< GekiRanger | Go-Onger | Shinkenger >
victorstillwater
IXA
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Hibiki
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Go-Onger 50 released

Post by victorstillwater »

When I think about Geki and Go-On, Long was immortal and YogoKrit only said he was immortal.

If they were to fight, I'd bet on Long. :)

Great ending! :D
Victor Stillwater:
Former Professional Blogger and Tech Support Rep. Giant Robot Pilot. Kamen Rider-in-training.

Visit my NEW blog of games and geekery at http://iamstillwater.wordpress.com
MagnaRyu
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Ryuki,Blade,Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Ryukendo,KS7
Favorite Actor?: Matsuda Satoshi
Favorite Band: AnCafe,Gackt,ViDoll
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: All Things Japanese
Quote: Check out my prop making skills at: http://forum.indymogul.com/showthread.php?t=30986

Post by MagnaRyu »

Is this a new thing having Voice Actors making cameo appearances the last episode or movie of a series?
I'm A Gackt Fan And I'm Male. Got A Problem With That?

Check out my prop making skills at: http://forum.indymogul.com/showthread.php?t=30986
Ninja_Commander
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: There's too many
2nd Favorite Series: See previous

Post by Ninja_Commander »

MagnaRyu wrote:Is this a new thing having Voice Actors making cameo appearances the last episode or movie of a series?
I hope so, cause i like to see the Seiyuu in real life. Its gives them a good cameo cause sometimes they could do both VA and live action well.
Kaheraji
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Kaheraji »

I would not classify myself as a big fan of Go-Onger, but the ending really made me smile.
AesPir
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Dancing!

Post by AesPir »

Good end. While it wasn't the greatest series, I feel I got rewarded for sticking it out and enjoying it for what it is. As a series it really grew on me.

I can't complain about the Yogo fight. I mean they have only been fighting him for the past few episodes. He was proven to be a badass and finally got beat.

I really liked the roll call group in place of the Gaiark ministers in the intro. For some reason I really like dynamic intros.

Passing down the torch to Shinkenger... Loving it. Can't wait to be discussing episode 1 of that.

Goodbye Go-Ongers. See ya in the specials.
boukenbluekiva
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by boukenbluekiva »

That was a unexpected end, at least for my. :lol: (Go-onger the returners [¿.Hack Reference? XDDD])

And Voice Actors making cameo appearances the last episode, so cool. :D
Thank you very much for subtituled this Great show. :D :D

somebody else noticed that when a series of super sentai begins with a Red , Yellow and Blue Heros
is certainly that will be a very comic and funny series. :lol:

Now to wait until the first episode of Shinkenger is ready.
Based in a few things that I listens of this series
apparently Fresh pretty cure is not the only Toei show that was ¨refreshed.¨ XD

Good bye Go Ongers the goodbyes are sad but we will see you again
in Gekirangers Versus Goongers and in Go onger Versus Shinkengers.

Ten Years of Power,Wisdom, and Henshin
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

boukenbluekiva wrote:somebody else noticed that when a series of super sentai begins with a Red , Yellow and Blue Heros
is certainly that will be a very comic and funny series. :lol:
Sun Vulcan and LiveMan disprove this theory

I liked the torch pass for this season. It was explode-ful, felt different from the usual ones.

*Sees how Hanto is doing after the final battle* ...So... Hanto and Gunpei... Something, you want to... share with the rest of us?
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Very nice ending, although he final battle was abit rushed I enjoyed how they wrapped everything up at the end, especially with the team getting back together to travel to different worlds.

The series as a whole would've been more enjoyable is they didn't have so many filler episode where the only plot is to destroy the monster of the week, in fact the writers of the series seemed to focus more on the wacky fun filled episodes of Go-Ongers instead of the episodes that drove the main plot of the story, I think it would've been alot more enjoyable if they cut the numbers of episode in half a concentrated more on the story.

As for Gaiark their whole goal of polluting the plant kinda died out early in the series when they began making Bankiju that had nothing to do with pollution, and it didn't help that the writer's basically killed off all the interesting bad guys as soon as they could in order to leave Kitaneidas & Kegalesia to basically be incompetent in everything that they did.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Weren't they all filler episodes?
SwordHero1
Kamen Knight

Post by SwordHero1 »

I was wondering why Yogo was able to regenerate himself from the first attack, but not second. Was it like they destroyed his core specifically or something?

Oh yea, Sousuke destroyed METAL GEAAAAAAAAAR.
red_oni
Favorite series: gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: go-onger
Dreamy: mele
Favorite Actor?: sonny chiba
Favorite Band: guns & roses
My boom: toys

Post by red_oni »

It would have been nice if all the voice actors of the engine souls did cameos.

When the team did their individual action poses, take saki's facial expression for instance, she wasn't energetic on her pose. If was as if she didn't agree on the pose.

That scene where Go-on Red and Shinken-Red were charging at each other, didn't quite like the background. It would have been nice if the background was all black.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

SwordHero1 wrote:I was wondering why Yogo was able to regenerate himself from the first attack, but not second. Was it like they destroyed his core specifically or something?
It was either that or Yogoshimakuritein simply ran out of the power he absorbed from Deus Haguru Magia.
red_oni wrote: When the team did their individual action poses, take saki's facial expression for instance, she wasn't energetic on her pose. If was as if she didn't agree on the pose.
You can't blame her since it is the one pose that looks like a fart when there is a colored smoke explosion in the background.
Chabii-
Mega
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Tenimyu

Post by Chabii- »

Final episode. GunpeiGer ahoy.
Spoiler
Fun fact, four years ago, Dekaranger also ended with 50 episodes. And 2004 was also a leap year. Must be a new tradition to have leap year sentai get 50 episodes.

Anyways, G12's final attack is awesome. Sad to see the Engines go.

...that was the most wtf epilogue I've ever seen. Uh, yeah, Hant, Gunpei, mind telling us what the two of you were doing?

Overall, I think that was a fitting ending for this kind of sentai. The first sentai that I watched from start to end. Thank you, TV-N.

...I feel stupid to know that a classmate watches Go-Onger and loved the fifth episode. Shall I tell him that it has been over for about two weeks now?
Hen... shin... TOH!
lesovikk
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sexy Voice and Robo
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
Dreamy: Marika Reimon
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi konoshita
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Photography

Post by lesovikk »

Chabii- wrote:Final episode. GunpeiGer ahoy.

...that was the most wtf epilogue I've ever seen. Uh, yeah, Hant, Gunpei, mind telling us what the two of you were doing?
hanto was playing with the handcuffs xD
Mystery King of know-nothingness, thats me!
Image kudos to morgan-lamina for the stamp <3
social misfit
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by social misfit »

i gonna miss gunpei!
Im pretty sure that the VA with gunpei at the ending is kitaneidas not gunpherd, just when he picks up the pizza, it sounds like him and i'm sure he says zoyo!

Apart from the rubbish episodes ( esp hiramekimedes' ghost) i really liked this series, it was more showy then others - roll calls, weapons, soundtracks and finishers, but it was always entertaining... Plus i really liked the production and soundtrack that went with it.

Plus for some reason i really liked some fo the characters, somteimes actually found myself nearly saying doru doru, geta geta, or even boeee!! im sad i know!

not sure as to shinkenger, the zords look silly (said that about goonger too though)... but i'm always thinking that the next series looks rubbish, (especially geki after boukenger, i thought the suits looked really stupid!)

Return to “Engine Sentai Go-Onger”