Forum rules
Wiki Link

< GekiRanger | Go-Onger | Shinkenger >
prsentai
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club

Re: Engine Sentai Go-Onger VS GekiRanger

Post by prsentai »

Other than that and Bae just randomly appearing (I yelled "TATSULOT!" at the screen, seesh),
you should check my sig then
Indian Bae was a nice touch,
Curry shop strikes again,
I was hoping for G5 prince
Engine-ken kensei Jumbowale!
Jan! Bowale?
Mama! My egg tarts!
Kiva Jyu Fly Ken Tatsulot
Fidchell
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Evangelion
2nd Favorite Series: Digimon 01
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: .hack//

Post by Fidchell »

A few things.

1) Apparently Turtles can all fly in Japan.
2) O.o Yup, i think i missed the crazy trainings (Playing piano on your feet while standing... and trust meigt's not easy playing that with hands either)
3) So... Every sentai goes Oh these are the legendary go ongers, sorry i didn't notice that you rsuit looks simiar to ours and you're color coded! But we have heard of you >_>
Iaatix
Gabu

Post by Iaatix »

I'm not sure why but something just didn't work about this movie for me. There didn't seem to be any chemistry between the teams and the GekiRangers seemed to have lost a little of their own chemistry. I can't put my finger on it. At first I thought it was because their basis is so far apart (inter dimensional engines and some sort of martial arts), but Magiranger vs DekaRanger was pretty good and they are just as far apart. I'll have to rewatch it and figure out what didn't work for me.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Why is this surprising?

Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Iaatix wrote:I'm not sure why but something just didn't work about this movie for me. There didn't seem to be any chemistry between the teams and the GekiRangers seemed to have lost a little of their own chemistry. I can't put my finger on it. At first I thought it was because their basis is so far apart (inter dimensional engines and some sort of martial arts), but Magiranger vs DekaRanger was pretty good and they are just as far apart. I'll have to rewatch it and figure out what didn't work for me.
Maybe it was Jan taking on the role of a mature shishou? That's the only part that felt unusual to me. Of course we could assume that Jan matured in his travels before their reunion.
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

takenoko wrote:Why is this surprising?

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
And let's not forget

Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

It was good seeing the whole Geki team again. So Engine-ken I enjoyed seeing the Engines Geki style, they were really well designed and looked good coming out, tough I would've liked to have seen Carrigator & Jumbowhale animated too. So once again the 3 ministers are completely useless and run at the first sign of trouble, I really wish they hadn't been put into the special since they didn't really contribute anything to the overall story. Oh and I wish the writers would drop the Abaranger Curry Shop references is was good the first couple times it was used but now it's just a lazy filler when the writers were out of idea's for connecting the two teams. Expect for the two things listed above I enjoyed the special, it was very nice treat for them to put the live shows at the end.

Is Toei allowed to use the "Gamera spin" without being sued for infringement by Kadokawa?
Last edited by Battra on Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Iaatix
Gabu

Post by Iaatix »

I wish all turtles could fly. I see a lot of them smashed on the road around here...its so sad.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Guess I haven't commented yet.

I really like this movie. It was nice and long and had a lot of fan service. In particular, I liked the fact that the GekiRangers looked exactly the same as they did last year. I notice in some versus that the previous year's actors will look different, which is a little off putting

The bonuses at the end was a nice touch too
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

takenoko wrote:That's what happens when standing in front of an audience in your underwear
Yeah, I guess the other two had been models (and Kegareshia's actress was in AV's) so I guess that's why they didn't look bothered.

Anyway, at work today I was thinking. This has to be AU, because Yogostein died right after they got G12, yet Yogo was in this movie and they used G12. Is it standard for these kind of movies to be AU or is this one just weird?
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by lostinbrave »

kaemmerite wrote: Anyway, at work today I was thinking. This has to be AU, because Yogostein died right after they got G12, yet Yogo was in this movie and they used G12. Is it standard for these kind of movies to be AU or is this one just weird?
Both could be true or its is between when they get G12 and when Yogostein dies, since the engins are still there.
ImageImage
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Good movie. Not my favorite, but more enjoyable with each viewing. The characters meshed much better than I expected. Lots of humor, good balance with the dramatic moments, and a pretty decent storyline.

-Confusing Jan for Jumbowhale - so unexpected it was hilarious.
-The look that passes between Saki and Gunpei in Ginjiro after Ken starts flirting is adorable. Actually, a surprising number of Saki/Gunpei friendship or romantic moments (whichever you prefer). Gunpei's reaction to Ken's pep talk and the smiley-face leaf was equally adorable.
-Another great expression - Natsume's brief look of disgust at Hanto after she hears that he was flirting with her mom. And it seems speculators were proven right that Hanto would provide the link to the Abaranger curry house.
-Decade has ruined the phrase "Just some passing-through..." for me. I couldn't stop laughing after hearing Sousuke use it, because I kept expecting Tsukasa to pop out or something.
-I think Saki was channeling Natsuki. Not only did she run over and fuss over Shafu just like Natsuki did (minus the bakeneko comment), but she also whined about Ran's training in the exact same tone and phrasing as Natsuki in the Bouken/Geki VS movie.
-That was an awfully long opening sequence before the credits rolled. I almost forgot that the credits hadn't happened yet. Speaking of the credits, I never noticed before that Ken's surname is Hisatsu. I take it that was that supposed to be a pun on Hissatsu?
-I thought it was strange that Jan was so happy after the heroes got ejected from the subspace even though the Go-ongers had lost their partners and the Gekis lost Long. Nice fake-out.
-Sousuke provided for the return of "whatever-ken"! I missed that silly term.
-The Wings already being familiar with JyuKen was a nice touch, particularly since they didn't get much screen time. That said, the Wings-Mele battle triangle has to be one of my favorite VS groupings.
-I can't believe Hanto punched Kega. After he had a crush on her and/or her human disguises for practically the whole series, I was shocked he actually aimed for her face.
-Miki's line at the end about a Super Sentai birthday to be commemorated seemed more like a sly reference to the anniversary (or "birthday" depending on how you look at it) of the Sentai VS movie series than a comment on Jan's birthday.
-The ending montage left me a little underwhelmed, mostly because I loved hearing and singing along with the Engine Raps and the song that was used happened to be my least favorite from Go-onger. I burst out laughing when Hanto asked whether some people missed the Raps, because that was pretty much exactly what I was thinking by that point.
-Rina definitely looked nervous during the G3 Princess Rap performance. Not quite scared to death, but close at some moments. I chalked it up to her being so much younger than the rest of the cast (well, except Hanto). The special effect sparkles during their dance break amused me.
-The three-way Red pose at the end was pretty neat.
Iaatix
Gabu

Post by Iaatix »

Have Mele and Rio always had full names?
DisneyKiller
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger/Ryuki
Dreamy: Kinoshita Ayumi
Favorite Actor?: Matsuzaka Tori
Favorite Band: UVERworld
My boom: SNSD

Post by DisneyKiller »

This has been my favorite VS.
-the Geki team is back! Geki is my favorite unless Shinkenger impresses me even more.
-I was sorta wrong with the Go-on curry shop reference but i was close.
(funny thing) When the curry reference was mentioned i jumped out of my seat and yelled "I knew it!" and the same time Lakers made a 3 pointer.
-Rio is back. My all time favorite anti-hero/villain.
-I love Mele's squeals
-passing by heroes( or was i sentai) made me laugh
-Engine-ken w00t
-Wings knowing Jyuken is quite interesting. Im guessing Hiroto is a Roster-ken user and Miu is a Tiger or even a White Tiger user like Jan or Dan.
-Wings/Mele and Red/Rio teams were awsome
-Long was fun. I re-named my nemesis Naoki (Long's real name is Naoki) after Long. I loved how psycho Long went. It was amusing.

I have more i can think of but now right now.
ryuzakiumi
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by ryuzakiumi »

I'm surprised Jan, Retsu, and Ran didn't henshin to super mode with KaGeki. Did they lose it during the series? I can't remember. Its been awhile since i watched Gekiranger.

Return to “Engine Sentai Go-Onger”