Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Cutie Honey 25 released

Post by takenoko »

I don't think the ending had any surprises. Just a lot of great action and the series coming full circle. Very sentimental.

Watch till the very end guys!
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Cutie Honey 25 released

Post by Saejima Kouga »

A beautiful ending indeed. We really couldn't ask for, nor have expected better.

Spoiler
So, does Honey fight Zoanoids now that the Panther Claw is gone?
And who else thought that was Mayumi at the end?
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Shado Kabuto
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz Kabuto Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O Deka Magi Bou

Post by Shado Kabuto »

Well the end is here for this Quirky series but with good action lovable characters.... MIKI-SAN!!!!!!!!!! and a funny serious tone plotline.....

I hope we see another Hyper Action midnight drama series soon..... GARO II..... another possibility we see in the near future
I walk the path of HEAVENS
Thanks Guile for the Kabuto Avy's and Signatures
thanks bauffie for the sig.
fvig2001
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Cutie Honey
Dreamy: Saotome Miki
Favorite Actor?: Kitagawa Keiko
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by fvig2001 »

I also thought the very gransazer monster at the end was Mayumi at first. Since no one has said this yet...
Spoiler
Yuuuukiiiiii!!!!

I liked the ending, it somewhat connected the show to the other cutie honey iterations. So is Cutie Honey the Live a Prequel to any of the Cutie Honey series? I'm starting think that it might become the prequel for the next Cutie Honey that Go Nagai would make...eventually,
Spoiler
since I don't see Natsuko becoming a lesbian-like police woman anytime soon like in re:Cutie Honey.

Miki smiling at the end was weird for me. Thanks TV-Nihon for subbing another great series!
"I'm going to the States to enjoy myself" - Said by a close friend.
kevn57
Gao
Favorite series: Akihabara@DEEP
Dreamy: Akira
Favorite Actor?: Horikita Maki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by kevn57 »

Thanks a lot for subbing this, I really enjoyed this series and thought they took the fights up a notch with the action and effects in this episode. I just wish the series was longer, especially after seeing such a great finale.
Sho-saka
NagoSan
Favorite series: Zero Punctuation
Dreamy: You tell me...
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru-san
Favorite Band: Erm...any?
My boom: Away with the faerys

Post by Sho-saka »

Aaaawww damn. Another one of my favourite series has ended. *sob*

Spoiler
- Well, at least Yuki can finally rest in peace, now that her soul was saved by Honey. She was truly crying that she had to fight against her own will. But it was a bitterwseet story that both Yuki and Miki (damnit, why did she had to die again!? This is so not fair! T_T) now live within Honey, even after death.

- Yay, Tanaka's dead! I'll never going to trust fishmonger's wives for now on.

Thanks TV-N for this. Now, I'm going to watch Neuro...
alamorules
7X
Favorite series: Too many
Dreamy: ??????
Favorite Actor?: None
Favorite Band: ????
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by alamorules »

I'm very happy with the ending. Plus we got to see how our homeless detective met Honey. At first I toght that the woman turning into a monster was Sister Jill (She is the leader of the whole Panther Claw in most of the Cutie Honey series and mangas) . I hope the raitings were strong enough to see another Honey series.

Enjoy, everyone ! I invite you all to see other Honey Series. For more information on other Cutei Honey series, feel free to visit http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=3946 .
Also,the creator, GO NAGAI, has many creations that are very popular. TV-Nihon has Chibi Chara Go Nagai World where you can see many of his characters. IN FACT I WANT TO SEE PART 3. WHERE IS PART 3??? I WANT PART 3!!!!

Image Honey chan, I'm gonna miss you! Image Image Image

Last edited by alamorules on Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Skinwalker
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sh15uya
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey The Live
Favorite Band: JAM Project
My boom: X-23

Post by Skinwalker »

Thankyou for the subs. A nice ending to a great series....

And now there's nothing good on for the rest of 2008 :(
phantombeast
Go Go!
Favorite series: Sailor Moon / Buffy
Favorite Band: t.A.T.u.
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by phantombeast »

I'm happy with the wrap up. I wish there will be a second season. The ending left it pretty open. Thanks as always TV-N!!
blackv8
Adventure
Favorite series: Kikaida
Dreamy: Jennifer Connelly

Post by blackv8 »

Thanks to all those involved with producing the fansubs for this series. I really enjoyed it.

I wasn't quite as impressed as some were with the finale, but it definitely brought some of the fun back towards the end (I can't think of another show where the heroine mashes a gang member against the wall with her chest and he crumples to the ground with a goofy smile on his face). I do think that Yuki had been such a psycho b!+c# it would have been hard to accept her surviving as she was. It was cool to see a more reliable and confident Hayami (with a gun no less) in the future fight scene at the end.

Obviously there are all kinds of stories that could yet be told with these characters. Wouldn't it be cool if, like some of the Kamen Rider type shows, Honey could not just communicate with Yuki and Miki, but also call them up as physical combatants in a fight? (OK- I'll admit it, I'd be happy with any pretext that would bring Miki back). It would be nice to see a second series.
alamorules
7X
Favorite series: Too many
Dreamy: ??????
Favorite Actor?: None
Favorite Band: ????
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by alamorules »

blackv8 wrote:Thanks to all those involved with producing the fansubs for this series. I really enjoyed it.

I wasn't quite as impressed as some were with the finale, but it definitely brought some of the fun back towards the end (I can't think of another show where the heroine mashes a gang member against the wall with her chest and he crumples to the ground with a goofy smile on his face). I do think that Yuki had been such a psycho b!+c# it would have been hard to accept her surviving as she was. It was cool to see a more reliable and confident Hayami (with a gun no less) in the future fight scene at the end.

Obviously there are all kinds of stories that could yet be told with these characters. Wouldn't it be cool if, like some of the Kamen Rider type shows, Honey could not just communicate with Yuki and Miki, but also call them up as physical combatants in a fight? (OK- I'll admit it, I'd be happy with any pretext that would bring Miki back). It would be nice to see a second series.
Miki and Yuki were original characters for this series. Hayami and Na chan are on most of the other Honey stories. Who knows, may be they may be used in new upcoming storylines. About Honey knoking out a guy with her boobs; well that is Go Nagai for you. He does that with most of his sexy heroines. In fact, one of his characters is Kekko Kamen. She only wears a mask and boots, fights naked and she attacks the enemy some time with her crush...
I want to thank everyone who worked on this project. Your hard work pays off all the time.Now about Kiva....
KRendBlade
Kamen Knight

Post by KRendBlade »

I thought the ending was going to leave me depressed for the rest of the day, but it's surprisingly optimistic. I mean, nearly everyone died, but they died on their own terms; well, everyone except Tanaka, but ehh... that's probably a good thing. If that's how she fights when she's serious...*shudders*
I liked how Honey showed off some moves from Miki and Yuki as well. Although it reminds me of Gekiranger for some reason, and for the life of me I can't imagine why, aside from it showing her seemingly perfect fighting skills. This show is definitely going to stick with me for a while.
Warrior of Zarona
!Wizards
!Wizards

Post by Warrior of Zarona »

I agree that the series feels like a loose prequel that helps connect the rest of the series.
Spoiler
Cutie Honey always called herself the Warrior of Love, but never mentioned it until the last episode, which helps start off the other series as well.

Of course, the other stories have Panther Claw killing off her father instead of the origins that were shown here, and she fights for revenge. I feel like in ending Cutie Honey The Live like this, though, it feels as if Honey's matured enough to act less emptyheaded compared to the rest of the other series.

By the way - Honey in the Miki outfit looked pretty cool, but it strangely reminded me of Garuru Form from Kiva.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

What a nice ending.

Although, I got to admit watching two naked ladies hugging is a bit too much for me to take. lol

Spoiler
I liked how Honey copied Yuki and Miki's fighting style a bit. I totally forgot about Miki doing headbutt at one point.

I actually thought that villian was Mayumi but realize that it's not her after she asked Honey who she is.

LOL at Hayami watching Honey bashing bad guy's head with her chest. Hayami's face is just priceless.

For some reason, I could never hate Yuki like most fans here did. I am glad I didn't.

Now I am ready for a new adult toku (Garo 2 maybe? lol).

Is Cutie Honey from the same network that Garo or Shibuya 15 come from?

Is this a good time to watch movies? I have never watched Cutie Honey until this one so.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
Bauffie
Save the life
Dreamy: Nakatsu Shuichi
Favorite Actor?: Matsuyama Kenichi
Favorite Band: Gazette
My boom: Hayami's trendy hat

Post by Bauffie »

The goodbye scene almost made me cry. xD;;

The fighting scenes and the choreography was awesome as always. The way they handle their weapons is amazing.

It was cool that Hayami was able to save Honey by using Miki's weapon even though the act wasn't shown. He's always protected Honey in so many ways and never failed to do so. At least I'm glad to know that he indeed played an important part in the story. He's not a fighter but he's the medium between the three girls. (oh~ Gunner Hayami :D)

It was just too bad that Natsuko was not included in the ending. When Honey went missing, she was also worried about her and came to Hayami for help. And... then... she was tossed aside? I'm pretty sure she played an important role in Honey's life as well. Oh well. XD I guess she had the role of a witness.

The monster thing at the end with the hairy back didn't look like a boss to me. She reminded me of the goth girl who was Mayumi's subordinate. Her transformation looked too painful. And ugly.

Ah... no more Cutie Honey. *tear* It was another memorable series that you brought into my life. XD

Return to “Cutie Honey”