A Second Go-Onger Movie?

Vroom vroom vroom
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< GekiRanger | Go-Onger | Shinkenger >
sjneow

Re: A Second Go-Onger Movie?

Post by sjneow »

I am 21 and I don't think Go-Onger sucks, basically we need to keep an open mind and remind ourselves that some stupid adult that enjoys similar slapstick comedy like Go-onger from other shows at the same time laugh at Go-Onger being "childish" just because it is pull of men in plastic suit, those are true hypocrites.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Go-onger doesn't suck, it's just not as good as some other Sentai series, like Geki or Time.
monritche
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: KS7, Ultraman, KR
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto
Favorite Band: Orange Range
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: mouse-clicking

Post by monritche »

Yay! yay! yay!

What world would they end up in this time?
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

I'm Surprised as well.

Considering Consensus amough older fan's (Especially over at Rangerboard) is that Go-Onger is Garbage and that Gekiranger is "Light-Year's better with it's complex story arc's and character development compared to Go-Onger's Mindless slapstick and disconnected, cliched and predictable stories" (Their words not mine).

I find it funny, the older fan's love a series the kid's hated, since Gekiranger had the lowest rating's of a sentai series to date since OhRanger in 1994. And by what i hear, the toy sale's were non too good ether.
Seventeen
7X
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger

Post by Seventeen »

Chabii- wrote:...I feel a disturbance in the force. *glares at wherever the Imagins may be*

But seriously. I didn't think that Go-On would be THIS famous, seeing the older people kinda hate them. :/

Wow at front page pic. I want that poster as my wallpaper.
This older person (Who will be 24 tomorrow :P ) Loves Go-Onger, so I'm super happy about this, I wonder how long the movie will be this time, the Sentai movies clock in around 40 minutes right? I'd like to see if they do 1hr 10m or something, a proper length movie.
DaikaijuSokogeki!
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Favorite Actor?: Ken'ichi Matsuyama
Favorite Band: Orange Range
Alignment: Neutral

Post by DaikaijuSokogeki! »

*Opinion is obviously differing from others*

Ugh, why does the crappy sentai get two movies? Why not Gekiranger? Or Boukenger? Magiranger? Besides, it's not unprecedented that a sentai gets two movies. I believe Goranger and Changeman both had at least two movies. The big deal is that this is the first one in a while to get two.
Tenraisenpuujin
Adventure
Favorite series: Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Dreamy: Jasmine
Favorite Band: Belle&Sebastian
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Tenraisenpuujin »

You know what? I'm in my 30s and I think Go-Onger is FUN. It's sentai-as-parody in the same way Carranger was, and it totally succeeds. Plus, the kids are apparently eating it up, so if they want to make a second movie, more power to them.
"Newbie, if the next two words out of your mouth aren't 'Chrono Changer,' the third's going to be 'oh my god. my crotch. you've DV Refreezered me in my crotch."
Super Sentai Spirits
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sentai
Favorite Band: Too many to name
My boom: Kicking Ass

Post by Super Sentai Spirits »

Deka_Hero wrote: I find it funny, the older fan's love a series the kid's hated, since Gekiranger had the lowest rating's of a sentai series to date since OhRanger in 1994. And by what i hear, the toy sale's were non too good ether.
great analogy, so yeah go-onger is to carranger as geki is to ohranger. I think why the kids like this series is that the villains aren't really villains. just look they(villains) made fun of themselves in the singing ep.(forget the number). There may not be an underlying story like geki, but its fun to see a show that is not the norm. hell my 5 yr old brother who has no clue what they are seeing(and he doesn't read the subtitles) found this series(go-onger) a lot cooler then geki.
アニメ、特撮、ROCKの垣根を越えて活動中!サイキックラバーです。
After the second role call nothing can go wrong

Aoiblue
Everything is drama!
Favorite series: Trick
Dreamy: Haga Yuria
My boom: Gransazer

Post by Aoiblue »

I'm kinda hopeing we get some new Go-onger's. Or at least more Engines.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re:

Post by takenoko »

DaikaijuSokogeki! wrote:Besides, it's not unprecedented that a sentai gets two movies. I believe Goranger and Changeman both had at least two movies. The big deal is that this is the first one in a while to get two.
Yeah, she does say it's more rare than unprecedented. Bad choice of wording on my part
MythrilDragoon
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Mele
Favorite Actor?: Toshihiko Seki/Momo
Favorite Band: T.M.Revolution
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Capsule figurines

Post by MythrilDragoon »

Now i haven't had a chance to watch much of Go-Onger yet but what i have seen is worlds better then Geki and I'm 30!!...... man did i hate Geki! the villains were the only things that kept me watching.
"I'm Trained!"
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

I didn't really think about it at the time, but that's probably the same for me too. Jan is a bit too OTT with the child-like aspect (but his serious moments made up for that), Ran and Retsu were just boring, Gou was fun with his general attitude and "my god", and Ken was just hilarious and awesome, even if that hand-weapon was goofy as hell. What really set this season up was the awesome villains, from Rio to the Kenma to Long, all the characters and their designs were absolutely awesome.

Go-Onger's villains aren't really all that, but its such a different animal I don't think you can compare the two. They've made some room to go in different directions with this series, which has allowed for the musical episode, the dressing up, the samurai-themed movie and now this new one, to the point we have no idea what this second movie could be about. I like that, it's different, I certainly wouldnt want every season to be like that but its a nice breather between serious stories. It's a bit of fun! And great news we get even more of it.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

Bad news guys:
http://www.toei.co.jp/tv/goonger/story/ ... _1188.html

This "Second Movie" is Go-Onger Vs. Gekiranger, it's not a new movie, but to commemorate 15 year's of the Vs. Film's, it going to be released in theater's on Jan. 24th. The DVD will be out on March 29th.
Last edited by Deka_Hero on Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Huh... That's a bit disappointing. I really don't think that counts as a "new movie" since they do that every year
jonty
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by jonty »

Awww.... Dang.

Return to “Engine Sentai Go-Onger”