2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Re: Go-Onger 18 released

Post by That Guy »

Kamen Rider Gumo wrote:Am I the only one to notice the similarities between the Rocket Dagger and the Zyusouken?

http://www.supersentai.com/database/199 ... en-big.jpg

There's a reference pic (couldn't find a good one of the RD, but the similarties are there).
I've been thinking about that, actually, they're quite similar.
danger boy
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by danger boy »

So... what exactly was corrected with the font problem? I downloaded the second version, thinking that the change would possibly be the wording for 'cuum', but it remained the same. I had 3 friends watch this episode, some of them very religious and not the dirty type, and they all went, "Whoah..."

Couldn't it have been 'kyum"? It wouldn't have bothered me so much but I just figured that this would have been taken into consideration when making the effort to do a 2nd version.

Hmm...
GaoGreen
Adventure

Post by GaoGreen »

In version one, some of the symbols used in the fonts were messed up, like Go-on Red's "1" and the Go-onger "G" symbol.
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

danger boy wrote:I downloaded the second version, thinking that the change would possibly be the wording for 'cuum', but it remained the same. I had 3 friends watch this episode, some of them very religious and not the dirty type, and they all went, "Whoah..."
Couldn't it have been 'kyum"? It wouldn't have bothered me so much but I just figured that this would have been taken into consideration when making the effort to do a 2nd version.
It's not called a vakyum. "Cuum" is just one of those things that looks bad in print, but it's correct, so live with it.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>thinking that the change would possibly be the wording for 'cuum', but it remained the same. I had 3 friends watch this episode, some of them very religious and not the dirty type, and they all went, "Whoah..."

Well, if one has stringent moral beliefs, it really shouldn't be surprising if they're more easily offended than others. This is not a world problem so much as it is an individual one

>Couldn't it have been 'kyum"?

No, that's not how va(cuum) is spelled

>It wouldn't have bothered me so much but I just figured that this would have been taken into consideration when making the effort to do a 2nd version.

I don't understand your assumption that this was wrong to begin with?

Also, we fixed Toripter's spelling while we were at it.

Edit: Ninja'd by drago
danger boy
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by danger boy »

Drago11 wrote: It's not called a vakyum. "Cuum" is just one of those things that looks bad in print, but it's correct, so live with it.
バキューム

I meant the japanese spelling, obviously, and I agree that the english spelling does look bad in print (that's the point). You should google the word 'cuum' and see what pops up. haha.

I am not trying to start some kind of argument or something, I appreciate the subbing. It's a minor critique.

That's all.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

danger boy wrote:I agree that the english spelling does look bad in print (that's the point).
Only for people with wicked minds!
Saka Yuura
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kuuga
Dreamy: Kanbe Miyuki...RIP
Favorite Actor?: None...really
Favorite Band: None
My boom: Decade

Post by Saka Yuura »

takenoko wrote:Only for people with wicked minds!
Isn't that about 7/8 of the Population? XD
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

^ Well that should be all of us then XP
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Ravnwyng
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Favorite Band: B2ST
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: RayWilliamJohnson
Quote: If no one tries to make the world fair, then it never will be, now will it?

Post by Ravnwyng »

Bad wicked minded humans!
~Ravn
johnnytalker
Adventure
Favorite series: Super Sentai Series

Post by johnnytalker »

Honestly, didn't ever think "cuum" could have such negative commotion when I was watching the episode. I did read it as (va)cuum, like how the monster says it.

Should they have opted to use kyum, then they should have gone for kyoom. But I say cuum is the best choice, putting the apostrophe in 'cuum would have produced the same "negativity."

Good job, TV-N! And thanks for the Version 2! :)
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

johnnytalker wrote:Honestly, didn't ever think "cuum" could have such negative commotion when I was watching the episode. I did read it as (va)cuum, like how the monster says it.
You're lucky, I sure didn't. I mean, when I saw it I was just thinking "did they sub it like that on purpose?" Until I realized "vacuum."

But enough of dirty minded things. Today's episode was good. I like the new finisher (has there ever been a mech that used a bow-and-arrow as a finisher?) and the new opening. Although the ending leaves a bit to be desired. I guess that it seems harder to memorize in my opinion. But I digress. Oh and yes, the Go-On rock is the greatest civilian attack than the Sentai civilian rider kick.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

takenoko wrote:
Saejima Kouga wrote:I can't suck cuum!
See, all you guys have dirty minds! XD

Every single member on the team said "no, you can't have these lines, they're dirty." But so far no one's made a single joke about them XD
Are you still saying that now?
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Raida|23
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite series: too much to list

Post by Raida|23 »

It would be an awesome new sig.
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

I cant believe anyone is taking 'cuum' as dirty, and even to the point that it should be changed. Obviously, as many people have pointed out 'cuum' is because he is a vacuum. It's not like he even has any cum (omg he said it!!1) resembling attacks.

Anyways enough of that, because Go-On Gold's voice should be appreciated. :P
It's awesome. Most things sound more cool in Japanese anyway I think, but some people take that into overdrive (Zaruba from GARO a prime example.). I love the way he says in his laid-back way "Change soul, set. Lets.. go on. Rocket Dagger.." and so on, I really noticed that this episode. Very childish fan-love but brilliant nonetheless.

One thing i was going to ask, what is with all the spoken sound-effects in sentai recently (It may be an ongoing tradition that I dont know about but to me it seems to be recent.)? Jan from Gekiranger always described emotions in sounds, the engines all speak with their own sound (which i can understand more, being from the machine world) and the ministers all seem to have to add a made up word at the end of each phrase (be it ojaru, zoyo etc).
Does it appeal to kids? Does it relate to how they interact with the world and build language or something?
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.

Return to “Engine Sentai Go-Onger”