Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Shinkenger | Goseiger | Gokaiger >
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Goseiger 17 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

It's a lot of new things in this episode. New enemy, new hairstyles for the girls, and a new ally. Wait what now? I don't remember a new ally in the preview. When did Sentai start not showing the new ally in the preview?

Spoiler
Even though the preview didn't spoil the appearance of GoseiKnight, the opening did. So they didn't include the Earth Scandal Group in the opening but they include GoseiKnight in it instead. I just don't understand.

Man I heard that the Earth Scandal Group became stronger through pollution, I immediately thought of the Gairak. We all were thinking that Buredoran was going the new enemies but I don't think we would suspect that he was already a member of the Earth Scandal Group from before. He even changed his appearance from before. I think these guys are going to be interesting or at least the monsters of the week are going to be.

And there's GoseiKnight who has the power of Knightick. Is it a new tribe or a rank? He seems to have interesting abilities including the ability to transform into a Headder. I really hope that there's another mode because that giant battle wasn't good at all.

As for Eri's and Moune's new hairstyles, Eri looks a bit better while Moune looks more mature.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Goseiger 17 released

Post by takenoko »

>When did Sentai start not showing the new ally in the preview?

I thought they did though, albeit very quickly

>So they didn't include the Earth Scandal Group in the opening but they include GoseiKnight in it instead. I just don't understand.

Yeah, I thought that was weird too. Sometimes Japan just doesn't make any attempt to surprise

>As for Eri's and Moune's new hairstyles, Eri looks a bit better while Moune looks more mature.

I don't know if I like those

GoseiKnight has a deep manly voice. He's pretty cool. I like the way he roars when he grows bigger
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Yeah take, I just checked the preview and they did show him. I thought that was a guy from the Earth Scandal Group.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald

Post by takenoko »

I think they edited the scenes to imply that since the enemies appear right after. Probably would have worked better without the Gosei mark though
Alkaid
Boyz boyz boyz
omg are u a girl?: Yes
Favorite series: Rescue Fire/Double
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o/Magi/Deka
Dreamy: Philip/Shoutarou
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Qsuke!

Post by Alkaid »

Very cool introduction for GoseiKnight and having him transform into the GoseiMachine itself was a pretty cool twist (and totally made me think of Magiranger)

Also, I much prefer the the new "Gotcha" voice for GoseiKnight's Magiphone Tensouder. Could be wrong on this one but isn't that the same vocal used for the "DekaBase, Stand Up!", etc?

And rather interesting that we haven't seen GoseiKnight's non-transformed form (though it is only his first episode so we still have a ways to go), makes me think there's a lot more to this Goseiger than meets the eye and I'm much looking forward to finding out more.

(Don't mind such a completely stupid question on my end, but doesn't this seem more and more like Magiranger in the fact that we've had 1 bad organization go down and we haven't even really reached a halfway point? Maybe it's my lack of Sentai series under my belt (being Deka, Magi and Shinken) but I thought that it's normally 1 bad-guy organization per season? Maybe I just haven't had enough Sentai viewing seasons to get if there's that sort of pattern to things yet. XD )
Yuusuke: BLACK RX?
Decade. No... This is... Saban's Masked Rider no Sekai. Alright, let's go.
Natsumi: WHAT? You're not going to help this world's Rider?
Decade: BELIEVE ME, it's better if they all die.

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

GoseiKnight definitely has some homages thrown in. He reminds me a lot of BullBlack/MagiShine (I think he needs a cape, especially to cover up the thing on his back that is supposed to connect to the rest of his Gosei Machine body), but he also looks slightly riderish (IXA springs to mind). Definitely digging on the voice for his phone changer, although it undergoes some blatant size changing from his belt to his hand.
Without jumping the gun to soon, it looks like he doesn't have a human form at this time, as if the headder form is the real form. I suppose we'll find out later. I was wondering how he'd use cards in his Groundeon form, but the seem to cop out and not bother attempting to explain it and just do it. Hopefully his Machine form will be able to transform or combine later on, it looks real cool at the moment anyway :D
Also, Buredoran appearing at the end seems to thicken the plot even more. Has he been one of these jokers from that start? Then why was he with the Warstar? Only time will tell, and I can't wait!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

MagiRanger only had one bad guy organization though? And the DekaRangers didn't fight a single organization throughout the series. There's no reason to assume that a single series has only one enemy group through it all
prsentai
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club

Post by prsentai »

Alkaid wrote:(Don't mind such a completely stupid question on my end, but doesn't this seem more and more like Magiranger in the fact that we've had 1 bad organization go down and we haven't even really reached a halfway point? Maybe it's my lack of Sentai series under my belt (being Deka, Magi and Shinken) but I thought that it's normally 1 bad-guy organization per season? Maybe I just haven't had enough Sentai viewing seasons to get if there's that sort of pattern to things yet. XD )
Boukenger had three organizations and magiranger had 3 (or 1 depending on how you want to count it)
Kiva Jyu Fly Ken Tatsulot
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Also, I'm not to fond of that deep choir like sound on his introduction and played a few other times in the battle. It kinds of ruins the battle song a wee bit, which is a kick ass song as well.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Okay, I find the Blob monster design disturbing. =/ Weird, why do they show the Warstar being destroyed instead of showing the Earth Scandal Group?

Lol the battle b/w the MOTW and Groundion reminds me of Crush Gear. Especially with all the spinning. You know, the toy?

Wait, Buredoran!? With a new design? Sweet.

I like Knight's voice. But he looks more like some armoured warrior then a sentai member to me. >< And his line of "I have detected the source of the Earth's pollution." If that's the case, shouldn't he be attacking stuff like power plants and factories that give off toxic waste/pollution? Why did he only appear now when the Yuumaju revive?
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself

Post by Tuss4 »

Spoiler
if doggy kreuger and kibaranger had a baby he would be goseiknight. imo it looked like groundion may have a second level transformation.
LOL Chupacabra
Check out my blog/portfolio click on my sig!

kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

I started this episode and up until the halfway point I was going "Okay, standard stuff, the new bad guys look sort of cool, but nothing really interest...wait who's that guy? Wait did he turn into a Headder? OH GOD BUREDORAN WHAT."

Okay, so now I look like a chump for my insistence that Buredoran was totally done when the ship exploded. I admit I was wrong! Still, I wonder why he was with Warstar anyway? Though Dereputa's distrust of him seems to have been well-founded at least.

And since the sixth member last series was the friendly "Hey guys let's fight together!" type, I guess it's time for the "ARGH I DON'T LIKE YOU LEAVE ME ALONE" type. Actually I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with this guy. I'm sure he'll remain a mystery for at least two or three more episodes before they finally show us what his deal is.

And I also like the voice for his Tensouphone (not the real name I'm sure).
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

Wow, the Leon Cellular has a English Voice. hearing "Summon - Vulcan Headder" or "Change - GoseiKnight" said like i would say it is neat.
Plus its the same voice as the DekaBase's English voice :D .
Battra
Humongous
omg are u a girl?: Yes
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Wow they crammed alot of stuff into this episode, and they managed to make it work naturally with out it seeming like to much was going on. Suit designs for the Yuumajuu were pretty interesting, I like the way the cryptid designs are incorporated into the overall costume very creative. So I guess the countdown is on as to how long Yuumajuu's going to be in the series, will they get the same send off Warstar got?
Last edited by Battra on Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
siburns

Post by siburns »

I like the voice as well. reminds me of the announcer from Marvel vs Capcom 2.

Also the Goseiknight reminds me of the Magna Defender from Lost Galaxy, shows up, kicks ass, and leaves the red ranger hangin'.

Spoiler
Makes me wonder if Goseiknight isn't going to end up being Hyde's missing partner. I refuse say dead cause his body was never found. So it could happen.

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”