Dreamy: Nakatsu Shuichi
Favorite Actor?: Matsuyama Kenichi
Favorite Band: Gazette
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hayami's trendy hat

Re: Enjin Sentai Gōonjā - Fanarts

Post by Bauffie »

Hell, I hate you guys for spamming all this before me. XD
BoukenCobalt wrote:I'm gonna go easy on you since you're still a budding artist. Blablasenselessblabla Critique is basically people's way of pointing out the good and the bad, and hopefully learning about the "bad" and improving upon it--so it can become "good"--is the best way to deal with this.
I do agree with you in one thing that critiques can help others to improve in their art. However, it feels like you failed at giving a proper one. What I read in your "critique" basically says "you suck, stop drawing completely", so it is indeed an insult towards AnimeFan. None of your critiques sound credible and efficient. Try again when sober.

No offense, but hell you suck. No offence though.
DekaPink
Favorite Loli

Post by DekaPink »

>.> <.<

AnimeFan, I like your Go-Onger Christmas art~

... I wish Hanto would wrap my package this Christmas. XD
Solidus
UNKNOWN HARD ERROR!
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Blade
Dreamy: Mika, Ran
Favorite Actor?: Cobb
Favorite Band: LCD Soundsystem
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: shiny objects

Post by Solidus »

Bauffie wrote:Hell, I hate you guys for spamming all this before me. XD
BoukenCobalt wrote:I'm gonna go easy on you since you're still a budding artist. Blablasenselessblabla Critique is basically people's way of pointing out the good and the bad, and hopefully learning about the "bad" and improving upon it--so it can become "good"--is the best way to deal with this.
I do agree with you in one thing that critiques can help others to improve in their art. However, it feels like you failed at giving a proper one. What I read in your "critique" basically says "you suck, stop drawing completely", so it is indeed an insult towards AnimeFan. None of your critiques sound credible and efficient. Try again when sober.

No offense, but hell you suck. No offence though.
I personally think his mom's a whore. That's not an insult, it's just my educated guess on the subject. I reserve the right to be completely incorrect, yet above criticism.
AmienZero
NagoSan
Favorite Actor?: Sean Connery
Favorite Band: Instrumental Music
Quote: SILENCE! I KEEL YOU!

Post by AmienZero »

Saejima Kouga wrote:My Flavor? Discuss.
Kouga is flavored? discuss.
"Untouchable Spirit! Rin-Jyu T-Rex-ken!"

SILENCE! I KEEL YOU! *evil stare*
IijumiSoukai
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Tenchi Muyo
2nd Favorite Series: Rescue Fire
Dreamy: Yoko Mitsuya <3
Favorite Actor?: Should I have one?
Favorite Band: Ask above
My boom: Drawing

Post by IijumiSoukai »

Since he type his words with blue font, he must taste like...

Blackberries soaked in blueberry extract! Souka!!
AnimeFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O, Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva, Go-Onger
Favorite Actor?: Sakurada Dori
Favorite Band: ON/OFF
My boom: Vocaloid
Quote: Omae, boku ni tsuraretemiru?

Post by AnimeFan »

Thanks everyone for your support. I am fine with an art critique but that was more of an insult and I felt really hurt by it.
Chabii-
Mega
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Tenimyu

Post by Chabii- »

WAAAY OT. Thanks a lot, Bouken.

Those are some cute Christmas fanarts, AnimeFan. I wish I could color like you. >_>

I had these since early summer. I have no idea where they are now, but judging by the mess in front of me, they're in there. Sorry 'bout the quality, I used my camera for pictures.

Eurgh, anatomy, one thing I hate about science....
Hen... shin... TOH!
BoukenCobalt
7X
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Henshin poses

Post by BoukenCobalt »

AnimeFan wrote:Thanks everyone for your support. I am fine with an art critique but that was more of an insult and I felt really hurt by it.
Then maybe art isn't for you. There are others besides me that give such "insulting" critiques, including college professors. In fact, for example, if you were to do a commission for someone, and they don't like the way you did their request, what will you do? You won't get the money. Will you try again? And what if they don't like it a second time?

The world of art is to work hard and improve, insulting or not. Emotions and sensitivity to such a nature is both a building block and an obstacle towards getting better. What you're feeling now is the negative energy that can be converted into your work.

So rather than complaining to me, you should be thankful I gave you a kick in the pants. It's what every artist needs.
The truth about deviantArt:
Spoiler
gekiwaza
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Keitai Sousakan 7
Dreamy: The KS7 female cast
My boom: mic

Post by gekiwaza »

It's called fanart, not Go-onger art done by professionals. Like many have said critiquing is one thing, but most of your comments were just plain rude. Maybe your choice of words would have been more acceptable in an college art class or a studio, however here they only make you look like a complete jackass. Remember critiquing a certain way some place may not be as acceptable at another place.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

BoukenCobalt wrote:
AnimeFan wrote:Thanks everyone for your support. I am fine with an art critique but that was more of an insult and I felt really hurt by it.
Then maybe art isn't for you. There are others besides me that give such "insulting" critiques, including college professors. In fact, for example, if you were to do a commission for someone, and they don't like the way you did their request, what will you do? You won't get the money. Will you try again? And what if they don't like it a second time?

The world of art is to work hard and improve, insulting or not. Emotions and sensitivity to such a nature is both a building block and an obstacle towards getting better. What you're feeling now is the negative energy that can be converted into your work.

So rather than complaining to me, you should be thankful I gave you a kick in the pants. It's what every artist needs.
Excuse me for being rude, but I've not had the best of days really, but.. Hey. Fuck you. It's fan art, not professional artistry. I mean seriously, it's not like AnimeFan was trying to sell work or anything. You're just being an asshole for no reason. Have a happy fuckin' New Year.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
AnimeFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by AnimeFan »

I have been trying to be mature about this but now your just getting on my last nerve. Like said before I haven't taken any university art classes.

You better be a top art student otherwise your just an idiotic asshole and if you are an art student then your a suck up prick who thinks he's knows everything about art and thinks everything he says is right.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

BoukenCobalt wrote:

why do you have to be such a dick, not only do you come across as an arogrant mofo, you sound like a stuck up prick up doesnt know shit about the real world and the world of fan art, i think you would be better off leaving these boards before you upset the wrong person, most of us have kept silent, but by the fact you didnt learn after the first round of abuse, your a f'ing douche bag, what AnimeFan does is for his/her enjoyment and not for some stuck up dick to make rude and unjustified coments, i dont see you posting any shit to be judged, my guess is you cant draw for shit, either shut the hell up or leave these boards
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Bauffie
Save the life
Dreamy: Nakatsu Shuichi
Favorite Actor?: Matsuyama Kenichi
Favorite Band: Gazette
My boom: Hayami's trendy hat

Post by Bauffie »

BoukenCobalt wrote:Then maybe art isn't for you. There are others besides me that give such "insulting" critiques, including college professors. In fact, for example, if you were to do a commission for someone, and they don't like the way you did their request, what will you do? You won't get the money. Will you try again? And what if they don't like it a second time?
Oh hey btw, did anyone commission AnimeFan to draw the Christmas Go-Onger fanarts? Did he claim to be at professional level? You're completely deviating the subject by talking about trying again and whatever if the commissioner doesn't like the art piece. That situation has no correlation or whatsoever with this current problem with you giving absolutely no constructive criticism.
Congratulations! You are now a muse!
That's where I have a problem with you. You said "Give yourself quite a few years before you display your talents", but if AnimeFan never displays his work, how will he ever be able to receive the necessary criticism? But now, you're telling him that criticism helps him to improve. "Hey, don't post your art, but criticism helps you." You speak like you know so much, but I have yet to see a concrete example. It just looks like your claims have no evidence.
Chabii-
Mega
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Tenimyu

Post by Chabii- »

BOUKENCOBALT. I'M SO GONNA KICK YOU IN THE PANTS.

Well, you wanna know something? COLLEGE PROFESSORS GIVE BETTER CRITIQUES THAN YOU. A lot of friends actually loved AnimeFan's drawings. Some even asked what show and who drew. (Told them it was a Japanese show and whoever drew it was an awesome fanart artist)

Y'know, I usually draw when I'm turning emo. And all those drawings don't even convey my emo-ness. As much as I could remember, the Hant/Gunpei ones were drawn when I was depressed. SO, YEAH. EXPLAIN THAT, MR. PROFESSOR-HEAD.

Sorry to mods and admins.

Merry Christmas to all~ Hope you guys at the other end have better traffic than here in the Philippines. xD
Hen... shin... TOH!
AnimeFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by AnimeFan »

I dont care what he thinks I'm not letting that Scrooge ruin my mood on Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone

Return to “Engine Sentai Go-Onger”