< GekiRanger | Go-Onger | Shinkenger >
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Go-Onger 36 released

Post by PHurricane »

I thought this episode was fantastic. I've enjoyed the lighthearted nature of Go-onger, but it was amazing to see this cast switch gears and work with more dramatic material. It definitely had a last episode feel to it between the out-of-suit fighting sequence, the "keep fighting even though we may die" mentality, and the demise of Yogostein. I'm taking it as a sign of good things to come - that this cast can pull off the drama just as well as the humor - rather than the writers using up their best material prematurely.

Favorite moments:
-"We are just...the Go-ongers!" I loved the whole speech from 9:35-9:47, but Ren's line was wonderfully powerful with the way his catchphrase was pulled in. Actually, Ren's actor did a fabulous job in the whole episode. Papa Ren really took charge.
-The march into battle, in spite of the choice of weaponry...or maybe because of it? I haven't quite made up my mind. The way the Wings join the march was a nice touch to show how the teams have evolved and set aside their differences.
-The little references to Sousuke scattered throughout the episode, particularly the Mach Zenkai after the group roll call and the way Ren and Saki jointly prepared his blaster for the Grand Prix attack.
-Not unique to this episode, but I love the way the music ramps up for the Last Corner attack.
-New ending sequence = win. Hiroto cracks me up. In addition to the screenshot posted above, the Sousuke-Hiroto-Ren sandwich at 23:27 and the way he turns his back on the audience at the end of the dance as his final pose are just great little moments.

Sousuke's hair definitely needs to be softened. It's so pointy now, I wouldn't be surprised if the reason he defeated Yogostein was from the double sharpness of his sword and hair after his helmet popped off.

Although I loved the episode, it bothered me that everyone was so broken up about Sousuke being dead even up to the end of the episode. Considering half the city had been hit by Yogostein's attacks and they weren't worried about any of them being dead, I thought it was painfully obvious that Sousuke was only in a coma/stasis. I guess the writers felt it would minimize the dramatic impact by making that distinction.
Shado Kabuto
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz Kabuto Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O Deka Magi Bou

Post by Shado Kabuto »

Ren was pissed off the most of the team because well Hiroto noticed first something was wrong Sousuke but Ren was actually shocked and Miu actually show some real emotion and she liked Sousuke so much that it affected her the most.

Hiroto:Image

look disturbing that look
I walk the path of HEAVENS
Thanks Guile for the Kabuto Avy's and Signatures
thanks bauffie for the sig.
Bauffie
Save the life
Dreamy: Nakatsu Shuichi
Favorite Actor?: Matsuyama Kenichi
Favorite Band: Gazette
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hayami's trendy hat

Post by Bauffie »

Obviously, they didn't try the the Snow White treatment.

Just because this episode was exceptionally awesome, I'll forgive the very cliché Red-is-dead-and-we-can't-do-anything-without-him-even-though-nobody-ever-really-dies-anyways plot.

Ren stood out so much in this episode. He made his roll call so powerful... and well, in this whole episode, he really sounded more powerful and distinctive. I think that the comeback scene was supposed to be dramatic, but Ren's ladle made me laugh so much. oo;; (Go-onger humor never dies?) His badass points just raised considerably when he caught the polearm. He's also the one who got to use double weapons for Sousuke's sake. Oh, Ren, you amazing sexy papa.
PHurricane wrote:the Sousuke-Hiroto-Ren sandwich at 23:27
Yes please! Oh my fangirl blood...

Another thing that I loved was Yogostein's development. He became/degraded like this all because it started with Hiramekimedes. His life was like a rollercoaster since his beloved subordinate died. It was just really sad that he pushed his two best friends aside, but madness makes you lose control of yourself. His death reminded me so much of the time when the Gaiarc Prince of something who liked beautiful things died. It was... kind of sad.

Dancing mechas. Yes please!!
dkmagby88
Adventure
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Jetman
Dreamy: Asami Tatsuya
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Competitive Pokemon

Post by dkmagby88 »

Don't forget GunpeixHanto in that ending.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Oh yeah, am I getting forgetful or was this the first time Go-on Wings actually called themselves Go-Ongers, and even did the normal roundhouse kick pose.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

Kogashi wrote:Oh yeah, am I getting forgetful or was this the first time Go-on Wings actually called themselves Go-Ongers, and even did the normal roundhouse kick pose.
Yeah.
The loss of a Comrade effected even Mr. Cool (Hiroto) Himself.
Thought i though Miu might have been a little more emotional over Souske's demise. (ok she did cry once, but i pegged her to do it far more than she did, the guy she secretly loves just died after all).
wingform84
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Decade
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz or KR Den-O
Dreamy: Queen (Saki Kagami)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Model Kits

Post by wingform84 »

personally, I like G12. It is bulky, and it is hard to move but the finisher just makes it pure win. I never liked the G9 finisher, too jumbled. The only other time I remember a mecha being that much larger than the enemy was OhRanger with the pyramid standing up :lol:
Spoiler
I think we all knew Souske wasn't really dead. Has anyone ever died and stayed dead in a Sentai team? The only one I remember seeing where they THOUGHT someone was dead for a long time was Magiranger

It was a good episode, but there really was too much padding with them being sad/mad and crying over him.. I kinda wish he would've stayed dead. Not because I don't like him, but just to see how it changed everyone.
BadMagic
Infinity
Favorite series: KR Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Intesnsity/Epicness

Post by BadMagic »

Truly the best episode of Go-Onger yet, in my opinion.
I bet there are thousands of kids running around the streets of Japan fighting with
ladles and pots and pans.
Catch The Wave
mecha94
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Rescue Force
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Dreamy: R3

Post by mecha94 »

This episode was amazing. Everything from action, to drama. Personaly i think if they had combined the last 3 or 4 episodes this would have made one hell of a Go-Onger movie. But personally i hope they can come out with a few more episodes like this before the finale.

I thought the whole G-9 gattai was a a bit much myself, but wow did they ever go all out with G-12. Sooner or later, if they keep combining all these engines it's gonna tip over right after they combine. Then they're screwed! But im guessing this means that the bad guys are gonna get bigger too. Let's see what happens.
Avatar deleted because it's a suspected hot link
Kurenai Wataru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Onger
Dreamy: Mio Suzuki
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang

Post by Kurenai Wataru »

THIS Ep WAS SO GOD DAM AWESOME
THE BEST ONE YET
This whole ep was all about ACTION
from Go-onger getting their @$$ kicked by Yogo and then got their Change Souls stolen by him
to
Go-Ongers Fighting without their Suits and inisde their engine without a suit
and best of all
Sosuke RETURNS and KICK THAT
BI_CH'S @$$
Kamen Ride : Decade
Climax Form Completed
gekiwaza
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Keitai Sousakan 7
Dreamy: The KS7 female cast
My boom: mic

Post by gekiwaza »

Holy crap, this was an awesome episode, in fact my favorite one yet.
The scene where all the Go-ongers were walking side by side to fight Yogostein was just so awesome.
Loved the Saki-Miu combos.
At first I was really ticked when I saw Yogostein pick up the winder I literally went "He's not dead!" Then Bomper said Souske was missing, realized what the writers did. I was really happy it was Souske that got to do the final finisher.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

gekiwaza wrote:I was really happy it was Sousuke that got to do the final finisher.
Me too.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

For a suitless episode, Boukenger's suitless fight was better. These last two episodes have been rather grim especially with the fast turnaround that the Gairak managed to outclass the Go-Ongers. Now does this episode beat out the epic Rescue Force 25? I'm still undecided about that.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Eh? It's not a competition :p
Chabii-
Mega
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Tenimyu

Post by Chabii- »

Random, but I just saw the ad that front page picture was from. A new ad from Axe? That was helluva random. xD I'm gonna end this month laughing like hell.
Hen... shin... TOH!

Return to “Engine Sentai Go-Onger”