Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Go-Onger 25 released

Post by takenoko »

What's this, the start of a major plotline?
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Go-Onger 25 released

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Yay Go-On Wings aren't super powerful anymore!

I was so happy when Gunpei punched Hiroto.

And poor Ren. Worshiping a "Diety" that does absolutely nothing for him except eat garbage and bad food. Hm. He should've took it around with him so it could eat up all the world's garbage.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Dude, don't do that here.

I was hoping that Uzumaquixote would survive more than one episode. At first, I was wondering why Kegareshia didn't like the Arerunbra family but was friendly towards Uzumaquixote. Then when the prince's name was mentioned, now I get why she doesn't like them. Let's hope that the Areunbra family fight against the ministers.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I was reading the summary for Don Quijote and found out he like dies kind of tragically at the end. Did not know that
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Every moment of this episode was great. There was the right balance of comedy, action and drama.
Spoiler
1. Sousuke looks a like a beach thug at 0:40.

2.Hanto brought an inflatable orca to the beach. :D

3.Hanto's big straw hat is so mesmerizing, I couldn't stop looking at it.

4.Gunpei's dance reminds me of Westside Story.

5.Took me a while to notice that Sousuke, Saki, Hanto, and Gunpei wore necklaces with the Go-Onger symbol. I want one now.

6. It's too bad we didn't get to see Ren's dad. It was mentioned in episode 13 how his dad initially disapproved his decision to become a mechanic instead of taking over the family restaurant/inn. I really wanted to see the father/son interaction.

7. Gunpei "interrogating" the friendly innkeeper with the Japanese cop cliche of a katsudon bribe was inspired. It makes me wonder why he stopped being a detective.

8. Kegareshia is a princess? I suspect she is either a member of the Arerunbra family or was engaged to marry one of them.

9. I can't believe I got used to the idea that the Mantan guns look like gas pump nozzles.

10. Ren making the demon horns while scolding Hiroto and Gunpei was so funny.

11. Uzumaquixote being hit by Toriptor's propeller like a windmill was a cool reference to Don Quixote.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

2.Hanto brought an inflatable orca to the beach. :D
3.Hanto's big straw hat is so mesmerizing, I couldn't stop looking at it.

I did not notice any of these things

4.Gunpei's dance reminds me of Westside Story.

7. Gunpei "interrogating" the friendly innkeeper with the Japanese cop cliche of a katsudon bribe was inspired. It makes me wonder why he stopped being a detective.

Thought offering candy to kids was a good idea

9. I can't believe I got used to the idea that the Mantan guns look like gas pump nozzles.

That was kind of a mini shock to me too. It was like "oh right, they're based on gas nozzles. It makes sense that they can be used to recharge things"

10. Ren making the demon horns while scolding Hiroto and Gunpei was so funny.

You, sir, have been cuckolded

11. Uzumaquixote being hit by Toriptor's propeller like a windmill was a cool reference to Don Quixote.

That's not a windmill, that's a giant!

Also, I feel self-pleased with my photoshop for this week's release pic
Ike
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Live your life like you only have one day to live,
but plan your life like you have 1000 years to live.

Post by Ike »

Yay ^o^
I believe that the picture on the front page is a reference to Zyuranger When Geki Got the armor and the dragon dagger of the dragon Ranger

Just like in Power ranger Mighty Morphing :roll:
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

I don't get "su" thing, but whatever. Since when was Renn talking differently? That was confusing.

I love the Hiroto and Gunpei's fighting scene. It's just so badass. Bring out blood from both of them. I never expected them to fight, sure Sousuke and Hiroto, but Gunpei? Wow.

I was a bit lost in how fast this ep was moving. I felt like I was missing a big gap between this ep and ep 24 or something.

I am not sure what's the point of this Knight having a clean spot? I mean, what's the point of mentioning it if he is still gonna be a bad guy and dies at the end?

Also, I wonder how popular Renn is in Japan especially with little boys because of his role as a "mother" to those Go-Ongers. I just think it's so cute, but then again I am a girl so I might look at this differently than those young boys do. I guess I do think it's good to break stereotype from time to time.

It's really cute to watch them acting as foster family.

"Mother, eh?" XD
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Silentwolfdog wrote:I don't get "su" thing, but whatever. Since when was Renn talking differently? That was confusing.
Kouga made a suggestion during QC to note all the lines where Ren adds a -su at the end. Every time Ren speaks, he ends a -su sound whenever he can. In this episode he stops for a bit, which Gunpei notices. Then he starts again, which Gunpei notices?
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself

Post by Tuss4 »

Runba wrote:could I get a gif of Gun-san dancing in the beginning of this ep xD I love him!!!

Also

I fully support REN X GUNPEI

:) sexiest pair ever!!!

Gunpei: You'll always be mother that way
Ren: Yeah...
*Gunpei pushes Ren against the stone wall*
Gunpei: I love you mom
*Then Gunpei kisses Ren on the lips and bom chika wah wah*

*creams self*
Dude, no. That's just f***** up.

Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

Great Episode!

I smell the start of a Arc.

And i did notice Kegarisha was referred to as a Princess, my guess is, based on her reactor to the Aunbra (Sp?) name, she has some history with them. I'm guess she was in some Arranged Marriage with one of them that she really did'nt want to do.....

Poor Ren, his mom died and his Dad sounds like an Asshole.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.

Post by Saejima Kouga »

takenoko wrote:
Silentwolfdog wrote:I don't get "su" thing, but whatever. Since when was Renn talking differently? That was confusing.
Kouga made a suggestion during QC to note all the lines where Ren adds a -su at the end. Every time Ren speaks, he ends a -su sound whenever he can. In this episode he stops for a bit, which Gunpei notices. Then he starts again, which Gunpei notices?
I haven't seen it yet, but did we -su his lines this episode? Or was it just when people were like "Oh you did (or didn't) -su" ??

Anywho for this ep I thought it'd be a good idea to do it, however I didn't wanna do it in EVERY episode because it'd be way too hard to catch. The Ministers' particles I don't mind, because those are pretty easy, and I've gotten to the point that I seriously check every line they say to see if zoyo, nari, or some form of oja has been used. Doing it with Ren would be annoying and more difficult because a lot of words contain "su" in them.

And I've meant to ask, because I wasn't sure. Is "su" sort of childish or is it "mom"-ish?
Bauffie
Save the life
Dreamy: Nakatsu Shuichi
Favorite Actor?: Matsuyama Kenichi
Favorite Band: Gazette
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hayami's trendy hat

Post by Bauffie »

Being a mother is what I want to do. Wow... serious mother complex. And I thought Tetsu was bad. Ren totally wanted to become one. I think he succeeded... Hiroto just listened to him like a good boy(?!). Miu's ani complex didn't kick in when Gunpei and Hiroto had a brother role play? That was surprising. xD

Oh well, Ren looks mighty cool at 5:42. :0 The finisher was a hella badass too. <3

Saki... She's okay with Gunpei wearing a speedo but she can't even look at Sousuke wearing trunks? Hm...

Go-onger go on vacation while mine is ending. >__> MEH. Neways, for some ORCA fun:
Spoiler
Image Sousuke killing Hanto with the orca.
ImageSousuke wants the orca for himself.
It even has cute eyes. Ahh...

And LOL, the image on the front page was an edit... XD I didn't click the thumbnail until Take said it was an edit, so I never realized. I finished the ep and I thought "...I don't remember Sousuke getting a power up." I was deceived... again.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Well, it doesn't hurt to add "su" in from time to time so we can get some idea.

When can su be used? What is su in the first place? Can we get some examples? How does that work in English though? Any thing we can compare it from?

Anyhow, is it just me or Renn is going to have a back problem because Hanto kept jumping into him? XD
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Silentwolfdog wrote:Well, it doesn't hurt to add "su" in from time to time so we can get some idea.
I like it all or nothing. But since this ep pointed it out, an exception was made. (That and I'd never really thought about it before. XD)
Silentwolfdog wrote: When can su be used? What is su in the first place? Can we get some examples? How does that work in English though? Any thing we can compare it from?
Takenoko? XD
Silentwolfdog wrote: Anyhow, is it just me or Renn is going to have a back problem because Hanto kept jumping into him? XD

Hmm... surely he's young and strong enough to endure!

Return to “Engine Sentai Go-Onger”