Wiki Link

< Kiva | Decade | W >
m0lecules
Infinity
Favorite series: KR Decade and Double
2nd Favorite Series: KR Kabuto and Blade

Decade, Connecting every rider

Post by m0lecules »

I was wondering why Toei's catchphrase with Decade was "Destroy everything, connect everything". Now I happen to figure out why. Although I can't put specific information here since it would be a spoiler right? So I think it would be much safer to say that you oughta watch Kamen Rider Decade and then Kamen Rider Double to figure out why.
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Decade, Connecting every rider

Post by Gunzy »

m0lecules wrote:I was wondering why Toei's catchphrase with Decade was "Destroy everything, connect everything". Now I happen to figure out why. Although I can't put specific information here since it would be a spoiler right? So I think it would be much safer to say that you oughta watch Kamen Rider Decade and then Kamen Rider Double to figure out why.

What you are saying makes little sense to me?
ImageImage
Leonite Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zero One
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Leonite Rider »

Just put the spoiler info in a spoiler tag, plus most of us have seen Decade in full, so there isn't much for you to spoil in that regard.
Avid fan of mixing Riders and Rangers into other things
m0lecules
Infinity

Post by m0lecules »

Well, the actual spoiler is on Kamen Rider Double series. I've put it here because it really did start with Decade after all.

Well, here's my idea.

SPOILER ALERT: Inside is also tackled a partial scene of Kamen Rider Double and also about Kamen Rider Ooz. If you haven't watched Kamen Rider Double yet, I suggest you watch it before reading my post.

Spoiler
When I watched Decade, I thought it was awesome that he can be any of the previous 9 Primary Heisei Riders. Then on the movie ending of Decade, we all saw Double as well, even giving an idea about the birth of Kamen Rider Double in Begin's Night. We can say now that Double's world is accessible to Decade or something like that.

Now, there was a debate whether the 9 previous Riders including their story is somewhat part of Kamen Rider Decade since they've saw the Heisei Riders of the Decaverse, but also the Heisei Riders of the Original Series like Wataru (Kiva) and Kazuma Kenzaki (Blade), and when the worlds collided, they (even I) assumes that the 8 previous Heisei Riders are the actual Riders of the Original series, with an exception of Kamen Rider Kuuga. Now I don't know if we can really know how right or wrong the opinions are, but the idea here is Toei used Decade to connect the 9 previous Heisei Riders to the Heisei Riders of the future. This is because if you watch Kamen Rider Double, especially the movie and the near end episodes, you can actually see that it's beginning to introduce a new Kamen Rider after Kamen Rider Double.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Or it could be that they were referring to connecting and destroying all the worlds. Believe what you want, but I find it highly unlikely that they thought that far in advance, considering what they've done in the past *cough*Den-O*cough*
m0lecules
Infinity

Post by m0lecules »

Well, you might actually be correct about it. But even it was accidentally, they've benefited through it and was able to connect every single rider even the Showa Period Riders. Or they could have just thought that they would just like to connect every rider from now on via Decade. I noticed that the 9 previous Heisei Riders story doesn't affect the other (I was thinking maybe from Kuuga to Kabuto, since Den-O meet up with Kiva on a movie). Then at the point of Decade, there's somewhat a continuous flow.

BTW, could you tell me what about Den-O? Or should I put this question on Den-O's section?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

If you watch the Den-O imagin anime, there's an episode where they tell the origins of Den-O, which basically involves a deadline and pulling stuff out of their ass.
m0lecules
Infinity

Post by m0lecules »

Haven't really watched yet Kamen Rider Den-O but I've read their episode summary on Wikipedia and as such have an idea. Although I can't find the episode where they've told that.

Anyway, I've got another idea that may tie-up with what I meant about Decade connecting every riders. In the catchphrase "Destroy everything, connect everything.", I think "Destroy everything" meant that Decade should destroy the Rider in order for their story to be remembered (as what Wataru in Decade had said) and his death was a catalyst in reviving them and making another story such as connecting them to Double and other future riders hence "Connect everything".
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Here's my stupid meta theory, feel free to disagree

I kind of feel like Decade's story was completely meta from the beginning. He's basically destroying the previous worlds by paving over them with these reimaginings

He connects them because, hey, they're showing up in the same universe/TV show, right?

Cue Narutaki, the fanboy stand-in. "You're ruining everything!" Okay, Superboy Prime
m0lecules
Infinity

Post by m0lecules »

takenoko wrote:Here's my stupid meta theory, feel free to disagree

I kind of feel like Decade's story was completely meta from the beginning. He's basically destroying the previous worlds by paving over them with these reimaginings

He connects them because, hey, they're showing up in the same universe/TV show, right?

Cue Narutaki, the fanboy stand-in. "You're ruining everything!" Okay, Superboy Prime
I don't think about an idea as stupid but maybe a further explanation. I think it's quite broad and if I'm the one who's going to elaborate it, it might contradict.

But about your statement "He connects them because, hey, they're showing up in the same universe/TV show, right?", I couldn't agree more. It's much like what I can say is a practical explanation or to simplify things. It is after all, a show usually and supposedly made for young ones ( except some fans really might have the blood of being adventuristic. :lol: ). Maybe I should have put the title instead "Fan Facts/Fan Ideas: Decade, Connecting All Riders." Since most fans usually have this wild ideas which may or may not be applicable to their favorite show. :lol:
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: The Iromonea

Post by Joe_Mello »

I thought the phrase was referring to the idea that all the narratives were becoming unified as they attempted to wipe each other out.
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.
m0lecules
Infinity

Post by m0lecules »

Joe_Mello wrote:I thought the phrase was referring to the idea that all the narratives were becoming unified as they attempted to wipe each other out.
Well, as a fan fact, my idea is that what the phrase meant was that Decade needed to destroy the riders to have their story engraved in history and as for them to continuously living in the "memory" of many as the next decade of heroes continues. This is my idea for the story.

In real life, I'll quote this:
takenoko wrote: He connects them because, hey, they're showing up in the same universe/TV show, right?

Return to “Kamen Rider Decade”