< GekiRanger | Go-Onger | Shinkenger >
zeldAIS
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: 音楽とか妖怪のテマ
2nd Favorite Series: スーパー戦隊シリーズ
Dreamy: 松岡茉優Queen
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: 漫画,音楽,ドラマ,映画
Quote: "The fan translations community must be helping & understanding each other."
"Quality fan translations take quality time."
Type: INFP Healer

Engine Sentai Go-Onger VS GekiRanger

Post by zeldAIS »

so this ends the road for the last glimpse of the wakiwaki guys of GekiRanger.
Spoiler
to be honest, i was kinda expecting them to have different looks but the actors/actresses didn't changed much for the past year XD (hmm, Jan and Rio had longer hairs but not really that drastic change compared to most Dekarangers in Deka VS Magi XD)

working on this VS movie really made me feel nostalgic how i typesetted and worked on every week for GekiRanger way back when. and i'll be honest, i wish i had a better organized template of the effects like i did for Kiva XD adding the fact that I typesetted this with the one i consider one of my best apprentices in typesetting - expensive jeans-chan <3

I guess, what I've noticed for VS series is that the sempais will teach something new to their kouhais.
Spoiler
In this case, a new ken is made, EngineKen - except of course for Go-OnWings siblings who had been students of Master Gorie for GekiJyuKen.

They didn't used Super here, huh? And lolz at the "ending songs" XD At least I'm happy that Rio and Mele came back to kick some ass, which the two are considered the most popular characters in GekiRanger series.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Engine Sentai Go-Onger VS GekiRanger

Post by Phoenix512 »

This VS was pretty good actually. I like the whole Engine-Ken aspect. Miki is still a glutton and the Abaranger curry shop makes its reference once again. It was nice to see Rio and Mele again before they get sent back to Hell like AbaKiller. It was a bit funny that the Gairak had to reshape Long's ball into an engine soul. As for the Super thing, I think it was that the Go-Ongers didn't have a super form that they felt going super would overshadow them. I think Sousuke was watching Decade with his line "Just some passing-by heroes."

There's training in VS Sentai. *ding*
Aoiblue
Everything is drama!
Favorite series: Trick
Dreamy: Haga Yuria
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gransazer

Post by Aoiblue »

Whoa, I actually laughed when the Go-ongers were being silly XD.
Its so nice to see the Gekirangers again! This totally made my day.
mateo360
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-o
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Favorite Band: GACKT
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by mateo360 »

Finally, I have been wait for this to be released so I could burn it with my third dis of Go-onger.
Do Not Underestimate the Power of Tommy's Ass.
Go-On Desu
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W/Shinken/Go-On
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O/Kiva
Dreamy: Natsumikan
Favorite Actor?: Joe Odagiri
Favorite Band: Project R.
My boom: MY HENSHIN!
Quote: Oh No! You have been exposed to radioactive material, and a hand has mutated out of your stomach. How do you deal with the mutation?

Post by Go-On Desu »

A quality release. The battle was awesome, and there's nothing like a G12 assisted beatdown. Though the part about Hiroto and Miu training under Gorie when they were kids was a bit... eh...

All in all, good movie, and it was good to see the wings again.

Especially Miu <3
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Yay! Fighting with more zowangi zowango Bruce Lee references.

Gotta love the tortoise fist. And dragonman! I mean....the dragonman that's a jerk! And Raoh Rio! And chameleon boob lady! And two-times double redundancy! Suren this was crazy fun to watch.

That said, kinda surprised there wasn't a crossdressing subplot.
erikhol
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by erikhol »

I really loved this movie. It's a fitting end to Gekirangers.

Spoiler
I absolutely love the return of Long as the villain in this movie. He looks soooo mad when finally gets out of that ball.
Last edited by erikhol on Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

Fix your spoiler tag
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

This was so much fun to watch. When Toei decided on a theatrical release for this instead direct-to-DVD, we are fortunate enough to benefit from all of the extra work that went into this production.

I like how there wasn't a big battle between the Go-Ongers and Gekirangers before they finally realized they were on the same side. There was no way the Go-Ongers would win in hand-to-hand combat. Fighting the army of Uguts was a great scene to replace it.

There were so many details that were fun to notice.
Spoiler
-Gunpei telling the viewers not to blink with his eyes closed
-Renn always commenting whenever someone mentions "justice" in a conversation
-Hanto's crushes on older women
-everyone making a serious face in the opening credits
-Jan "communicating" with the Engines like Smurfs
-the EngineKen attack names
-Bae showing up to the giant battle
-the connection between the Go-Ongers always eating egg dishes with Natsume's love of custard tarts
Chabii-
Mega
My boom: Tenimyu

Post by Chabii- »

It... wasn't a very good idea to go back to that one blog post, see which episodes of which shows I watched when the DVD was released, and watch them in the same order as that day. Replacing that one live show with the VS. and the recently released Shinken.

-The Gou/Ken duo. Arriving at times when main guys are gone/going to be gone. *cough*Geki/Bouken*cough*
-Hah, oh Ken, hitting on every Yellow you see for three years now.
-Ooh, Hant tried to hit on Miki? brb, laughing. I'm amazed at how many part-time jobs this guy could have.
-Wild Bomper appeared! Wild Bomper used... err, Foresight? *epic fail*
-When I heard the start of Go-On's OP, I immediately took out my two styluses, and started tapping them on my desk, acting like I'm doing the Daily Dojo and this is my last chance to get the Bronze Plaque Rank 6. I need to stop playing Meccha Taiko no Tatsujin...

Shamefully, I forgot the beats for the latter half of the song. *even more epic fail*
-I knew this would happen. Jan and the Engines understanding each other.
-O, hai thar Butler Ukon.
-Fast forward to... "Just some passing-through heroes!" I think this is the third day in a row I've heard that phrase.
-Fast forward again to... Hey, where'd I hear the "I wish I had a birthday" line before?
-Ah, shame it is that there is no ending song this time. But, the Boy's Event... *dies laughing* Tokyama hiding behind the pianist, clapping, while Furuhara is dancing away, and Kataoka giving up after the rap.
-Oh. They did not just promote both Decade and Shinken... did they? *fangirl squeal* But I can't stop laughing after they said "Check it out!" Yeesh, I'm so weird.

Other than that and Bae just randomly appearing (I yelled "TATSULOT!" at the screen, seesh), I'm gonna miss these guys. Ah, well, usually I'd say there's always next year and the anniversary, but right now...

*puts on loop along with Shinken*
Hen... shin... TOH!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I like how there wasn't a big battle between the Go-Ongers and Gekirangers before they finally realized they were on the same side.
Well it wouldn't be fair if the GekiRangers beat another team of rangers for a second time in a row. I was kinda hoping for it on the main five Go-Ongers.
-Ooh, Hant tried to hit on Miki? brb, laughing. I'm amazed at how many part-time jobs this guy could have.
Actually Hanto having all those part-time jobs is a character trait that appears more often than you think in Japanese media.
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

I never saw Gekiranger soooooo...I guess I couldn't appreciate this on quite the same level as you guys. XD But it was a lot of fun, I really enjoyed watching it. I was wondering if they were going to pull out G12 in the final battle. I guess they were just waiting for the right dramatic moment.

Was it just me or did Rina look a bit...uncomfortable performing at that live show at the end? XD Maybe it was just in-character acting, I dunno.
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

-This is the best Sentai movie I have seen in a while! It didn't feel entirely like an extended episode, and all the connections with past sentai made it feel like a real combination movie
-Great to see
Spoiler
Jan and Rio's relationship again, you could tell how glad Jan was to see his friend back, in a reserved way.

-
Spoiler
Long went crazy confined as that ball! I loved seeing him lose his calm facade, especially as Naoki Kawano kept it up all through Shibatora as well. Super powerful too!

-Engine-ken is baddass, especially Renn's Hadouken!
-What!? Where's my Engine G26!? :P That would have been the most hilarious thing ever.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

it was good to see everyone again i thought rio and mele would have stuck around a forever this time and joined the gekirangers. so engine-ken is the new jyuken better watch out scratch there's a new kenpou in town. had to say if this was better than gekiranger vs. boukenger i would say it probably was actually. man long was pi**ed when he was freed but he is a really cool character. all and all it was a good movie and all the things at the end made it extra special
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

kaemmerite wrote:Was it just me or did Rina look a bit...uncomfortable performing at that live show at the end? XD Maybe it was just in-character acting, I dunno.
That's what happens when standing in front of an audience in your underwear
AeonRanger wrote:Stuff
What happened to capitalizing words? Also, that avatar looks familiar

Return to “Engine Sentai Go-Onger”