Women are evil!
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Re: Go-Onger 34 released

Post by Deka_Hero »

Were?
its not on the Tracker or the front page.
Aoiblue
Everything is drama!
Favorite series: Trick
Dreamy: Haga Yuria
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gransazer

Post by Aoiblue »

well, it works for me! XP
two things:
1. Saki's sister is a bitch, i hate those type of ppl who are mean to their family members.
2. Heater Banki is officialy my favorite bankijyu.
Chabii-
Mega
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Tenimyu

Post by Chabii- »

I lol'd at Hiroto getting burned. And what's more, him getting owned by a girl nearly a decade younger than him.

Sanae was just mean. Personally, I'd lock her up in a coffin if I wanted to. But it was nice seeing the two sisters talk like gangsters inside the van.

How will they get Taadiisu Ginjiro back?
Hen... shin... TOH!
puddington

Post by puddington »

This episode actually really bugged me. I don't know if it's part of some Japanese comedy convention, or what, but the fact that Sanae received no comeuppance whatsoever, either by being arrested for fencing a stolen vehicle or in the form of being confronted by an extremely angry sister in a giant robot, or whatever, really rubs me the wrong way.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I don't know, I thought it was kind of satisfying. No Hollywood ending, just a "life isn't fair" and "people don't change" life lesson XD

Also women turn men into zombies
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

- "We will use steadier methods to conquer the Human World" > You mean those that always fail? Yeah, steady methods of failure.
- Raising the global temperture... The Bankis really did their homework.
- Kiva doing "just correct" was... weird...
- Hiroto getting pulled off by Miu was kinda funny.
- Hanti??! What a weird nickname!
- LOL @ at 3 ancient Engines!
- LOL @ the three guys jumping outside the van! (around 8.26)
- Saki's disguise... I'm sure you can never spot a person wearing a pink veil!
- LOL @ Hiroto getting burned!
- "Sexual Harassment Suit?!" > HAHAHAAHAH! I bet someone complained the mammoth nose looks like a giant wang! HAHAHAH!
- My gosh, Saki's sister is sucha slut. She really ought to get spanked!
- Horonderthal really lives up to the name of a Neanderthal. I mean it looks like one!
- Heater Banki is a real funny guy! BBQ pit, hair dryer!

Spoiler
Oh my gosh... G12... That's like the highest number of mecha in a single combination! I thought Boukenger's 10-in-1 Ultimate DaiBouken was crazy enough...
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

I kinda hated this ep, saki's sister just annoyed me, everyones reaction annoyed me, even the ending was predicatable,

and who the hell gives the keys to your winabago to such an evil person that is intent on causing harm,

Miu controlling Hiroto still makes me chuckle
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
RSR Andros

Post by RSR Andros »

What is with Sousuke and his facial expressions? The way he looks when being scared got me ROFL but this....

Deka_Hero
Humongous

Post by Deka_Hero »

Damn, Saki's sister is a Bitch.
It must have been hell growing up with her, but Saki turned out great anyway.

And the guys becoming zombies over her was LoL, even the Simple minds of the Dino-Engins know a hot chick when they see one.

I did not get the "Sexual Harassment suit" part.

I like that this had a Non-Formulaic ending, and the fact Saki dropped both Hiroto and Miu with a blow to the gut to the same time XD.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Lol Andros I was wondering if anyone else would catch that part.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

This episode kinda made me question Saki's intelligence.
She grew up with her sister, yet she still couldn't tell she was putting up an act?

yeah...

Also the Dino engines and Horonderthal origins just makes me draw more parrelels between this series and Transformers. (those who read the marvel/DW/IDW comics will know what I mean.)
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
Deka_Hero
Humongous

Post by Deka_Hero »

Silent_X wrote:This episode kinda made me question Saki's intelligence.
She grew up with her sister, yet she still couldn't tell she was putting up an act?

yeah...

Also the Dino engines and Horonderthal origins just makes me draw more parrelels between this series and Transformers. (those who read the marvel/DW/IDW comics will know what I mean.)
So the Dino-Engine's are Primus, and Horonderthal is Unicron?
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

puddington wrote:This episode actually really bugged me. I don't know if it's part of some Japanese comedy convention, or what, but the fact that Sanae received no comeuppance whatsoever, either by being arrested for fencing a stolen vehicle or in the form of being confronted by an extremely angry sister in a giant robot, or whatever, really rubs me the wrong way.
Unfortunately, it is an iconic Japanese sensibility. Those of us who have grown up in western society (like me) have a really hard time accepting it. This type of comedy is based around a core Japanese cultural concept of gaman which can be translated as "show your spirit by enduring without complaint". It means that by working hard without challenging the status quo, you will gain results and respect. Gaman is a major frustration for westerners living in Japan.

Japanese game shows are one example of gaman. These shows are a weird mix of laughing at and laughing with the contestants who displaying gaman. It is like the German concept of schadenfreude except the viewers don't feel guilty for enjoying the misfortune of another. By suffering the huge embarassment of the ridiculous games, the contestants also garner the admiration from the audience for their determination.

You can also see gaman in the 1997 drama Seigi no Mikata. The drama was so popular that it was revived in a 2008 remake. The plot boils down to a devilish older sister tormenting her younger sister. Despite this abuse, the older sister's actions somehow result in good fortune for others. This results in people mistakenly labeling the older sister as an ally of justice. I watched the 2008 remake and was severely disappointed to find that none of the characters changed. The older sister was still a bully who never got her comeuppance while the younger sister was still a doormat. This episode of Go-Ongers was probably inspired by the 2008 remake.
samelf
7X

Post by samelf »

Am i the only one who keeps expecting the taros to pop and and say whoops wrong train (granted i know it will never happen)

On another note this episode was pretty good i assume the guy that pop up out of the ground is the main baddy if hes just a motw ill be let down they built up to him a lot just to be killed off in one episode.

Return to “Engine Sentai Go-Onger”