Theory on why they drive around in that mobile home...

Vroom vroom vroom
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< GekiRanger | Go-Onger | Shinkenger >
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Re: Theory on why they drive around in that mobile home...

Post by Kogashi »

The TARDIS has been a fair bit more mobile (aside from flying through time and space) since the series started running again a few years ago, however I would argue that Ginijiro is reasonably sized on both the inside and the out, as appose to a whole unexplored 3-5 floor (including basement and attic) , multi-roomed house stuffed inside a Police Box (Phone Booth).
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by lostinbrave »

Kogashi wrote:The TARDIS has been a fair bit more mobile (aside from flying through time and space) since the series started running again a few years ago, however I would argue that Ginijiro is reasonably sized on both the inside and the out, as appose to a whole unexplored 3-5 floor (including basement and attic) , multi-roomed house stuffed inside a Police Box (Phone Booth).
Umm the TARDIS has a lot more floors than that
Despite a widespread assumption that the interior of the TARDIS is infinite, there are indications that it is not. In Full Circle (1980), Romana stated that the weight of the TARDIS in Alzarius' Earth-like gravity was 5 × 106 kilograms (5000 tonnes). This presumably refers to its internal weight, as the external part of the TARDIS is light enough for it to be lifted or otherwise moved with relative ease (although most real police boxes were concrete and hence quite difficult to move): several men lift it up in Marco Polo, a group of small blue maintenance workers on Platform One push it along the ground in "The End of the World", and a quartet of Weeping Angels are able to rock it back and forth in "Blink", to name a few. If the exterior of the TARDIS is moved, the movement is transmitted to its interior.

In the tie-in novels, the interior of the TARDIS has been known to contain an entire city (Cat's Cradle: Time's Crucible), used to encompass an entire parallel Earth (Blood Heat), and is big enough to dwarf Gallifrey itself when turned inside out (The Ancestor Cell). It is also seen to exist in multiple timelines.
The bolded parts are more important.
ImageImage
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Well proves how much Doctor Who I really need to catch up on ^^;

But yea I think that kind of seals the deal on the Go-Onger's mobile home not being a TARDIS.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
kensha

Post by kensha »

I rather want entire damage in mine city then that mine people getting enslaved and entire town destroyed and never get a change to rebuild up.
touma_karamochi
Gao
Favorite series: KR W, BouKenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR Den-O, Go-Onger
Dreamy: Eiji, Gunpei
Favorite Actor?: Deai Masayuki ^_^
Favorite Band: eroica, more
My boom: Phillip, Genta

Post by touma_karamochi »

Maybe it's its own Brane World? ^_^ A mini-pocket dimension or something... You never know with Renn's and Bumper's fiddling around with stuff. 8)
Thanks to ShinmeiSuzaku :)
AliasofWestgate
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kuuga, Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto,MagiRanger
Dreamy: Ichijou, Joe Gibken
Favorite Actor?: Hirata Hiroaki
Favorite Band: Doa,Spitz, Hybrid
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Tiger & Bunny

Post by AliasofWestgate »

touma_karamochi wrote:Maybe it's its own Brane World? ^_^ A mini-pocket dimension or something... You never know with Renn's and Bumper's fiddling around with stuff. 8)

As long as they don't end up in the Dungeon Dimensions. :P The last thing Ridcully wants to do is stuff all those uninvited guests back down there. :wink:
jaymanney4life
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Den-O
Dreamy: Captain Marvelous
Favorite Actor?: Johnny Depp
Favorite Band: Metallica
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Yu-Gi-Oh!
Quote: Let's make this showy!

Post by jaymanney4life »

I always had this theory about super sentai/power rangers and the whole 'rebuilding after a monster and mecha battle' thing. The government took out a massive insurance policy/trust fund for such occasions, allowing them to be able to cover the costs and such from all of the collateral damage. Hence why people always treat things as business as usual and don't get upset with the heroes for doing as much property damage as the bad guys themselves.

Also, as far as the RV goes, I though the whole mass dispersion thing was a given? I mean, it's no different than how in certain animes, like say with Tenchi Muyo they're able to use pocket dimensions and such to put entire laboratories and crap inside of a closet or a huuuuuuuge elaborate hotspring style bathing area inside of a small house's bathroom. Like they said, it's the whole suspension of belief thing. =3

At any rate, getting back to the original topic before I get fussed at for necroposting, the real reason why they keep traveling around in the RV? They're the Mystery Inc. of super sentai teams, and Bumper is their Scooby Doo! XD
marthaba
Salami Commander
Favorite series: kamen rider
Dreamy: wakana, yuriko, yumi
Favorite Band: High&MightyColor
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: 400cc yamaha virago

Post by marthaba »

jaymanney4life wrote:At any rate, getting back to the original topic before I get fussed at for necroposting..
same goes for you too...and also me :mrgreen:
HUH?!?

Return to “Engine Sentai Go-Onger”