Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Go-Onger 50 released

Post by takenoko »

I really liked this ending. The way they said that last "go on" made it feel like it was something special. Didn't even feel like something we've been hearing for an entire year. People may have thought Go-Onger was silly, but I think they missed out on a fun series that didn't take itself too seriously
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Re: Go-Onger 50 released

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

I agree completely. I like how Toei gives us two or three more-or-less serious Sentai (Deka/Magi/Bouken) followed by a couple that aren't so serious (Geki/Go-On). It's a nice way to set the franchise apart from Kamen Rider, which (save for Kiva) always seems to be constantly super-serious (not that that's a bad thing, mind you). The characters were dynamic and gave us a lot of development throughout the series, most notable in Hiroto. We even saw Kitaneides and Kegareshia make progress near the end; it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if they'd turned on Yogoshimakuritein earlier (though, admittedly, we had that sort of thing in Geki with Rio and Mele). The fights/role calls were always done well and didn't seem thrown together like they could have been (and it would have been extremely easy to do). Finally, G12 sets new standards for the term "massive amounts of super-sized mechanical overkill", which is always a good thing.
lesovikk
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sexy Voice and Robo
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
Dreamy: Marika Reimon
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi konoshita
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Photography

Post by lesovikk »

The rushed final battle for the epilogue was totally worth it, specially since it wasn't really the focus of the ep.

lol at hanto playing with gunpei's handcuffs. :lol:
Mystery King of know-nothingness, thats me!
Image kudos to morgan-lamina for the stamp <3
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

An adequate ending to a fun series. I was somewhat disappointed with this episode. The last battle didn't have the same punch as other final episodes, moving at an almost ridiculously fast pace. (How do you get past the nearly-invincible Prime Minister to destroy his power source? Solution: Lock him in a closet. How do the dissolved team members come back? Solution: They just do. Without any help from Bomper, even.) Considering how easily most of the obstacles of the episode were overcome, I was shocked that the Prime Minister wasn't taken out in one hit.

As rushed as the first half of the episode felt, the second half had a ridiculously fun number of easter eggs. Nao's was probably the cutest, with the way she punned Kega's name. The other cameos by the Engine VAs were a nice, unexpected touch. Speedor's reappearance was not entirely unexpected, but there's something really heart-warming about the idea of the Engines and the Go-ongers reuniting and fighting a new enemy in another world. One final ending theme, with great lyrics. I love that they added the line about partners going anywhere together (from way back in Speedor's verse) back in. I wish they would have done something more with the ending credits than match the engines on-screen to when their color was sang (it really warped the choreography, for one thing). Ah well.

Other random thoughts on the episode:
-They changed the OP sponsor music - first time all season?
-Team looked good doing the helmetless roll call. Two noticable changes - Hanto popping his fingers and the Wings doing a corkscrew flip rather than their normal backflip.
-Man, Shinkenger's already on my mind. Engine-O G12's head looked more samurai-esque than usual.
-Ren looked spaced out during his final solo line in the G12 cockpit.
-I couldn't help but notice that the keychain that Bomper made for Saki was still on her G-Phone when they put all of their equipment on the table. Pretty rotten of him to take back his present after the emphasized how much it meant to her.
-More wacky Gunpei/Hanto antics. Ah, I'll miss those two.
-Saki's evil onee-san strikes again! Boy, Bear R's a rotten employer, handing out checks to people just because they ask for them.
-Hiroto's voice at the party is slightly disturbing.
-Gunman world?! Hm, makes me think of a Wild West-type world. Pity we probably won't get to see it.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

I love that helmetless roll call. First one of it's kind, isn't it? Hopefully not the last one. There's very few series where they got the actors to do roll call instead of suit actors. Wish, I can see that for each series actually. But some series like Geki will probably be too hard for regular actors to do so.

Is it actually actors who jumped or did they use suit actors? That I can't tell because they could have put make up on suit actors to make it looks like actors.

Was there a cameo from Yogo in this ep? I know Kege appeared in human form, but since I can't hear Yogo and Kita, I do not know if they (VA) made cameo as well in human form, for some reasons I feel like they appeared because of certain lines.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

Silentwolfdog wrote:Was there a cameo from Yogo in this ep? I know Kege appeared in human form, but since I can't hear Yogo and Kita, I do not know if they (VA) made cameo as well in human form, for some reasons I feel like they appeared because of certain lines.
I think Buson's was the Bus driver thanking Ren at the track, and i think Speedors was the guy arugung with Sosuke n his cart.
The only one i know was Bear R's, she was Saki's Boss at the Sweet shop.

SANAE! The bitch struck again!
But i love the Helmetless Roll call.

It's a nice way to end the series, Happy, then Sad, then happy again.
SonicCaps5
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Favorite Actor?: Kenji Matsuda
Favorite Band: MAN WITH A MISSION
My boom: Tokusatsu, and MWAM
Quote: "No matter how dark things become, I am the light that will shine the way.
All you have to do... is look up."

Post by SonicCaps5 »

:) Thus ends an exciting adventure, and the start of a new one. I'm going to miss this series. :(
prsentai
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club

Post by prsentai »

I'm gonna miss go-on!
I don't think shinkenger can give me the same feeling.
Kiva Jyu Fly Ken Tatsulot
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

I have to say it was a good end to a lighthearted series. I mean comparing it with Deka/Magi, I personally felt this was much better.

Spoiler
Go-On Season 2? XD
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Silentwolfdog wrote:Was there a cameo from Yogo in this ep? I know Kege appeared in human form, but since I can't hear Yogo and Kita, I do not know if they (VA) made cameo as well in human form, for some reasons I feel like they appeared because of certain lines.
Yes, Yogo 's VA is the man at the party that Hiroto is conversing with. He ends one of his comments with "nari" and then drawls "narina" as he walks away. Speedor, Buson, and Bear R's cameos were already mentioned. Speedor's surprised me a bit, because his human form cameo is really close to his reappearance in Engine form. I'd have to double-check, but I believe Gunpherd's VA is the detective that comes into Gunpei's office and Birca's VA asks about taking the pizza slice.

As for everyone else, I've read the following (which makes sense) but I can't confirm:
The other detectives are Carrigator and Kitaneidas.
Bomper is a customer (at the counter?) at the bakery.
Jumbowhale is also a guest at Hiroto/Miu's party, presumably the person that Yogo's VA goes to talk to when he walks away from Hiroto.
The male and female guard holding back Saki, Hanto and Gunpei are Toripter and Jetras.
prsentai
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club

Post by prsentai »

Spoiler
i spy kega-chan minus de ojaru
she complained about kegare (dirty)
Kiva Jyu Fly Ken Tatsulot
Super Sentai Spirits
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sentai
Favorite Band: Too many to name
My boom: Kicking Ass

Post by Super Sentai Spirits »

great ending to a great series, not as rushed as the geki ending, but now i have to go back and play I Spy the VA's in the epilogue.
アニメ、特撮、ROCKの垣根を越えて活動中!サイキックラバーです。
After the second role call nothing can go wrong

Squizz
Infinity
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live

Post by Squizz »

I know it's always been said that the actual actors get their chance in suit in the final ep, this is the first episode Ive ever felt it, even before they lost their helmets. :lol:
No major fight scenes, but a helmetless rollcall? The nerdy overload of joy was nearly too much for me.
I hope it's the first of many :D and I'd love to know if they did those flips or not, and if not where do you get a wig like Hiroto's hair count me in . :lol:

One of my favourite endings, just for the sheer amount of fan appeal squeezed into it, ...narina. XD
samelf
7X

Post by samelf »

I have to admit first half of the episode was a let down wasnt near as good as the past 3 episodes but the last part with all the cameos of the va made up for it. as for the whole going off to another world tihgn maybe its a set up for the team up movie next series is about samurais and theres a samurai world coincidence i think not.
Seventeen
7X
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger

Post by Seventeen »

Gunman world?! That sounds awesome! :shock: I want to see that.

Really good ending though, all endings are a little rushed, so I didn't mind too much how quick the final battle was.

I really loved the epilogue, I did get the feeling that even though everyone was happy back in their normal lives, that they were missing something, and thought the ending was perfect. I hope they follow up on that.

Return to “Engine Sentai Go-Onger”