jyemenai
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: 全て KR + Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Sh15uya
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: KAMEN RIDER!!

Re: Engine Sentai Go-Onger VS GekiRanger

Post by jyemenai »

I loved the movie -- it was my first time seeing a VS, with the first sentai group I watched (Geki). I had so many fangasms, it was ridiculous. All the Mele stuff (I had to rewind her "Rio-sama no ai no tame ni iki"-part like three times), the random Decade-foresight, and everything.. Truly amazing.
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

......what to say.

It had The Go-Ongers (Who i like) and the Gekirangers (Who i don't like)...............
you could say i liked Half of the movie.
ikaritheflamezephyer
Gabu
Favorite series: Go-onger/Faiz/DenO
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger/Decade
Favorite Band: Yuzo Koshiro
My boom: WMMT3
Quote: Smoke Tires not Drugs

Post by ikaritheflamezephyer »

I enjoyed the movie a lot. Can't say its my favorite VS. Sentai flick thought
The primary vivid sounds and colors supported smelling the pseudo perfume of tomorrow's wind.

ImageImage
RiderChick
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Dreamy: *sigh*Wataru Kurenai
Favorite Actor?: ..............
Favorite Band: Rammstein
My boom: JAPAN!! XD

Post by RiderChick »

I love it, i think it's A-W-E-S-O-M-E :mrgreen:
Ryutaros+Ryotaro=Rockin Fun!! XD
GarTkEZ
Salami Commander
Favorite series: BLACK/Jetman/AGITO
2nd Favorite Series: Blade/Hibiki/Bouken
Favorite Band: Switchfoot
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Adventure Time

Post by GarTkEZ »

Awesome moment #1:

Hanto and Miki recognizing each other

Awesome moment #2:

Saki channeling Natsuki - sans bakeneko line though

Awesome moment #3:

Mele. Just Mele

Awesome moment #4:

Miu. Just Miu.

Awesome moment #5:

Mele and Miu BOTH on screen. MIND.BLOW.

Awesome moment #6:

*raises left hand imperiously* RIN-KI!GAISOU!

Awesome moment #7:

Mele's pouty face. I like it when Mele pouts.

Awesome moment #8:

Gou clutching Bae like the toy he is when Rio and Mele are saying goodbye.

Awesome moment #9:

G3 PRINCESS THE LIVE = WIN

Awesome moment #10:

Sannin no Aka Senshi. Need i say more?

Honorable mentions:GANGA GANGA DAN!And Saki's V V DAN! pose! Rina = Kawaii!
IKKAN KENJO!
Super Nassau!
Gao
Favorite series: GekiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ore, Sanjou!
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: HTC Touch Pro

Post by Super Nassau! »

Well I finally got to see this and as a believer of Geki being the best Sentai I have seen, this is like the best thing ever. Only disappointment was no Kensei, and the Ministers didn't get much burn. But other than that:

1. Once again Kempou is proven to be superior to other fighting techniques.

2. I CAN believe Hiroto and Miu learned Jyuken. Lets face it, these guys are awesome.

3. LONG!

4. If Go-Ongers kept the Engine Ken they learned, that series would have ended right then and there lol.

5. Rio and Mele. AND Hiroto and Miu, walking to the cliff together while Mouki goto Shishi no Gotoku is playing. Best moment of the movie.

6. Best moment 2: The SCRTC symbol in the Go-Onger circle.

7. 26 souls? I don't want NONE of that.

8. Wait a minute. The good guys eat cake and sing while Rio and Mele burn and wander through hell for eternity? AWESOME!

After seeing this movie, it goes in the GekiRanger folder because lets face it, this was GekiRanger vs. Go-Onger, not the other way around. You can watch this movie after the Geki Finale and think it was a continuation. They must really love them some Geki over in Japan. And even after seeing the ratings that were listed, I think those who saw GekiRanger knew it was a classic. Especially our here in the US where good Ranger shows (save RPM) and good martial arts movies are hard to come by.
Ore, Sanjou!

AFL
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu

Post by Arawynn »

I finally gave in and watched the movie. I thought it was quite good! Even the Go-ongers were ok in the movie!!
The training of go-ongers was fun. Jan seemed quite mature in the movie. lol.
I really do wish the Go-ongers had retained their new found Engine Ken throughout their own series. It would have been bearable to watch then. But oh well we dont always get what we wish for.

Though the number of Rangers outnumbered the Villians, the battle was entertaining...The final fight was mainly both Reds and Rio against Long. But I do remember the others getting a kick in. The Mecha fight was good too. The whole Rolecall was 2 and half mins long. I wonder if Long and the other bad guy were charging their batteries till then.

The ending..Rio and Mele disappearing was too much like AbareKiller. Tender moments in Sentai history.

Bae wearing Indian garb was so cool!! (Me being an Indian was happy to see this hehe)

The Abaranger Curry Shop is EVERYWHERE!!! I seriously think there must be such a shop for real in Japan! lol

All in all made for a pleasant one hour of toku. :)
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
Wolf-man
7X

Post by Wolf-man »

Speaking as someone whose only real experience with Sentai is Power Rangers and Shikenger I just watched Go-Onger vs. Gekiranger and I absolutely loved it! I saw three other Sentai movies and this one puts them to shame. I had no idea who the characters were and I still thought they were great and thought it was cool when sub-cast came back. I loved the whole "previous heroes training the new heroes" shtick, that's always great. This is what a crossover should be. I wish Kamen Rider would take a lesson from Super Sentai and do these kinds of things. I mean I was so impressed by this that it made me want to watch Go-Onger and Gekiranger. I can't wait till they do a Shikenger vs. Go-Onger! (Hopefully)
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

Well i just finished Gekiranger finally after stopping around ep 20 when it actually aired (due to a natural disaster literally) and i just finished Go-Onger earlier this week so i finally got to this.

It was an enjoyable movie, kinda strange how the Go-Ongers actually got their own Jyuken techniques but eh its a crossover so something like that had to happen. Funny to see them do training on the piano with their feet, and Sousuke climbing up a building. Its also funny how Ken was hitting on Saki (lol pedo alert!)

Its funny how the Gaiark guys had to mold Long's golden ball into a freaking engine soul XD but eh i guess that works.

The battle after everyone transforms and does their respective role call was kinda short since they just slap em around a bit, form their group weapons being the Geki Bazooka and Highway Buster to own them, and then its straight to the Giant Robot battle! I dun recall the other VS movies having that short of battles before getting to the mecha fights but ill let this one sly since i havent watched the other VS movies in awhile.

i was surprised by that they were like "crap we forgot to do the ED rap" and then they gave us the G3 Princess's live and Go-Onger ED movie ver live. That was a nice surprise and kinda catchy too. Specially the G3 princesses.

Then further more to my surprise was the short sneak peaks at Kamen Rider Decade and Shinkenger damn i shoulda watched this while it first came out, that shot of the 3 reds was awesome shame that we cant see all 3 of those teams kick ass in one movie, unless hopefully one day they give us another Super Sentai World except way longer :D
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
Sexy_RoboVoice
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Favorite Actor?: Johnny Depp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Tokusatsu
Quote: 'If you can't learn to love yourself... how the hell are you gonna love anybody else?' - RuPaul Charles

Post by Sexy_RoboVoice »

I absolutely LOVED this special.

I had never watched Go-Onger before, the only reason I watched it was because of the Gekirangers, but it was awesome seeing the characters interact with each other, and with the Go-Ongers desire to learn to be better fighters for the sake of their friends, the Engine Souls.

This special provided a nice glimpse into Go-Onger, and there is a part of me that does wish to check the series out, but I'm not sure I can get over the overall clunkiness of the mechas.

Especially when they come together to form their super mecha robot form, It looks rather gaudy and not as well intergrated as past mechas. It looked rather like a robotic totem pole, or like those strange pre-school type Lego building blocks put together.

Everything else about the special was on-point. I loved the character dynamics between the two teams, and I loved how Rio and Melee came back. I also loved the discovery of the Engine-Ken fighting style.

I didn't mind too much that the looks of the Gekirangers didn't change that much, unlike the Dekarangers when we saw them in the Maji vs. Deka special. This is only because I watched the Go-On vs. Geki special immediately after the watching the final episode, so I thought it was a nice bit of continuity to see that they hadn't changed their hairstyles or anything.

The writing served all the characters very well, especially in the training sessions. the humor on display during those moments was simply priceless. I especially loved the bit when Go-On Red was trying to clean the side of the building and kept on falling down each time he was half way up.

overall, very well done.

Return to “Engine Sentai Go-Onger”