Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Go-On Music special (Anipara 251)

Post by takenoko »

Thanks to Ais for his hard work on doing this. Great special to tie into Shinken Vs Go-Onger release
Fobo911
Go Go!
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Kotoha-chan!
Favorite Actor?: Suzuka Morita
My boom: Girls
Quote: "The average person has one ovary and one testicle."

Re: Go-On Music special (Anipara 251)

Post by Fobo911 »

This was pretty cool, and the subs and karaoke went really well; nice job.

But my ears kind of hurt a bit from hearing the OP and ED songs because of the lack of harmony within their combined voices.

It's interesting to hear some brief history on how Project R. was formed, though.

But once I heard the beginning of the Gaiark song, I went, "Hell yeah!" I didn't think I'd hear that song outside of that G3 Princess episode, so it was a nice surprise. Pretty awesome song for me to hear.

Overall, it was nice to hear some Go-Onger music again, despite the lack of harmony in the OP and ED's, but meh, it's live.
"The average person has one ovary and one testicle."
-Psychology textbook
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Ah, how nostalgic! Go-Onger feels like it aired such a long time ago. There was a time that I couldn't get these songs out of my head. The live versions...well, it was nice to hear the songs again, even if the performances did make me wince multiple times. The interesting chatter between the songs made up for it.

Does anyone know how old Sister Mayo is? I was shocked when they asked what sentai you watched as a child and she answered Goranger. She does not look like she's old enough to have seen that when it aired.
zeldAIS
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: 音楽とか妖怪のテマ
2nd Favorite Series: スーパー戦隊シリーズ
Dreamy: 松岡茉優Queen
My boom: 漫画,音楽,ドラマ,映画
Quote: "The fan translations community must be helping & understanding each other."
"Quality fan translations take quality time."
Type: INFP Healer

Post by zeldAIS »

When takenoko-sama passed me the raws of it, I honestly just previewed the episode and only intended to do the karaokes - but when I was "working" on it, I was surprised that I was actually watching the whole episode without me noticing it and really enjoyed the episode a lot LOL And I thought it would be cool that this special episode of Anipara will be shared to others - so I ended up timing and translating the episode X3 You have to admit, the talks were interesting with Project.R and all those artists that grew up in Sentai.
PHurricane wrote:Does anyone know how old Sister Mayo is? I was shocked when they asked what sentai you watched as a child and she answered Goranger. She does not look like she's old enough to have seen that when it aired.
I know right! Apparently, her Japanese wiki page, blog, site, etc doesn't say what year she was born :P (or I wasn't looking further, but then again, asking for her age seems to be private thing for her :P)

PS: Oh, and if you're not much of a JMusic fan, MoMusu is the short nickname of Morning Musume. If you know AKB48 (maybe from Queen & Elizabeth of Kamen Rider W), MoMusu is something like that, but been in the business much older (& kinda dictated how idol groups must be in the Heisei era (Shouwa had Onyanko Club which was much mentioned in Kamen Rider Kiva)). I listen and follow a lot of artists in JMusic - my avatars & signatures are screaming of some of the fave artists anyway, so I apologize in advance for my spazzes over this post *gets shot*
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Huh? The Japanese wiki says she's 35 and that she was born July 26, 1974
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sister_MAYO
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

The little chats in between were really entertaining. I loved the Morning Musume joke. The relaxed atmosphere was nice because they are usually more reserved on Japanese variety shows and during press conferences.

The harmony was off but I doubt they had much time to rehearse for something like this. It certainly beats the lip-synching some people are accused of doing during their concerts.
zeldAIS
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: 音楽とか妖怪のテマ
2nd Favorite Series: スーパー戦隊シリーズ
Dreamy: 松岡茉優Queen
My boom: 漫画,音楽,ドラマ,映画
Quote: "The fan translations community must be helping & understanding each other."
"Quality fan translations take quality time."
Type: INFP Healer

Post by zeldAIS »

takenoko wrote:Huh? The Japanese wiki says she's 35 and that she was born July 26, 1974
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sister_MAYO
See, I wasn't paying attention xD
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

I always enjoyed the music from Go-Onger this was a very nice treat thanks. I guess putting all your talent under one label is a good idea, certainly makes it easier to promote.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
SwordHero1
Kamen Knight

Post by SwordHero1 »

Regards to the Gaiark song, it wasn't "Shut your mouth?" Aw.
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

the one thing about J-Pop is that Japanese perfomers can never sing well live. Why'd they have to do all that talking bit in between songs they could have played the whole engine rap series, which i was looking forward to if they had done it. it was good though love go-onger songs.
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

^From what they said, it seems this was recorded during the summer while Go-Onger was still airing. Taking this into account, the entire Engine Rap series probably wasn't ready for release yet.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

takenoko wrote:The Japanese wiki says she's 35 and that she was born July 26, 1974
Thanks for the info, Take. That's still older than I would have guessed, but I'm not great with estimating ages. I also think I had a picture of what she looked like during Magiranger's airing in my head. That would have made my guess a little closer.

I'm still surprised that she picked Goranger, since she was only a year old when that series started airing.
monritche
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: KS7, Ultraman, KR
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto
Favorite Band: Orange Range
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: mouse-clicking

Post by monritche »

I love this kind of releases. It makes you jump from your seat and start dancing. Haha.
AeonRanger wrote:the one thing about J-Pop is that Japanese perfomers can never sing well live. Why'd they have to do all that talking bit in between songs they could have played the whole engine rap series, which i was looking forward to if they had done it. it was good though love go-onger songs.
May I ask on what grounds made you think of such trivial assumption? Have you attended any live concerts of them? The talk gave us background of the group who apparently behind these cool sentai songs.
GarTkEZ
Salami Commander
Favorite series: BLACK/Jetman/AGITO
2nd Favorite Series: Blade/Hibiki/Bouken
Favorite Band: Switchfoot
My boom: Adventure Time

Post by GarTkEZ »

Awesome,Simply Awesome.

^_^

*starts praying for the Shinken & Gosei Special*