is influenced by my own experience and that while I do not hold every single answer I will take the time to answer some questions you may have in regard to that particular aspect of Mayumi. Write me in PM if you wish.

As for your question, yes and speaking out of experience (I am 22, been in the scene for a couple years now) , sadist do feel love. Although the character of Mayumi is a bit caricatural in itself, it does portray many aspects of BDSM that are true to most people in the scene. You have to understand that in this type of relationship, trust,dedication and love are to be the prime elements upon which it is built else it will not last for long. Mayumi, in her own twisted way, is trying to win the trust of Miki by showing her dedication and her own love for her. I have seen on many occasions submissives being very caring of Mistresses and Masters they don't know out of love for the idea those people represent. I also have seen it the other way around and experienced it myself although this does not translate into the same kind of gestures of course. Before you ask me: no, doing something to another person without their proper explicit consent, regardless of their "rank", is a big nono and has to be punished by law and I know almost everyone in the scene (99.99%) will totally agree to this statement.

The whole egg thing I cannot explain though(probably has something to do with the image of fertility or something like that), nor the need to kill her because she cannot have her as this is just part of the storytelling and not something I ever saw in real life.

All I can say is that on overall, the caracter of Mayumi, while being a caricature, does portray the feeling a real Mistress or Master must have for his/her partner (except the killing part) and in that sense I do appreciate the character very much.
phantombeast
Go Go!
Favorite series: Sailor Moon / Buffy
Favorite Band: t.A.T.u.
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by phantombeast »

I think it's also Mayumi's come down with a case of wanting what you can't have. Every student throws herself at Mayumi, but Miki seems to be the only one who ever turned down her advances. So if you mix her love for domination with her unstable/evil persona, you're going to get someone crazy in love. She just wants to own her because she can't. And when you don't submit, it'll just make her hit harder.
typhoon_2099
IXA
Favorite series: MagiRanger
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by typhoon_2099 »

Melty tale storage?! What the hell does that mean?

Great episode, the ending makes me want the next one bad!

P.S. Love commercials, you should download tons of Japanese stuff just to get the adverts from them, lol.
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Tuss4 »

it's like a cockroach or something, why can't yuki die?!

Saka Yuura
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kuuga
Dreamy: Kanbe Miyuki...RIP
Favorite Actor?: None...really
Favorite Band: None
My boom: Decade

Post by Saka Yuura »

I was in shocked for a WHILE after Miki died like that. And if I could choose one person to die that I would LOVE to see, it would be the tranny that is evil.

Also...I take it there is only 24 episodes in this show, and next week is the finale?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Saka Yuura wrote:Also...I take it there is only 24 episodes in this show, and next week is the finale?
No, someone mention about an episode 25. Also they would say "Final Episode" in the preview.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Spoiler
Next week is episode 24, not the finale.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
brokenever
Infinity
Favorite Actor?: Mark Musashi!
Alignment: Neutral

Post by brokenever »

alamorules wrote:Well, here is my custom made HONEY:
[img]
I'm kinda surprised no one made a fuss over this! I'm impressed! We need a fan-art forum somewhere to toss it in, though... :wink:

Someone mentioned something about Honey necklaces in the first page, too - was that wishful thinking, or do they actually have those? If so... I want. :D
alamorules
7X
Favorite series: Too many
Dreamy: ??????
Favorite Actor?: None
Favorite Band: ????
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by alamorules »

Thank you to all the people who like my custom made Cutie Honey.

[MOD EDIT: this is not the place to sell ur stuff. Go to the "buy and sell" area of the forum.
Well, two more episodes to go. The way things are going I know we will have a happy ending.

Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Kick Hopper did one like that. o_o;
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
alamorules
7X
Favorite series: Too many
Dreamy: ??????
Favorite Actor?: None
Favorite Band: ????
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by alamorules »

I'm very sorry. I didn't mean to brake any rules. Thank you. Now I know where to place the pictures next time.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

Saejima Kouga wrote:Kick Hopper did one like that. o_o;
Are you talking about the necklace in my sig? It's actually not very good quality. It's too big, misshapen, and very heavy since it's made of sculpy clay. It was a rush job for a cosplay I was doing the next day. But I did spend a lot of time looking at that damn necklace in the show. It's definitely an odd necklace. It's three skulls on top of each other, with a tongue coming out of the top scull and spiraling down to the bottom, and insect legs coming out of the back/sides. I love the necklace as it is even without cosplay purposes. I might make another one that's more accurate.
ImageImage

Return to “Cutie Honey”