Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Goseiger 22 released

Post by takenoko »

Got to love the GoseiKnight theme song

Ground (Grand?) GoseiGreat is pretty nice looking. It looks super powerful and bulky in a strong way without being clusterfucky. I also like the way Groundion joins in the cockpit. It's kind of cute?

So Buredoran is new to the Yuuma Beasts? Somehow that seems less compelling than the backstory I had in my mind of him escaping the trashcan seal and joining the Warstars only to return to the Yuuma Beasts. I'm wondering if there's going to be a third enemy type in this series and if Buredoran will switch alliances again
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Goseiger 22 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

The whole shadow stealing thing was a bit crazy with the effect of just collapsing. I wonder if Alata's plan to allow Nessie to steal their shadows was thought up from the get go. As for Ground GoseiGreat, it acts like a powerful wizard with blasting spells from its staff. I'm hoping for Mystic Brother can get attached on the staff itself.

As for Buredoran, maybe he was a lower rank Yuuma Beast that was so insignificant to the ancient Gosei Angels that he slipped the trap and quietly grew stronger. If Buredoran had any rank with the Yuuma Beast back in the day, Master Head would know something about Buredoran.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

I realize I am picking on a very small thing about this episode, which over all is a fine episode with a fun new robot combi and the thing I'm going to 'complain' about makes sense... But... Over the Rainbow... Really?
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I also wondered about the title. Beyond being a cultural reference to Wizard of Oz, isn't it a song about overcoming a hurdle and trying to reach a point above the rainbow, this symbolic goal? Like GoseiKnight coming around and being a Goseiger member is a pretty big turning point in the story
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Combination looks cool. Looks to be more mobile than HGG.

One nitpick about it, relating to its weapon. WTF. The main part of it involves attaching one of the brother headders to it? I hoped to avoid buying any supplementary mecha, but a gimped spear weapon would look lame.
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

I really like the design of the Ground GoseiGreat, it actually doesn't look overly ridiculous like G12 formation.

Wait, you mean Buredoran is new to the gang? I thought Kingugon and that ugly snot monster said that he managed to escape the sealing? The two also mentioned that the sealing happened 10,000 years ago, and this time round Nessie's battle also happened 10,000 years ago. Maybe Buredoran was a small fry then?
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

At least the combo isn't super nuts. It just bugged me they didn't summon the gosei headers and blocked the sun out. They would of held up far more better than the crappy card spells. And no one could summon rain?
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

feels like ages since we've had a goseiger even though it's only been a week love the dual combine with groundion and gosei great although i find it weird with the snake and tiger not having any headders on them. whenever gosei knight talks about the old gosei angels it really make me wish they'd do an episode on them and it makes me think are the current goseigers the only one who've got the main sentai colours or did the past goseigers have those colours to
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Ok episode. Knight is finally a part of the team. It was about time. I liked how the MOTW talked.

I don't like a sixth ranger without a human form. They won't be able to interact with him much and his potential will be lost. But something bothers me. Datas has 6 card slots, but one of them is empty. I though it would be knight's, but it turns out it isn't. Maybe a memento of Green? Or a seventh?

The new mecha looks better than I expected. I like the spear weapon and the fact that it changes headers.

Is Buredoran the new vancuria?

It's possible that Kinigugon recognized him as a Yuuma without having seen him before and asked that. It wouldn't be the irst time Buredoran did that. If he is pretending to be a Yuuma too, we might have a third enemy group. I wonder what he is planning...
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

They'll probably add knights card to datas now. He didn't like the team. So why would they add his card, in the beginning.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Interesting that the monster of the week didn't know Buredoran, which implies either he was a lower rank in the previous war or that he joined sometime after Uobōzu. Add to that the fact that he really hasn't done much on both sides he's been with, one gets the sense that maybe they're going to do something much bigger with him.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
markoclix
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger

Post by markoclix »

While I really enjoyed the new mecha combination and it was nice to see Goseiknight join the team finally I was really hoping that the MOTW would actually be something a bit more like a long lasting rival for Goseiknight. Since Alata beat Dereputa there hasn't really been any rival action going on and it would have been nice to see the plot progressing in that direction. But as I said the episode was fun, just not what I had hoped for. I think maybe its difficult for Toei to have to really good shows at the same time. For example, while Shinkenger was on we had KR Decade and about half way through W, we get Goseiger. Now, I think Goseiger is much better than Decade, but neither one really has lived up to their potential.
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

I liked the episode a lot. I still don't feel GoseiKnight as a sixth member though.
Tsurugi_Matsuda
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!

Post by Tsurugi_Matsuda »

Note to subbers:
I think the translation where Ground Gosei Great is about to finish off the monster is wrong.
Original translation in subbed video:
"Souls who hurt and dirty the planet will receive divine punishment from the Gosei Mission!"
Correct translation should be:
"Souls who hurt and dirty the planet will receive divine punishment from the Gosei Machines!"

I've heard that part 10+ times and still found the translation to be wrong.

Original Japanese dialogue for reference:
”星を傷ずけ汚す魂に、ゴセイマシンに天罰を下す!”

Please check this. Thanks.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron