Shinkenger 49 released (Read first post)

Kinda like ninjas, but not
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Go-Onger | Shinkenger | Goseiger >
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Re: Shinkenger 49 released (Read first post)

Post by Deka_Hero »

So the samurai, having defeated Doukoku, go there separate ways.....well, kind of, until the OVT in june.

Mako going to Hawaii to be with her parent's was expected, as with Ryu going back to Kabuki.

They never really said what Kotoha was gonna do now (i assume she'll go back home to the woods), and with Chiaki it's implied he's gonna try to get into collage (or just go back to the gamecenter, whatever he feel's like).

And Genta going to France.....i wonder if he will bump into Tendou over there?
Squall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Rider-Man!
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Hana
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Squall »

Silent_X wrote:The actors seemed to be pretty good at their role calls.

Genta's seems like it would be the hardest.
I thought so as well.
He has to spin around and get the blade back in the sheath. xD
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

And Genta going to France.....i wonder if he will bump into Tendou over there?
lol. It would make a mean crossover, but also shows that Tendou needs 3+ years to find any?
Chariot
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Izumi Hina

Post by Chariot »

Goodbye, Kotoha! I'll miss your cute hairstyles and legs! :cry:

I liked this ending well enough, but I would feel a little discontented if I didn't know there was a little more to come in the future.

Suitless roll call was sweetdiculous.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I hate to do this to you Azazel, but the HD encode is bugged once more. 21:35 at the scene change, the IVTC goes bad until the episode ends and it cuts to the Goseiger promo.

Good episode though, and thanks to all the TV-N staff for another great year of subbing Sentai.:)
HIDragonstar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo, Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojiro
Dreamy: Kaoru, Kotoha,Wakana

Post by HIDragonstar »

I CAN'T BELIEVE ITS ALL OVER... oh wait.. got the OVA and next VS.... but still...

This sure has raised standards of my view of Sentai. This is probably by far my most favorite of the Sentai's that I've watched from TV-Nihon. You guys do the best job! I can't wait to see you do more and more!

I liked how the mecha 'devolved' with more and more of the origami getting blown away, and then getting back to basics with the finishing blow. I also found the last fight so similar to Takeru's duel with Juuzo in Ep 26 where he just kept going and cut him down.

Not sure how I liked Ryuu getting the finishing blow on Doukoku's 1st life. Still, doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

Gee... Tanba... having an Omiai for a 14yr old? How old do you have to be to get married in Japan? Granted, there was a nice BIG FAN hit on Tanba... but still in this day and age? Then again, they are pretty anachronistic.
Chariot wrote:Goodbye, Kotoha! I'll miss your cute hairstyles and legs! :cry:
I just loved how everyone is leaving the mansion and everyone has like 3+ pieces of luggage, but Kotoha has just this single bag on her back. (But then, she doesn't wear that much anyway... jk.. :D )

Don't want it to end... they really broke out of the old 'mold' of Sentai's with this series. I wish it would keep going. I know the OVA and the next vs is still coming up, but still I almost wish it would keep going.

ViRGE wrote:I hate to do this to you Azazel, but the HD encode is bugged once more. 21:35 at the scene change, the IVTC goes bad until the episode ends and it cuts to the Goseiger promo.
Is that what I saw around there also? Don't know enough about the specifics, but I still have enough of my 'video eye' to see that. Is there going to be v2 out if possible? If not, I was going to archive and setup my seeding for this series.
People say that the real world isn't black or white, its shades of gray. I prefer to think its a rainbow spectrum, when any color is dark enough, its black, when any color is light enough, its white. Yet, there is a spectrum of cultures and values.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

Awesome Series. Thanks for Subbing it TV Nihon!
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Post by lonegamer7 »

HIDragonstar wrote:Gee... Tanba... having an Omiai for a 14yr old? How old do you have to be to get married in Japan? Granted, there was a nice BIG FAN hit on Tanba... but still in this day and age? Then again, they are pretty anachronistic.
Actually, there are still omiai being held nowadays.
cavesniper
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Favorite Band: Anything that Rocks
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Sentai/Kamen Rider

Post by cavesniper »

Downloading now, another great sentai series is done

Another great job and looking forward to Goseiger
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

What a spectacular ending everyone got involved except for Shitari but we have to save him for the Vs. special. It was great seeing Jii get involved and coming to the rescue of the team, seeing him in action I kinda wish he would've done more fighting in the series. I'd say my only qualm is Kaoru basically relinquishing the house to Takeru, I was hoping she would've stayed around and Takeru would've gone on his way to do whatever.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Bluntasaur
7X
Dreamy: Natsuki/BoukenYellow
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: PANGYA!
Quote: "You have the right to remain silent, so shut the fuck up!" - Chris Rock, Lethal Weapon 4

Post by Bluntasaur »

Well, this is it. Another great Super Sentai series has ended its run. And a very nice final ep to top it all off.

A few noteables:

*Doukoku really seems to relish nothing more than seeing people beg for mercy. I was half-expecting one of the Shinkengers to call him a slimy, puss-filled bag of worm-ridden filth. (Cookies for anyone who gets the reference)

*Jii turned badass overnight.

*Suitless roll call? Meh, it's been done.

*Now a kamikaze mecha attack? THAT I've never seen. BTW, I'd LOVE to know how they came out of that explosion still standing.

*When everyone was packing, did anyone notice the two kuroko hugging?

*I liked how the end credits rolled right as everyone left. It felt like a real finisher to the series.

*Gotta love how Jii pulled out that same guitar he always played during the ED theme. And TBH, I hope Takeru DOES take up some other interests.
Draiken wrote:
Now, I wonder what's Takeru going to do...

-Draiken Talkos
First thing he'll prolly do is go play some Dice-O. :P
monritche wrote:
>I was also wondering why did Doukoku why did he leave the hurt heroes there.
A classic villain cliché called "letting the heroes live because you think you're invincible only to have your arrogance come back to bite you in the ass"
Catastrophe wrote:Shitari had what, one battle the whole series if I can recall and he runs away? Hopefully his survival is used as a plot point for the DVD that is coming out this year.
Shitari's a hugger. not a fighter. :P
One thing I noticed was that Chiaki didn't do his usual pose where he rubs the blade between his fingers. Did he do this other alternate pose at any other time throughout the series at all?
Not in the series itself, but he DID do it during his special henshin in the Kamen Rider Decade crossover ep.
kajiRider wrote:Thank you guys for subbing this series from start to... well it hasnt finished yet huh? we still have the team-up, the movie, and the ova to go. XD
Okay, what's this OAV everyone keeps going on about?
HIDragonstar wrote:
Gee... Tanba... having an Omiai for a 14yr old? How old do you have to be to get married in Japan? Granted, there was a nice BIG FAN hit on Tanba... but still in this day and age? Then again, they are pretty anachronistic.
Wait, SHE'S ONLY 14?! Weird. She seemed to be around Takeru's age.

I just loved how everyone is leaving the mansion and everyone has like 3+ pieces of luggage, but Kotoha has just this single bag on her back. (But then, she doesn't wear that much anyway... jk.. :D )
Didya notice that Ryuunosuke had a fricking ton of luggage? Just how much did he bring from home?

And for that matter, why do they even HAVE luggage? Didn't they all head straight to Takeru as soon as Jii sent those arrow messages back in the first ep? Somehow I doubt they had time to stop at home and pack.

All in all, a great ending to a great sentai series, and another great subbing job by TV-Nihon.

Now get some rest, boys. You're gonna need it.

Because next week......GOSEIGER!
Rule 34 of #TV-Nihon:

It is always Decade's fault. No exceptions.
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

:cry: (you'll see alot of this in my post)

Loved every minute of the show and damn im not surprised some of us are crying that its over...

Anyway yea the battle choreography was just awesome here, Sucks to see that Shitari didn't do anything tho so hopefully he's the head honcho in the V cinema coming in June. And hell yes to the suitless roll call and a majority of the fighting done by the actors rather than the suit actors. They actually emulated the poses quite nicely.

Jii coming into battle with a katana and spear was epic too, shame he didn't come in with his motorbike to do some Kamen Rider esque stuff while he was at it.

nice to see that Tanba was being sincere to Takeru for a change. wtf at how he made the double disc.

Double Rekka Daizantou was just awesome, i guess thats more effective than using a Super Shinkenmaru? I guess this fits TN's banner that says "Theres no kill.....like Overkill" :lol:

And mecha battle was epic, i like how they had the cockpit burning a bit and shreding. And i doubt the Origami's were destroyed cause they were pretty much knocked off in the same fashion as in Akumaro's debut episode. Tho that was a pretty nasty stab Shinken-Oh took but imo, fighting to the death is the way to go!

And of course the ending, just felt really sad :cry: . Ryuu's dance was nice actually and it was interesting to see that everyone left in reverse role call order starting with Genta etc. The music was just sad too that you can't help but cry :cry: .

Normally they usually end by either playing the ending theme like normal, or play the OP (like what Deka did) But i guess they aren't gonna play it till the V-Cinema since that seems to be where the true ending is at.

Interesting way the handoff was done, Overall it was a fun ride and is the best Sentai in my book. Looking forward to the movies and the Special Act but for now saraba Shinkengers! And a job well done by the TV-Nihon staff! You guys are awesome.

Now on to Goseiger! (And we'll see if they live up the word Epic. Cocky bastards :P )
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

Bluntasaur wrote:
Okay, what's this OAV everyone keeps going on about?
Shinkenger is getting a special final OAV Act. Which makes sense because while there were no loose ends, there was still a lot of hints that it could go on.

Another year, another Sentai done. Though this will be remembered in more than one way for years to come.

Time to Tensou!
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

garfield15 wrote: Shinkenger is getting a special final OAV Act. Which makes sense because while there were no loose ends, there was still a lot of hints that it could go on.

Another year, another Sentai done. Though this will be remembered in more than one way for years to come.

Time to Tensou!
Well The more correct term would be V-cinema, cause OAV or OVA would be refering that its animated.
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

HIDragonstar wrote:Gee... Tanba... having an Omiai for a 14yr old? How old do you have to be to get married in Japan?
Surprisingly, I once read somewhere that a whopping 10% of marriages in Japan are still arranged through a semi-updated omimai system.

I think marriage age is 16 for girls, 18 for boys, but you still need parent's permission if you're under 20.

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”