HeartCatch 28 released

The cutestest anime ever subbed by a bunch of men.
Forum rules
Wiki Link
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

HeartCatch 28 released

Post by takenoko »

The message may have been pretty heavy handed, but I still liked this episode

One of Marine's strengths is that she's impulsive and follows her feelings, but it's also one of her greatest weaknesses. In a way this episode captures the human condition. I mean, I didn't want to do homework as a student, that's boring. Sometimes people are kind of weak like that

I didn't know what color magenta was, so I looked it up on wiki. Apparently the hex code for it is #FF00FF which means full red and full blue mixed together. All this time I was calling it purple. Anyway, the color went really well with the spray effect and looked pretty

Back to the heavy handed message. Cobraja yelling through the fourth wall at the kids watching the show, that's so over the top that it's kind of good. Anyway, I guess people will be going back to school soon. So take this as a cautionary tale, I guess

The mass Heart Seed get reminds me of that comic I posted on the front page
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Re: HeartCatch 28 released

Post by garfield15 »

"PURIRIN! PURIRIN! PURIRIN! PURIRIN!...." Yeah, I didn't need to think about that (And then he's on the bed like he took an enormous crap. :lol:)

Yo kids, do your summer homework or else you'll turn into a monster. That's basic Japanese parenting right?

Despite what I'm saying, I liked the episode. Especially that they had a group battle.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

So let me get this right they fought about 20 or so monsters to make Sunshine's Power. So seeing today they fought at least from what i counted was around 43 monsters... shouldn't we have at least enough to restore Moonlight's Power AND make a whole new PreCure?

Just sayin....
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
My boom: Robots. Always.

Post by Magenta »

takenoko wrote:I didn't know what color magenta was, so I looked it up on wiki. Apparently the hex code for it is #FF00FF which means full red and full blue mixed together. All this time I was calling it purple. Anyway, the color went really well with the spray effect and looked pretty
This is a rather elementary mistake based on the misunderstanding of how color systems work.

The color you refer to, this is HTML colorspace 'magenta'. This arises from the age of 16-color displays, when extremes of color were used to generate maximum difference and clarity in the limited color palette. It is nothing like the true color magenta, but is rather the name given to the hot pink used in that early color palette as the closest approximation in the range.

The true color magenta has far more subdued blue, a little something like this, with blue a little under half of red and a slight twinge of green to give it personality. This is much closer to the visible color magenta used in CYMK printing, which gains it's more vibrant tone through the printing process. You'll often find the resulting visual color resembles more of a hot pink, but a true magenta is eye-catching without being quite so garish.

You could have scrolled further down the wikipedia page to learn this, or, you know, you could have asked the expert on the matter you happened to have on your staff at the time. ;o
ima sugu shutsudoukable
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Wikipedia has betrayed me!

That looks like deep red to me more than pink though

I dunno, I really don't know what color magenta is supposed to look like. I hear Decade's colors are supposed to be magenta, but that looks like pink to me
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

Decade just doesn't want to believe he's pink.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
ShinkenSilver
Gao

Post by ShinkenSilver »

Aeikozz wrote:So let me get this right they fought about 20 or so monsters to make Sunshine's Power. So seeing today they fought at least from what i counted was around 43 monsters... shouldn't we have at least enough to restore Moonlight's Power AND make a whole new PreCure?

Just sayin....
Considering how weak the individual Desatorians were, I'm willing to bet the resulting Heart Seeds wouldn't have the same 'kick' as those gained from people with actual emotional problems.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

This was a really enjoyable episode. I loved how Erika sympathized with the kids that didn't want to do their homework and everyone had to keep chastising her. The episode's lesson was really blunt, but how else would it have gotten it into Erika (and perhaps the audience's) head?

The "work hard" perfume seemed a little contradictory, though. Wasn't the whole point of the episode that being lazy and not properly taking care of yourself and your responsibilities is bad?

The miniature monsters were cute. Funny how Blossom and Sunshine treated them as just annoyances but Erika kept having trouble with them.

Oh, those fairies. Make them stop...
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

This was a pretty funny episode, I couldn't help but crack up at the tiny Desatorians were, and Erika not really being too upset with Cobraja's plan ("Can you do the middle school too?").

But yeah, the message was kind of beaten over the head of the viewer, and I took a bit of issue with some of the stuff (studying is fun? It CAN be but not usually). Still it's a kids' show so I can't be too hard on it. This was also a pretty good group fight thing since the Snackies are too weak to pose a significant threat, so having a lot of Desatorians was really good.

Part of me actually wonders why the Desert Apostles don't go after groups of people more often, but then again I guess usually the wilted Heart Flowers they get are from a specific thing rather than a common feeling.

Actually launching a full-scale assault on the city might work pretty good on getting multiple Heart Flowers to wilt...assuming they had the resources to do it and the Precures didn't show up too quickly and...now I'm overthinking a kids' show.
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

takenoko wrote:I dunno, I really don't know what color magenta is supposed to look like.
That's not surprising. A lot of people have trouble identifying small gradations in color. Navy blue is often mistaken for purple. Teal is often mistaken for turquoise.

With so many different children transformed into Desertorians, I wondered how they didn't mix the Heart Flowers up with the wrong crystal balls.
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

I'm getting addicted to the ending theme, it's so catchy!

I really like this episode, I know how Marine feels, I've had the same feelings for my Coursework and resit exams <_<
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

Well, this was a cute episode and all. I've been waiting, like, all season for them to amass a huge army of Desertrians. Shame they were so weak. Still, I think Kobraja has the best
Do your homework
laid plans of any of the desert apostles. Lol at Marine. "Can you do the middle school as well?"
Also, I caught some math failures in the homework they were doing at the end. Improper simplification and distribution of the negative sign, mostly.
Lol at Kobraja breaking the fourth wall.

Too. Many. Heart Seeds. >< Whoever thought pooping fairies was a good idea needs to be shot. Thank god we didn't have to actually see it.

Return to “HeartCatch Precure”