Ganbaride and Dice-O Review

Super Console Wars: Original Generation
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Ganbaride and Dice-O Review

Post by Lunagel »

I was asked to do this a few months back, so here you go. It's mostly just me playing a few games so you can see the basics. If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask me ^^

Opening Movie
Spoiler

Ganbaride Game 1
Spoiler

Ganbaride Game 2
Spoiler

Ganbaride Game 3
Spoiler

Dice-O Game 1
Spoiler

Dice-O Game 2
Spoiler

Ganbaride EX Stage
Spoiler
Nexus_Schwarz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Ganbaride and Dice-O Review

Post by Nexus_Schwarz »

Man, that looks like fun.

Game 2 of Ganbaride was an interesting one. Both Blacks and Nazca? Wow.

Game 3: On the color, maybe it should be red. Cause when you got yellow it was two stars. And on the finisher, one point from being 1337. XD

Dice-O 1: Two Shinken-Os? Time paradox! *explosion*

Dice-O 2: ...Is that the green Goranger? How's that for old-school. But from what you're saying, here's hoping they can get the other 30 teams soon, cause that sounds like a lot of work to program in.

EX Stage: Dang, that's cold. Although that does seem like a cool way to die. I dunno about you, but when Decade was doing that finisher, I was totally tempted to see another Rider (probably Diend) just kick him out of his cards while he was swirling around building momentum. XD
Nexus_Schwarz... Is taking a nap, do not disturb.

^Sig by Yahiko~
Draiken
Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Magic: The Gathering

Post by Draiken »

That looked pretty awesome. The only card I own as a gift from a friend who came back from a week-long trip to Japan after Tekko (Dice-O: Landick Brothers, btw).

For the scrolling wheel thing in Ganbaride, what do the different symbols represent (the sword, the foot/boot thing, the fist)?
ArcLegend
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: W
My boom: Dragonriders of Pern

Post by ArcLegend »

did you say it was coming out for DS!!!?!
今、あなたの犯罪をカウントします。
Now, count up your crimes.
Nexus_Schwarz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Nexus_Schwarz »

ArcLegend wrote:did you say it was coming out for DS!!!?!
This has already been mentioned.
Nexus_Schwarz... Is taking a nap, do not disturb.

^Sig by Yahiko~
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It's pretty cool how you grabbed the latest version of the op. Did they change the op song again? Too bad these songs for Ganbaride and Dice-O aren't on a CD or something

Wait, Joker Big Slipper? Any idea what it said on the slipper?

Isn't the color based on the type of Riders you use (power, technique, speed)?

Extra stage seems pretty harsh
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

I wish I could play this, argh. I have cards to use too, cause I buy them online, and one vendor I bought from also includes extra random cards with whatever you buy from. That's how I got myself a free Final Form Ride: Kuuga. I was very pleased.

Awesome fight. It looks like it picks who you fight against via level of fangasm, or just sheer awesomeness rather. King and Emperor Forms, as in the only two forms named with regalness, also the two Riders killing each other in the start of the Decade final episodes. And then who wouldn't want to fight with Black RX and Black. At that, I'd have to pull out my Ichigo and Nigo.

Very cool videos, Lunagel. I approve 100%
ImageImage
Wolzard Fire

Post by Wolzard Fire »

Great videos Lunagel !! Definitlly helps if your planing on buying the DS version when it comes out. :D Quick questions:

1. At 3:16 on the 1st Ganbaride video, the green button is for your final attack cards, red is slots (If your allowed to do it), so what is the blue one for ?

2. Does each rider card have a different finisher ? Like if there 5 different W cards, each W card has his own finisher ? If so, that's awesome !! :D I hope we get Big Slipper for the DS !! >:)

Thanks again for posting these videos. :D
DrinkItDown
RYUKI TARDFACE
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Dreamy: Faiz Bar Tender chic
Favorite Band: L'Arc en Ciel
My boom: Cars i suppose

Post by DrinkItDown »

Dice-O looks kind of stupid in comparison to Ganbaride. Although it would be funny if you could put Decade in the Dice-O machine and he would appear like in the Shinkenger arc.
Old school TVN member
formerly FA|RokkumanEXE
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Draiken wrote:For the scrolling wheel thing in Ganbaride, what do the different symbols represent (the sword, the foot/boot thing, the fist)?
Those are the different types of attacks. If you get a boot, then the Rider will kick, and a gun means shoot. The first wheel is the type of attack for your primary rider, the second for your secondary rider. There's a Double Attack boost if you can get both of the same type.
takenoko wrote:Did they change the op song again?
I think the background animation changes with every version but the song stays the same. I don't usually watch the OP animation, so I'm not really sure.
takenoko wrote:Wait, Joker Big Slipper? Any idea what it said on the slipper?
It's Akiko's default slipper of なんでやねん! (What're you doing?!)
takenoko wrote:Isn't the color based on the type of Riders you use (power, technique, speed)?

Probably, but it doesn't seem worth it to me to actually try and coordinate that. I could try, but mostly I just pick and choose riders based on HP and Awesomeness, and the colors flash really fast, so it's a bit of a moot point.
Wolzard Fire wrote:1. At 3:16 on the 1st Ganbaride video, the green button is for your final attack cards, red is slots (If your allowed to do it), so what is the blue one for ?
Green is for Special Cards, Red is for Final Attack and Blue is Do Nothing, so you just attack normally when you hit blue.
Wolzard Fire wrote:2. Does each rider card have a different finisher ? Like if there 5 different W cards, each W card has his own finisher ? If so, that's awesome !! :D I hope we get Big Slipper for the DS !! >:)
Yes, most have different finishers. For example, I have 9 different CycloneJoker cards, each with different attack and defense and artwork, of which, 3 have "Storm Kick" as their finisher, 3 have "Joker Cyclone Kick", 2 have "Joker Extreme" and the one has "Joker Big Slipper".

I don't think Big Slipper will be on the DS cause it's supposed to have sets 1-9, but says nothing about promo cards, which is where I got the Big Slipper from. Which rather sucks in my opinion.
Orenohissatsuclimax
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Naomi Chan~
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Decade

Post by Orenohissatsuclimax »

This game was sooo fun when I went to Japan. Kinda felt bad though because I made a bunch of kids wait behind me for 3 games *A*

But one thing I never got to try....

Does the cards that come with the DX Decadriver work with the ganbaride machine? I've always wondered because I played it when Ganbaride first came out so I wasn't so sure if characters that weren't in that set would work.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Does the cards that come with the DX Decadriver work with the ganbaride machine?[/color

Man that blue is hard to read. Anyway, it should, it's on the list of Ganbaride cards:
http://www.ganbaride.com/cardlist/card. ... gory=68902
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Yes, all cards that come with Drivers work on Ganbaride machines.
omechron
Adventure

Post by omechron »

I'm... not completely sure how I feel about these.

On the one hand... this is basically a gambling game. It's largely chance, you gain a small advantage based on having good cards. As far as I could tell, there isn't much that the player actually brings to the party once the game actually starts. Just a lot of "spin the wheel and/or wail on the button as fast as you can" and the occasional timed button press which was a GREAT idea... in... y'know... the mid 1990s.

Also the graphics seem to be a little primitive. Maybe I'm just a spoiled American, but the textures looked awfully jagged. The animations were a little rough in spots as well, and kind of lazy. Like... before each rider battle, the allied riders seem to kind of glance at each other in the EXACT same animation, regardless of who they are. Even pairs like Black with Black RX that really deserve unique intros. Dice-O, the robot summoning is even worse. They all seem to do the exact same animation, and there's no gattai sequence. The attack animations remind me of Pokemon Stadium from like 10 years ago. Iunno. It just seems like they could do better for a game that costs a little over a dollar for a 3 minute game using cards I already own, offers such limited interactivity, and yet had entire series' (Decade and Goseiger) henshin gimmicks designed specifically to promote them.

buuuuut...

These games are some of the greatest fanservice vehicles I've ever seen. And, as a fan, I like to be serviced. Dice-O especially seems to have near unlimited potential for amusing scenarios. Like, you could make an all special ranger team, an all red team, or just your favorites from each show. Then have them pilot a completely unrelated robot just because it seems right. I know I would pay way more than 100 yen to see 5 green rangers, led by Burai, pile into Pirate Gosei Great and blow the crap out of a Daizyujin piloted by Shinken Brown and his harem of pink rangers.

Also, these games are clearly created by someone with a strong understanding of human psychology and addictive behavior. Each play gets you a random card whether you win or lose. So it's almost like a capsule toy machine with a video game stuck to it. I could easily see standing in front of this thing for an hour and dropping 20 bucks in a vain hope of getting that kickass Dragon Caesar or Kick Hopper card.

So yeah. I'd probably play it.

Some Questions:

1) Ganbaride has a diagram on the left of a gaia memory and a double driver. Does it take gaia memories somehow too? Or do you win one if you beat the cheating bastard special stage?

2) Am I correct in assuming the Double with the slipper attack was Akiko-double from the Nightmare arc?

3) Do the cards you win from the game do anything in a Decadriver or Tensouder?
DiEndRus
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: BS Abaranger
Dreamy: Yui Satonaka
Favorite Actor?: Kagami Arata
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by DiEndRus »

I'm feeling some kind of butthurt because this game was released only in Japan.

Return to “Games”