KRW 42 released

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KRW 42 released

Post by takenoko »

Poor Philip, such sister issues

I guess I should mention that Rui means tear drop. Not really relevant, but it kind of adds flavor to the character
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Re: KRW 42 released

Post by lonegamer7 »

Ya know, when he went "give it back!", I'm reminded of all the sibling fights I've had with my own sister (and one of my cousins, who's the closest to a brother I'll ever get).
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I kinda thought to myself that Uesugi was the Jewel Dopant in the last episode but the ring being on different hands threw me off. But he was good at misdirection. I guess he was really a jewel after all. So unbreakable and perfect that his flaws would eventually surface and destroy himself in the end. Makki should get bad karma for easily being mean to his old boss and then immediately sucking up to him after he was proven innocent. As for Jinno, he definitely needs the slick back hair as it makes him look so much better.

Philip outsmarts Wakana with intentionally being at half syncho in the bookcases. I think at some point, he needs to bring Shoutarou in order to counter Wakana for good.
NeoStorm

Post by NeoStorm »

Well, who knows. It could happen. I mean, Shotaro once managed to access the Bookshelves when Philip accessed FangJoker and managed to snap him into reality. Maybe there might be a way for Shotaro to join Philip in the Gaia Bookshelves.
Aside from that, it was surprisingly convincing the way Uesugi used Rui to cover his crimes. Well, I'm sure Uesugi will be counting up his crimes and/or sins in jail.
But what concerns me is that there might be some connection to Shroud and to the Sonozaki family. I don't know for sure, I just have a bad feeling regarding that.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Nice to see Philip with his confidences back, leave to Akiko to come up with the perfect suggestion for Philip.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Ruecian
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Favorite Actor?: Sean Connery
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ruecian »

NeoStorm wrote:Well, who knows. It could happen. I mean, Shotaro once managed to access the Bookshelves when Philip accessed FangJoker and managed to snap him into reality.
That wasn't the Bookshelves, it was just inside Phillips conciousness.
chickdigger802
7X

Post by chickdigger802 »

I can already see it. The final boss battle will be set in the planetary bookshelves =P

This eps was pretty interesting for the most part. Wish the fight with the Jewel wasn't so disappointing though. Why is Trial fighting in 'normal speed' against Jewel... I'd imagine him bum rushing him to generate heat ala Viewtiful Joe =P

And the weakpoint was fairly stupid, it couldn't have just been me who thought they would do some new finisher to take out Jewel. I'd imagine that try not to aim for the huge ass diamond on the chest with all your moves would solve most of their problems, but a new finisher would keep the kids happy.

Don't talk about previews
Last edited by Phoenix512 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't talk about previews for the next episode
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

The yeti was really random.
Dimension-Crash
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Double/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/Kabuto/Kiva
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Riichi Mahjong

Post by Dimension-Crash »

Slightly off-topic... This amazing just happened to me when I went to DDL this week's episode.

Spoiler

Okay, now off to watch the ep.
The Human Search Engine:

The Code of the Gambler:
1) There is no such thing as luck; only Skill.
2) Do not play for greed; but Survival.
3) Don't play lukewarm games; fight until Death.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Okay everyone, secret clue in KRW5. Let's all go back and check it to be sure
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

chickdigger802 wrote:And the weakpoint was fairly stupid, it couldn't have just been me who thought they would do some new finisher to take out Jewel. I'd imagine that try not to aim for the huge ass diamond on the chest with all your moves would solve most of their problems, but a new finisher would keep the kids happy.
I'm glad that they didn't go the new finisher route. The weakpoint was fine for me. Sometimes the best thing to do is to think about overcoming it than depend on a new move all the time.
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

All Diamonds have flaws so it's fine if the Diamond had a weak point.
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

Well, my theory was wrong. I'm actually glad of it, if it had gone down similarly to Gene then it wouldn't have been as interesting. That said, now we know why Jewel Dopant's transformation in last episode looked so different and didn't include a Memory insertion...same thing with the lights going out before he showed up at the beginning.

The weak point thing actually makes sense, too.

"As with any material, the macroscopic geometry of a diamond contributes to its resistance to breakage. Diamond has a cleavage plane and is therefore more fragile in some orientations than others. Diamond cutters use this attribute to cleave some stones, prior to faceting."

I mean, diamond cutters have to be able to cut and mold the stones into the nice shapes that go into rings and necklaces, diamonds don't naturally come in those shapes. This means that there has to be a trick to cutting and shaping diamonds, which is of course the cleavage plane or "weak point." And just like a diamond, Jewel Dopant had one too.

I'm actually glad they went with a weak point instead of "Oh let's just come up with a new move" thing. There's still plenty of time to come up with a new finisher, and I'd rather see it used on a legitimate threat (like the Sonozakis or Dropper) than on a regular dopant.

Oh yeah, and Akiko proves herself useful again with some nice advice to Philip. I actually was thinking of that myself, "Can't he just lower his sync rate and she wouldn't be able to touch him? Wait, then he couldn't grab the book...so that wouldn't work." Fortunately Wakana was dumb enough to just leave it open for him.
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

i knew it was not DIAMOND and i also knew there was a twist in there somewhere pretty good one to but that dopant actually suited more female than male anyway. pretty sneaky of phillip to do that to his own sister but the same trick won't work twice what is he gonna do next time? it would be cool if W could appear in the planet bookshelves and there'd be a fight there
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

Interesting. I noticed the "glow" when the Dopant transformed for the first time, but I assumed it was just some special effect. I also noticed the lack of "call out" from the memory, but just figured that they weren't going to use it for some reason. It's nice how well thought out that was.

The way the defeated the dopant made sense, but you'd think that since it's common knowledge that diamonds have weak points that Xtreme would have just scanned for weak points. Unless Wakana being in the database interferred with even that.

The way Wakana played into Phillip's hands was pretty satisfying as well.

All in all, a good arc. Things should start getting interesting now that the end of the series is in sight.

Return to “Kamen Rider W”