KR W 41 released

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR W 41 released

Post by takenoko »

Another comic. I guess the cover was screenshotted from this episode?
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Re: KR W 41 released

Post by lonegamer7 »

Okay, who corrupted Phil early on?!

And Rui is rather... obstinate. Even if diamonds are considered one of the hardest substances on Earth, it's also brittle and can be split by a single blow if you know where and how to do so, consider that a diamond can be scratched by another diamond. Although Phil should've known that. Ya know, I actually miss my geology classes when we were covering minerals. *scratch, scratch, scratch*
Last edited by lonegamer7 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Well Philip isn't exactly on his game with Wakana being able to enter the bookcase whenever he does a look-up. Makki deserves whatever punishment he gets from now on after treating Jinno like a common criminal. I guess Shoutarou was a little troublemaker back in the day as Jinno kept chasing him for whatever. Rui seems to be the person who couldn't get over her love rejecting her and thought that being like a diamond would make her feel better and being unable to feel the pain of losing him.

I like the Saeko vs Rui fight. Too bad they couldn't have a Dopant fight but maybe that will be for the next episode.
gyozilla
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: WShinken555RyukiKuga
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O, Kikaider
My boom: erang

Post by gyozilla »

m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

I really enjoyed this episode. Compared to previous episodes, this one had some mystery to it and a bit of danger.

It also showed a bit of Shota's past as a troublemaker.

Am I the only one that finds odd that a male model used to be a street thug?

And Jin-san deserved his own arc. I wonder if Makki will get his... XD
lonegamer7 wrote:Even if diamonds are considered one of the hardest substances on Earth, it's also brittle and can be split by a single blow if you know where and how to do so, consider that a diamond can be scratched by another diamond.
The show is being pretty nice with diamond. If Heat was hot enough it could turn it to graffiti and it would break easily.

Rui's fight with Saeko shoul've been longer. And they finally gave Renn a chance to do an action scene. I'd like if they did that more often.

And a very cheap use of Nobody's Perfect. It's not the song to use in the investigation scenes. I know they did it because of the single, but even then...
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It seems lame that Xtreme was gimped in the fight for no real reason. I was under the impression that Philip could access the Gaia Library while in that form, although perhaps it was out of choice in order to not run into Wakana and thus compromise W in the fight, although thats just my reasoning.

I can see this Nasca/Trial thing being dragged out for a while. Still waiting on a proper high speed fight.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I don't think Xtreme being useless was lame at all. The reasons for this is to show how powerful the Dopant is as a shield so Saeko could steal the Memory to fight against Wakana. Just imagine high speed with the ultimate defense. Also, you didn't hear Philip say that he read everything about the Memory so the chances of beating Rui was small without a plan.
GraveZero
Infinity
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Blade
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Nexus

Post by GraveZero »

O.o man, X-Treme does seem to need a boost, it's been having real trouble lately. I can get that if it's too powerful it'll make the fights boring, but Jewel took both maximum drives from X-Treme head-on with no damage, that's the kinda thing I'd figure Ryubee would keep for his family unless it has a serious drawback.

Also impressed that after falling down a flight of stairs Rui is still claiming she can't be hurt, she must be pretty tough as a human too.
Accel
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: Appare!

Post by Accel »

i have to say, i felt like music was completly off for this episode, none of the soundtracks felt right.
All riders are better than one....Oh no wait-
boukenbluekiva
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by boukenbluekiva »

great apisode as always, maybe There will be some secret that cause extreme to be useless against him.
because her Dopant transformation did not seem normal.

Ten Years of Power,Wisdom, and Henshin
Kilowog
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: That's a secret :-P
Favorite Actor?: too many
Favorite Band: too many
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: OOO
Quote: "Life goes on. If you make struggle with your seriousness you will not feel an uneasiness."

Post by Kilowog »

This episode was great; mystery, interesting fights, a bathroom cat fight (a class all in itself, hehe), you name it.

The only thing that still bugs me to this day is Wakana going 180. One moment she was so scared she tried to run away by leaving Futo, then the next she turns into a crazed supervillan. Ironically this drives me to enjoy the series that much more to find out what exactly caused her to be this way.

Loved the comics you folks posted by the way too ;)
Reaver
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black/RX
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: "There are two kinds of people in this world... The ones that want to be me, and the ones that want a part of me..."

Post by Reaver »

Phoenix512 wrote:I don't think Xtreme being useless was lame at all. The reasons for this is to show how powerful the Dopant is as a shield so Saeko could steal the Memory to fight against Wakana. Just imagine high speed with the ultimate defense. Also, you didn't hear Philip say that he read everything about the Memory so the chances of beating Rui was small without a plan.
Which is pretty funny during Nasca 3's debut. They shouldn't be surprised of the speed since Philip could look it up during Xtreme form...
Leonite Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zero One
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Leonite Rider »

So, the fact that Phillip can go into the Gaia Library is a weakness now huh? Who wants to bet their going to make Wakana more powerful in it as well, possibly giving her Clay Doll but, becuase it's purified, Phillip can't use Fang and needs Shoutarou to use XTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEME.

And now I can't take Sir Drops-a-lot seriously, he's too funny. All they need is for him to be the Drop Dopant and then it would be even more hilarious.

And I reckon that the fact that two XTREEEEEEEEEEEME maximum drives can't harm Rui and Jin's last words in the ep are hinting towards a possible weakness... maybe the damage she would take is instead converted into extra stress upon the body, making the Gaia Memory's effects work faster?

Also... look UFO!
Avid fan of mixing Riders and Rangers into other things
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

I was a bit put off by the use of Nobody's Perfect at the beginning of this episode. I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one, but someone said it's because the single came out? I guess it makes sense to promote the song, but it didn't fit at all. There was already a couple of tunes they had for scenes like that, and having this song felt off. It also lessens the awesomeness of the song's use in the previous episodes (because it DID fit there).

Eh, whatever. I like this Dopant, and I don't feel that it gimped Xtreme. Diamonds are one of the hardest substances that exist, and so it's more a testament to how powerful the Memory is rather than making W weak. That Memory would definitely be a pretty bad one for Saeko to get her hands on, but fortunately, I'm sure she won't.

I kind of feel like this is going to have a resolution like the Gene one, in a way. Like, they can't beat her so they just have to talk to her and convince her that she's wrong to do this and blah blah blah she gives up the Memory and they just crush it or something.
Darkster
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
Favorite Actor?: Jackie Chan
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: takoyaki
Quote: Because Takumi is Takumi.

Post by Darkster »

The Jewel Dopant's a female dog. :lol: Maybe they'll end up crushing her Memory instead. My bet would be on Wakana breaking the Memory. The part about Jinno and the UFOs was gold. It shows a bit about Shotaro's and Jinno's backstory. It would be great if Akiko beats Rui with the slipper.

Return to “Kamen Rider W”