KR W 37 released

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR W 37 released

Post by takenoko »

Wow, W is getting some major story

Spoiler
First thing, oh crap. Philip and Wakana meet... and nothing happened. What's this mean, is he not her little brother after all? I wonder if he's actually the old professor's son

Liked the theme of cellphones used to talk about who one really is. Even though they're face to face, they still hide behind a cellphone. It's a fitting image. Wakana looks cute this week

This episode really shows how much Philip's character has changed across the series. At first he seemed really detached and unsocial, and now he's almost like a regular guy

No idea who the guy in the white suit is

Shroud sure likes her revenge. And she seems to hate Sonozaki Ryuubee. I wonder why?

Wow, the goth maid was cute. They refer to her as just the grasshopper woman on the Asashi site. She's played by Tsukui Minami http://yaplog.jp/tsukui_minami/ Apparently she was a girl in the Saraba Den-O movie plus she's a member of Japanese Action Enterprise http://www.japanactionenterprise.com/jae/tsukui.html
So, more hopper people with weird ankle things

Saeko fell in the water... clearly she has died. Clearly

I'm actually kind of worried about Wakana. The whole situation is too Faizlike for my comfort. I kind of feel like they're just building the relationship to give Philip someone important to lose so that he can be angry about it. You'd think that Wakana is too major a character for that, except they totally do this in Faiz and Kiva

lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Re: KR W 37 released

Post by lonegamer7 »

Grasshopper Lady is CREEPY. Interesting in that when she's with others like Watcher-man and that guy in white, she uses "Taberu?" whereas when she's with Ryubee, she uses the politer "Tabemasu?".

And she's eating GRASSHOPPERS?! That has got to be uncomfortable for the Showa riders, especially Ichigo and Nigo. :shock: Yes, I know insects are consumed due to high protein but low fat, and are considered either a delicacy or part of a main meal.
Last edited by lonegamer7 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I've eaten a grasshopper before, it's not a big deal. As you imagine, it's kind of crunchy
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Post by lonegamer7 »

I know. :P It's just that most of the early Showa Kamen Riders was based off of the grasshopper design-wise, so she's like, in some meta-sense, eating the early Riders when she transforms into the Grasshopper Dopant. :3

XD Ryuu says "This clinches it". Not exactly a title-drop, but close. Saeko's line to the Masquerade Dopants automatically made me think "Who the hell do you think I am?" from Gurren Lagann. :mrgreen: Wrong parsing, but I couldn't help it.
SpinelSun
Faiz
Favorite series: Kabuto,Decade,@DEEP
2nd Favorite Series: Magi,Deka,Shinken
Dreamy: Matsushima Hatsune
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by SpinelSun »

takenoko wrote:
Spoiler
Shroud sure likes her revenge. And she seems to hate Sonozaki Ryuubee. I wonder why?
Maybe she's Sonozaki "Mama"? That's my theory anyway.

Still no closer to seeing who Soukichi's client who wanted to save Philip was. Though it was probably just Shroud.... :(
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

When you have Shoutarou kick off an episode by saying that the current case will shake up their fates, you had better believe him. (Last time I remember him saying something that blunt, Kirihiko literally bit the dust.) But what I loved about this episode is you didn't need Shoutarou to hit you over the head with the foreshadowing. During the whole episode, there's this tangible feeling that big stuff is happening. Answers are popping up and all of the players are being moved into place to ramp up for the final arc.

Philip has to be the brother. "Ten years" has been thrown around a lot ever since the arc where Xtreme debuted, so I'm guessing that was the last time the Sonozaki family was all living under the same roof and Ryuubee made his big push with the Museum. Wakana probably just doesn't recognize Philip as the cute little boy from the flashbacks. And if that's how long Philip was playing secluded Memory developer, it explains why he was so out of touch with reality, too.

The phone calls between Philip and Wakana were adorable. Lots of stuff being said, both directly and in the subtext. It really makes me hope there's a happy ending for them. (But then I remember that this is Kamen Rider and not all that likely.)

I've gotten a Faiz vibe with the Wakana situation too, but I can't make my mind up whether she reminds me more of Yuka or Kiba. She and Philip have the phone buddies connection, which sets her up to be similar to Yuka, but she's also got the moral ambiguity of Kiba's character - technically belonging to the villains, but not gung-ho about advancing their agenda. But yeah, ending up like either of them would be a bittersweet end to her story.

Wow. Grasshopper was in Saraba Den-O? At first I thought she might have been Sora, but then I realized she must be the girl that Ura!Koutarou flirts with to get information about the elephants. Neat connection.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Man poor Accel getting his ass kicked so bad that he couldn't even transformed into Trial.

It's been awhile since Philip and Wakana had any interaction with each other. Yeah things for them are probably going to go bad for them but let's hope not. I'm not counting Saeko out yet. She will come back and try to get revenge on Ryuubei, Wakana, and Mikku. I'm going to bet that the white guy is the messenger from Foundation X since the Hopper Dopant is the executioner for Museum.

What a way to start off the next arc.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Wow alot to digest in this episode, but that grasshopper lady is psycho creepy & Saeko even seemed scared of her. It's hard seeing Saeko fall so low she was 2nd in command at the Museum & now she's being hunted down like a fox, I guess don't betray the Museum unless your super confident you can win.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG! Hopper should be a Kamen Rider!!!!!!111!!!!!eleven!!!!!!!!

I guess that's the closest we'll have to a female rider in W...

That part with Wakana and Phil talking in the phone was kinda cute. Oh, how much fuel for the wincest shippers XDDDD Surprisingly, this arc became a Wakana and Phil arc. Probably they'll say that he is a Sonozaki next ep.

A gothic lolita hitwoman? Neat. She eats grasshoppers. Not so neat...

I think that dropping stuff is the guy in white's wtf reaction. I'm curious about foundation X. What do they want by funding Museum? How can they force Museum to accomplish things if Museum has Gaia Memories? He probably rescued Saeko. We all know that falling into a river never means death in a KR series.

Phil knowing that Saeko was Wakana's sister (which makes sense, since she is the CEO of a big company) makes the fact that they never made the connection between Gaia Memories and the Sonozakis worse.
Phoenix512 wrote:I'm going to bet that the white guy is the messenger from Foundation X since the Hopper Dopant is the executioner for Museum.
They made clear in the episode that she is an executioner fo the Museum. We can't be sure about the guy, but deep down we all know he is from Foundation X
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

Mmm.. some classic Kamen Rider evil-organization-abducting-scientists action.
Fitting since I recently watched/read a bunch of older stuff.
takenoko wrote:
Spoiler
Saeko fell in the water... clearly she has died. Clearly
Clearly

edit:
I'm also getting the faiz-ish vibe from Wakana.
Hopefully this won't horribly as this isn't an Inoue series.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
Hyper_Kabuto
Number 6
Number 6

Post by Hyper_Kabuto »

thnx for the subs!

The story's moving forward more this episode...with Saeko on the run and losing the Taboo Memory. The relationship between Philip and Wakana is further explored...which is nice.No talking about the next episode -take

No W next week...sad... :(
[cg]sasuke
Infinity
Quote: "grandma said...."

Post by [cg]sasuke »

There's another theory running in my thought in relation to Begins Night.
maybe Shroud is the client of Sokichi Narumi (Kamen Rider Skull) in Begins Night and she wants revenge to the Sonozaki Clan.
KAMEN RIDER OOO loves Reggae and Jamaica
ImageImage
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself

Post by Tuss4 »

this is turning into a rider version of romeo and juliette real quick. Although, I guess that was obvious early on, but still.

Orenohissatsuclimax
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Naomi Chan~
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Decade

Post by Orenohissatsuclimax »

Did no one get the Narutaki vibe from the way the client was dressed?
ONORE!

But I really like how even through staying with the monster of the arc, it's keeping great plot. First Nazca dying, then Weather,
This show is really becoming Hard Boiled.

They're starting to spam Extreme but at least they actually use the other forms consistently.

The phone scene was really cute..

Can't wait for the next episode!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Yeah, that Hat/Trenchcoat combo is really used a lot in Kamen Rider.

It annoys me when it gets to the point where Xtreme is so powerful, the Dopant has to do something like un-transform/ take a hostage in order to survive until the next arc. Hopefully Ryu will get some revenge.

Also, that guy seems to like dropping stuff. First his hotel keys, then his briefcase. If he has a memory, he'd probably drop that in battle.

Return to “Kamen Rider W”