Kamen Dancer Kabuto

Because having more riders than a Sentai team can be good.
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Hibiki | Kabuto | Den-O >
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Kamen Dancer Kabuto

Post by Lunagel »

Apparently this guy just started walking down the suburbs of Tokyo dancing....as Kabuto.

Video and explanation here: http://www.lifeyou.tv/kamen-dancer-kabuto-vol1/
Hikikomori-san
7X
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Blade/555/Ryuki
Favorite Band: NoGod
My boom: Deluhi/Crossfaith
Quote: "Bandai laughs at our pain...and drinks our tears." - Vangelus

Re: Kamen Dancer Kabuto

Post by Hikikomori-san »

Nice find! While it's not the first Kamen Rider dancing vid I've seen (I've only watched Blade+555 and Rising Mighty Kuuga...), it's the first vid I've watched where the Kamen Rider can't dance.

Awesome suit, but uh, Tendou Souji can't dance eh. T_T

It was kool how he attracted all those kids tho in the suit, and being recognized by all those people. I guess cosplaying a Kamen Rider has more of an effect on the general Japanese audience (kids especially) rather than cosplaying an Anime character. Or at least, cosplaying a Kamen Rider attracts a lot of kids.

That's right pedophiles. Kamen Rider cosplaying is the way to go. >_>
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Gunzy »

The dancers suit was pretty well made, but it kinda looked restricting so maybe that's why he wasn't doing so much.

I wonder if you dressed up as Den-O in some random Japanese suburb would you get the same result or something much different?
ImageImage
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

The suit looked pretty loose around the legs, so I doubt it was too inhibitive. I think he's just not a great dancer. Or maybe he was trying to mimic Kabuto's subtlety.
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Gunzy »

You need both to pull off such amazing dance moves though? Maybe we'll see more movement once he shoots his next video.
ImageImage
LifeYou
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: kamen rider kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: space sherif gavan
My boom: Japan ^^;
Quote: " My evolution is faster than the light. Nothing in the whole universe can keep up with my evolution."

Post by LifeYou »

hey, a friend tell me about this post ^^

So to answer all the question :

1/ yes I am very restricted in my mouvement.. I can't move the top of my body as I want.. the shoulder part of the armor for exemple can't move,.. I have to do some modification on the costume ;-) .. and to be able to move my leg, I had to make the costume larger.. that s why it look like a baggy blue jean ^^;

2/ I had a lot of problem to synchronized the image with the music, when I made the vid.. I can't hear the music on the vid.. and since i was disctubed by poeple ( lot of kids) I didn t dance on the all music haha, only some part of it.. so it was not easy hihi
and made it in complete free style mode, choosing a random music at the last moment..

if you are interested, the next video will be much better, I guess.. no more free style.. and and and, I will do it in Shibuya :-D

BTW, thanks for your comment, it will improve my style ;-)

see you
" Even if the world were full of enemies, there is someone you must protect."

Video made in Japan on http://www.lifeyou.tv
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

The costume designers are unforgiving. :P It's amazing the suit actors are able to do so much when their movement is so limited. I congratulate you on your attempt and I look forward to the next one.
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

XD reminds me of Danny Choo dancing around in a Stormtrooper costume.

Suit itself isn't bad, but the legs are just too loose. Least he customized the belt 8)
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
monritche
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: KS7, Ultraman, KR
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto
Favorite Band: Orange Range
My boom: mouse-clicking

Post by monritche »

Gunzy wrote:I wonder if you dressed up as Den-O in some random Japanese suburb would you get the same result or something much different?
You'll attract gangs, even worse a Yakuza.
LifeYou
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: " My evolution is faster than the light. Nothing in the whole universe can keep up with my evolution."

Post by LifeYou »

ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM wrote:XD reminds me of Danny Choo dancing around in a Stormtrooper costume.

Suit itself isn't bad, but the legs are just too loose. Least he customized the belt 8)
Yep, one day, we will do a kabuto vs trooper battle dance in Shibuya or somewhere.. maybe next month.. when DAnny cme back from europe..

as for the legs, I know.. I can make it less large then this, but if I do that, I can't even sit on a chair.. so make a dancing video will be impossible ^^

The first video was most a test then other thing.. I wanted to see how I can move on the costume, and what I can and can't do on the suit.. I didn't planned to upload this video on youtube, but a lot of friends living in europe and US, wanted to see the vid! ..so...

Well hope to do better on the next one... I will make a scenario and prepare some dance steps.. but who knows.. when you are in the middle of the street, with everybody looking at you, maybe the free style will take advantage ^^;

Hikikomori-san
7X
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Blade/555/Ryuki
Favorite Band: NoGod
My boom: Deluhi/Crossfaith
Quote: "Bandai laughs at our pain...and drinks our tears." - Vangelus

Post by Hikikomori-san »

Good to know that the dancing wasn't because of the person inside the suit xD

Looking forward to your next Kabuto dancing vid - with a Star Wars crossover! (maybe) =D

How long did it take for the suit to be finished?
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

LifeYou wrote:
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM wrote:XD reminds me of Danny Choo dancing around in a Stormtrooper costume.

Yep, one day, we will do a kabuto vs trooper battle dance in Shibuya or somewhere.. maybe next month.. when DAnny cme back from europe..

as for the legs, I know.. I can make it less large then this, but if I do that, I can't even sit on a chair.. so make a dancing video will be impossible ^^

The first video was most a test then other thing.. I wanted to see how I can move on the costume, and what I can and can't do on the suit.. I didn't planned to upload this video on youtube, but a lot of friends living in europe and US, wanted to see the vid! ..so...

Well hope to do better on the next one... I will make a scenario and prepare some dance steps.. but who knows.. when you are in the middle of the street, with everybody looking at you, maybe the free style will take advantage ^^;
ah thats understandable then. Guess you need a lil more freedom to do a dance off then XD

does Danny even still dance around? Haven't really read his blog for a while or seen any new videos.
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
LifeYou
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by LifeYou »

yes he still dance arround Tokyo.. But more for tv-show, then for him self ^^;
I think he will do something with the trooper armor in London or Paris during his trip..

Hikikomori-san : it did take almost one month to complete the costume, but I didn't made the armor myself.. I do not have the materials for.. ( resin, glass fiber,..) 16kg in total ^^; The one who made it came from Thailand.
I only made some change on the fixation, the interior of the helmet, the "leather" adjustment,...

Know I would like to buy a new belt, with a zecter that make sound.. but a metal one if possible, I do not want one in plastic.. I am looking for, but didn't find it for the moment..

see ya

Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Dude, tell me when you're going to be in costume in Shibuya, I'd like to see it for myself XD
LifeYou
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by LifeYou »

no prob ;-)
If the weather is good, I think I will go on saturday.. ( don't know yet if I am going to dance or just doing a little walk, to see the reaction of people)

Check the announcement on the top right of my website to know at what time I go ( if I go ) ^^;

mata ne

Return to “Kamen Rider Kabuto”