< GekiRanger | Go-Onger | Shinkenger >
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Go-Onger 23 released

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Here we go Mega! We'll get you Mega!
Runba wrote:Saejima Kouga post ruined it for me *cries*
In my defense, it was the 5th post of the thread, and this is about discussion of the episode... so...
Now get in the kitchen and fix me some pie! (>_<)
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

Great Episode!

-Hirke finally get his calculating ass killed.
-The Wing's Continue to see that the 'Onger's are not all that bad.
-I LoL as Sosukes reaction "AN ENGLISH BOOK!!!!!!!!!!", Hiroto add to the list of the few sentai members who know the Britannia Tongue.
-Yogostein is likely very pissed now, i expect him to go out for revenge soon.
-Salt on Fruit, WTF? (though after reading here, it makes some sense)
-The ending, called "Engine Eco Lap -Recycle Custom-" is likely the ending to the movie, But it is sung by the Go-On kids with Project.R on Backing Vocals.[/quote]
Shado Kabuto
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz Kabuto Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O Deka Magi Bou

Post by Shado Kabuto »

Let our powers combine........

Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Heart! When our five powers combine..... Captain Planet!!!!!!
I walk the path of HEAVENS
Thanks Guile for the Kabuto Avy's and Signatures
thanks bauffie for the sig.
Skyden

Post by Skyden »

Well, GO Onger Entered a Recycle Run.......oh well...

And Takenoko, About The Captain Planet, Well, In My City, that eco-Moron(Yes, He is a Moron, someone who Wears the Clothes he Does, either got a lot of Guts, or is a Moron, In his Case, I vote the Second), had His Cartoon on Globo, For around 7 Years, then a Break, then 2 More Years..(Yeah, Globo doesnt have much Imagination for getting new stuff)
Once a person asked me, If I believe in Destiny, my answer was simple
ME: Yeah, I do.
PERSON: So What's Your Destiny?
ME: Dont Know, I havent Written It Yet.
monritche
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: KS7, Ultraman, KR
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto
Favorite Band: Orange Range
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: mouse-clicking

Post by monritche »

loops at 24:20. :P
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Poor Yogostein, he really like Hiramekimedes. He must have been sadden why Hiramekimedes abandon his principals to become random but it wasn't enough in the end. I'm waiting for the next vice-minister to come around.
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by lostinbrave »

I really think this was a good episode, though kind of awkward, but I guess it is japanese so they are trying to teach the children to show emotions and to teach abstract consepts that a lot of japanese have problems with (At least from what I understand).
ImageImage
gekiwaza
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Keitai Sousakan 7
Dreamy: The KS7 female cast
My boom: mic

Post by gekiwaza »

It's a good thing that Yogostein made Hiramekimedes his Vice-Minister, or we wouldn't be seeing Yogostein in the opening.

I think my cousin used to put salt on his watermelon I'm not sure if he still does, but besides him he's the only person I know that does it.

We're the Planeteers you can be one too, because saving our planet is the thing to do. Looting and Polluting is not the way. Hear what Captain Planet has to say! Captain Planet: THE POWER IS YOURS!

I can't believe I remember that.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I have to say that it was kind of refreshing to see that Hiramekimedes was genuinely loyal to Yogostein and that Yogostein in turn had a mutual respect for him. It's not the stereotypical "the smart underling ambitiously plots to overrule the dumb leader, or the dumb leader mistreats his followers and deserves to be overthrown"
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

And here I was coming in here going to post the Captain Planet lyrics and I see I've been beaten to it. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. XD

Second, the salt on watermelon thing is definitely not Japanese. My mom puts salt on her watermelon, and she's from North Carolina. And there's not a drop of Asian blood in us. XD

Overall really good episode. I was kinda hoping it'd be a two-parter though. I'm also a sucker for dual-wielding, even though Sousuke didn't really dual-wield in this episode. Either way it was still a really awesome finisher.
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

American Cartoon makers could learn a thing or to from this Episode.

You can mix Great Action with a good story and mix in important life lessons beyond the standard crap kids get blasted at them ad-nasuim every day.

Id rater have a kid watch an epsiode of The Sentai with action that teaches them about ecology and how emotions are good, than some kids show with Zainy Antics that teaches you that lying is bad.
KRendBlade
Kamen Knight

Post by KRendBlade »

Arigomi wrote: -I like how the writers snuck in a "don't do drugs" message into the episode.
I was a bit surprised by that; I never thought of Bikkiurium as a drug. All this time I thought it was a type of fuel or something. It kinda reminds me of a superhero who jammed a syringe into his arm to get bigger.

So even after OD-ing on Bikkiurium, Hiramekimedes couldn't beat them. He sacrificed so much, and all it did was strengthen the bonds between the Go-Ongers and the Go-On Wings. Even after all the trouble he's caused, I can't help but feel a little bad for him.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Ugh, I don't like watermelon. It tastes awful.
And also, I was told that Japan's watermelon tastes different than America's. Japan's was supposed to have more sweetness taste to it. I read that in one of magazine a while ago.

People usually put salt on cantaloupes, right? I know I do. So that's one melon we usually (or at least I) put some salt on in America. :P

Now we know why Hira tried to overtake the Earth pollution branch. He's doing it for honor along other reasons. I like him even more when we found out the reasons.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

-Draws back!-
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Good episode really enjoyed it seeing Yogostein and Hiramechimedes being very loyal to each other you rarely see that villains it's nice the the writer put that in, lord knows they could certainly use some of that writing over here in America. Hiramechimedes new form was cool looking interesting that he came up with going "completely random" to defeat the team but in the end it was randomness that beat him, I sure hope this wasn't the last we see of Hiramechimedes he was a great edition to the show be shame to get rid of him so quickly.

Great another song that teaches us about recycling and protecting the Earth is drowned into you, i'm getting sick and tried of everyone now jumping on the "Global Warming/Protect the Earth" bandwagon like it's the new "IN" thing to do, yes I know we need to Recycle and other stuff I've been doing it since I first learned about it I don't need it beaten in to my head over and over again cause just now people are realizing something they should've been doing from the very start. Hopefully this is the only time they use this song.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

Return to “Engine Sentai Go-Onger”