Wiki Link

< Go-Onger | Shinkenger | Goseiger >
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Shinkenger Returns released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Samurai_Se ... pecial_Act

The Shinkengers are forced to go through a series of fantasies which they could die from. Will they die in a fantasy world without realizing the truth about themselves.
Spoiler
I have to say Kotoha in the Samurai and Space fantasy was looking much better compared to the series itself. The School fantasy was just creepy with the drag and the picture below.

The Jungle fantasy was quite funny with Ryuu being the lord while Takeru does what Ryuu usually does as general announcer. Along with wearing their origami into their Shinkenger forms. I wish I would understand why the small hat thing on idols is so popular in Japan. I don't think I could handle any more additions to the title as they go through fantasy worlds.

I had to laugh in the end when everyone (except for Ryuu) that the exact same image of Takeru of sitting. There was one thing that interest me in this. Here's a list of the fantasies and who imagine them.

Samurai - Takeru
Cowboy - Genta
Cop - Chiaki
School - Kotoha
Jungle - Ryuu
Idol - Mako
Space - ?

So if the Shinkengers created each fantasy, who imagined the Space fantasy? Was it the Ayakashi, DaiGoyou, or Jii himself?
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Re: Shinkenger Returns released

Post by lonegamer7 »

CREEPY EYES! :shock: RUN AWAY!
EndlessWaltz24
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Hirata Yuka (Mele)
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by EndlessWaltz24 »

OMG thanks! Grrrr... my internet needs to be faster, but I'll put in a meaningful comment after I watch it XD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I don't really know about all the fantasies. They were kind of amusing, but I was kind of hoping more of an epilogue to "we've defeated Doukoku, so what else do we have going on?" Since most of the movie occurs in the fantasy, we're kind of robbed of any further development that could have happened. This movie could have taken place at any point during the series almost

But I like Shinkenger and I am glad to have gotten more of it in some form. I guess my favorite story was the detective one. Chiaki the brash cop and Mako the sexy, hard-boiled chief was great

The message at the end was touching. It's always sad when a show you enjoy comes to an end, especially for little kids. So it's nice that they were able to make this as a parting gift to the viewers

I'm also glad we were able to do the DVD care thing for this. Toei's been adding that segment to their movies lately. It's always nice to be able to do cute things like that. If we hadn't used that, I think we would have used the "No more movie theft" CM
Nnnkingston
Salami Commander
Favorite series: W or Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Rescue Force or Geki
Favorite Band: Coldplay
My boom: Filmmaking
Quote: "If you do not fight, you will not survive!" - from Ryuki

Post by Nnnkingston »

I didn't even think this was out yet.
TV-Nihon never ceases to amaze me. Torrenting now.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I haven't seen the posts of "downloading it now and can't wait to see" for a long time now. Please don't post those because they contribute nothing at all. Come back when you seen it.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

School fantasy is just disturbing. lol.
Phoenix512 wrote:Samurai - Takeru
Cowboy - Genta
Cop - Chiaki
School - Kotoha
Jungle - Ryuu
Idol - Mako
Space - ?

So if the Shinkengers created each fantasy, who imagined the Space fantasy? Was it the Ayakashi, DaiGoyou, or Jii himself?
I'm guessing the Ayakashi. I mean it's also the only fantasy where we don't see Takeru seated on his usual pedestal. It's pretty hilarious how Takeru found his roles in the different illusions lame, after all he just sits there. Another funny point would be how Takeru did the "Too Long" thingy to the narration as well. Gave me a little laugh there.

Something which caught my attention:
Spoiler

So now we know where Origamis originate from...

I'd have loved it if they had a short scene explaining how they got together again. But the movie's still good.
ElKevo86
7X
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: "I just tell the truth. If that hurts you, that's your fault."

Post by ElKevo86 »

It was kinda disappointing that they went this way at first but it was still a lot of fun. Yeah I would have liked something that wrapped everything up but after thinking about this for a while I think it's better that they just had a good time with it and made it silly. If they had done anything else it probably would have just felt like an extended episode and I think that would have been even more disappointing.

I found it interesting that at the end everyone (except Chiaki and Genta) is complaining about their illusions but nobody brought up Kotoha's. So she secretly want's to be a boy and has some kind of weird crush on Mako? Maybe I'm reading too much into it but that was pretty out there, especially for something aimed at kids.

Thanks TV-N for subbing this great series from beginning to end!
Rohanrider
Go Go!
Favorite series: shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Liveman
Dreamy: kotoha
Favorite Band: system of a down
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: heroes

Post by Rohanrider »

hello again tv-nihon , been a while since i last posted i have been trying to catch up on Goseiger.Anyway about the dvd this showed me once again that sentai is well a kids show.Its got a good point but the take care of your dvds thing i found funny, maybe cuz we dont have those in america lol just the anti piracy stuff.

O and takeru cross dressing was probebly the funniest thing i have seen the entire time i have been watching sentai.There is no way in hell that would slide here lmao.But that reinforces my theory that american kids tv show creators are prudes.

I loved and i mean LOVED the jedaigeki samurai bit at the beggining.It fit the show incredibley well and was still amuseing. and ..awesome.

Anyway i enjoyed it and im glad you guys subbed it the ending was funny as well.

Thanks again for a wonderful sub tv nihon
EXCEED CHARGE
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

I like how this one had many small cute moments within, if one pay attention carefully. Such as in Kotoha's dream, the boys (well Takeru, Ryu, etc.) had girly phone straps on their shodephone.

I am sure "what happens to them after" will happen in VS movie, unless it's Super Sentai vs Goseiger instead.

But regardless, I enjoyed this one a lot. Kinda made me sad knowing the fact that the series has already ended, and not being able to see bond that they had, ever again.

Is that two human looking villains at near end of the ep, suit actors or voice actors? Regardless, it's cool to have such cameo like that.

This ep is one when I really wish they had behind the scene or NG scenes because it got to be hilarious to see how actors had to react (especially the cross-dressing dream). Hopefully the cast had good time doing this ep.

Also, if you see facial expressions on some of them, especially during gun fights, you can see they were smiling faintly when it's supposed to be serious scenes. Sort of like they really had fun.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

The school fantasy was truly disturbing. "Are those little hearts in her eyes too?", and then they zoom in and they were. Hilarious. Also for the Mako idol dream, were those female stand-ins for Takeru, Ryuunosuke, and Chiaki? I'm pretty sure they were. And either they got an equally massed stand in for Genta's suit actor or he actually did it! That be great if he did. But it was a fun movie all in all. The cameos from the VA for Doukoku and Shitari were great. I loved those finishing giris they do and we finally got to see a Rokurindan with Genta in it! All I wish was that we got more then 48 mins work but this one actually doesn't feel like it was missing anything.
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!
Anime_freek22
Train man
Favorite series: GARO/Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: well dressed pickles
Quote: "You were right all along Finn. Now I'm going to cut out Bubblegum's heart, and make out with it."

Post by Anime_freek22 »

I just started laughing my ass off at the school scene. But will need some mind soap. Like, a truckload of it. Especially after seeing Takeru.
That aside, this was fun, but I really didn't like it too much. I probably would have enjoyed it more if it was more a serious kind of, oh-snap-new-monsta-get-together-again-and-kick-it's-azz! But that kind of thing is for the vs. Anyway, I still liked it. It was fun and good to see all the actors together again. Kotoha really looked good in the opening scene.
I lost The Game!
Squall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Rider-Man!
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Hana

Post by Squall »

I don't know if anyone posted this, but I loved that 40 minutes into the movie they start the theme.
Must be a new record, or at least to make up for the intro-less VS. Go-Onger.
Or Chiaki ducking down while everyone hides behind Rekka Daizantou xD
Doukoku's voice actor and his sake cup FTW!
Clusterf$&@ reference! 'It's bigger than Ha-Oh!'

Absolutely amazing. I had my mom pick up an actual copy in Japan two weeks ago and I have to say that TVN makes the whole thing much more watchable.
I love you TVN! Thanks for a great subbed series.

That brings this series to an end.

[Had to say it]
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

What the hell was up to Kotoha's Fantasy? She wants to be boy, is in Love with Mako and wants the guys to be girls..............
That was just seer :shock:.
The Les yay supporters of MakoXKotoha must be going wild now.

Anyway, i think we we all expecting a "Epilogue/Where are they know" deal, but the sheer crazyness of this make up for the fact it's not.
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

Silentwolfdog wrote:I am sure "what happens to them after" will happen in VS movie, unless it's Super Sentai vs Goseiger instead.
I don't think so. They seem to save those for the 5/0 numbered ones that I can tell, Gaoranger was 25 and Boukenger was 30. Goseiger is only 34, so we can probably assume that it will be Shinkenger vs. Goseiger and whatever is after Goseiger will have the Super Sentai vs.

Anyway, back on topic!

This was a fun episode but it did feel kind of underwhelming since it's supposedly taking place after the end of the series. I mean Shitari didn't even make an appearance in it which is disappointing. It was still entertaining (although I thought the space one was the weakest of the bunch), and the illusion where the Ayakashi became extremely huge was awesome.

I also find it a bit strange that nobody mentioned Kotoha's illusion at the end of the episode. I guess they all wanted to forget it since the guys were dressed as girls and Kotoha was crushing on Mako...which reminds me, Go-Onger still proves to have changed toku forever with its crossdressing. At least Chiaki made a passable female, and Takeru wasn't TOO bad. Ryuunosuke and Genta make terrible women though.

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”