Don't you think the Go-On Wings' theme song is really good? I like it
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Go-Onger 48 released

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Miu ga..... Miu ga....... sou na!
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I love the Go-On Wings' theme! It always fit their battles so perfectly. Hearing it this time was bittersweet though. Thanks to that ridiculously spoilerish preview, it was pretty obvious that battle was going to be the Wings' last hurrah.

I also loved Sousuke's reference to Hiroto supposedly being a Gattai maniac. The writers must have re-watched the earlier episodes before writing this final arc, because there are a surprising number of references to past events.

Along the same lines, Kettei BanKiJyu was pretty cool.

Hiroto and Miu's hug at the end was very touching. They're probably my favorite characters, flaws and all, and they really shone in this episode.
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

Kettei reminded me of MechaGodzilla alot.

Damn, so they killed off everyone but the original three Go-Ongers, No MiuXSosuke then......... :(
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Ren and Saki being genuinely frightened was a surprise.

All the references to previous episodes highlighted how much this show was character driven rather than plot driven. I like plot driven super sentai like most people but I've grown quite attached to these because their personalities are not defined by their roles as Go-Ongers.

It seems one of the signature tactics for the Go-Ongers is to have one or more of the mecha restrain the monster while the others attack it.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

*Sigh* Some even more tears. Some warning for tissues would be nice!

I just knew they will sacrifice themselves to save Renn and Saki.

I liked Sousuke's face at the end. Such determined face.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
Seventeen
7X
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger

Post by Seventeen »

I should have known that Hiroto and Miu were the children of Plutocrats, no wonder they have such a high standard of themselves. :lol:
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Take-Off! Go-on Wings really is a great song very jazzy. Another good episode leading up to the final battle, Kettei Banki certainly was designed well and if Kegalesia & Kitaneidas only put forth that much effort after Yogo died they probably would've at least given the Go-On team a run for their money.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Chabii-
Mega
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Tenimyu

Post by Chabii- »

Takeoff! is a refreshing song for me. Sometimes, I could even fall asleep while listening to it while facing a problem.

Sad to see the Kyoretsu trio gone. But what the Wings did was heoic. Go pissed!Sosuke!
Spoiler
Saki and Gunpei learn Heart from Ran, while Renn and Hant learn Technique from Retsu, eh? Engine-ken Esumi Special equals fail.
Hen... shin... TOH!
lesovikk
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sexy Voice and Robo
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
Dreamy: Marika Reimon
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi konoshita
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Photography

Post by lesovikk »

At their appearance, I wouldnt expect this from the wings, especially because of their "only one/s" mentality(I love them none the less). I mean actually going to the core group and trying to console them like that.

It also surprised me that after they went "crap! that's what killed our friends" they didnt go "lets get out of gattai so that we can try other tactics" after the pep talk from the wings. I mean, leaving kyurets-o in giant form like that while engines have time limits(at least I think they still do) dosent seem that smart. oh well, it lead to a touching moment of trust between the wings and the go-ongers.
Mystery King of know-nothingness, thats me!
Image kudos to morgan-lamina for the stamp <3
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That was intentional. Their "only one" job was to sacrifice themselves so that Bomper could get more data and hopefully use it to bring Hanto and Gunpei back. If you rewatch the episode you can see them drop hints that this was their plan all along
Wyvern
7X
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Wyvern »

Deka_Hero wrote:Kettei reminded me of MechaGodzilla alot.
Yup definitely :D
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

Man the prime minister really is a punk. It's always the way with red though in the final episodes he loses his cool but then finds a resolution to fight on. They haven't done a all minister ban-ki-jyu since episode 10 I thought they were going to do something like that every 10 episodes guess I was wrong. I can't believe they killed off the wings. If the next episode is called Final Battle then what's episode 50. Since go-ongers got 50 episodes I guess they had to cut Kiva down to 48 to balance it out otherwise they'd both have 49 episodes
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
Zilimidori
Infinity
Favorite series: Super Sentai

Post by Zilimidori »

PHurricane wrote: Hiroto and Miu's hug at the end was very touching. They're probably my favorite characters, flaws and all, and they really shone in this episode.
Generally I wouldn't use "awesome" or "excellent" to describe a death scene but I thought they did a really good job on it. I guess I'll borrow PHurricane's word and call it touching. I'm not an acting expert nor have I ever seen someone die in real life (thankfully) but I thought Miu's actress in particular was especially believable. She really sounded like she just couldn't go on during that last line about believing in the remaining Go-Ongers. The hug was just perfect. Absolutely perfect.

I wish there had been more Go-on Wings centered episodes. I mean they're not technically the main main characters but I felt like it would have been nice to see them as the center of a plot line more often. I agree with PHurricane, they're probably my favorite characters too.
According to my potentialy inaccurate calculations the total number of Super Sentai characters is 185.
Somehow this makes me grin from ear to ear...
Zilimidori
Infinity
Favorite series: Super Sentai

Post by Zilimidori »

takenoko wrote:Don't you think the Go-On Wings' theme song is really good? I like it
Speaking of that, does anyone know where I can find a translation of the lyrics? Even after a couple years of studying Japanese, my skills are too limited to tackle this song...
According to my potentialy inaccurate calculations the total number of Super Sentai characters is 185.
Somehow this makes me grin from ear to ear...

Return to “Engine Sentai Go-Onger”