HeartCatch 29 released

The cutestest anime ever subbed by a bunch of men.
Forum rules
Wiki Link
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

HeartCatch 29 released

Post by takenoko »

He really did make it quite far. You can just Google map it like I did (the transparent line is the bus ride back)

I'm guessing Tsubomi's dress was the winner of some contest? I know the cards are like Decade cards, and you can use them to put different dresses on the girls at certain machines. One of the CDs came with one

Kind of glad the summer arc of episodes if over
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Re: HeartCatch 29 released

Post by Arigomi »

I'm surprised that there were this many episodes dealing with summer vacation.

Kumojacky needs to learn that talking trash about the humans used to make Desertorians backfires, motivating the Precures to save the day.
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

Dude, don't you know that summer vacation is awesome!?
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I'm usually good about divorcing reality-reality from anime-reality, but this episode really bugged me from a "would that really happen" perspective.

I'm assuming Hayashi was using the entire summer break, or at least most of it, to cover that 500 km distance. It's a high goal, but I could see someone his age attempting it over that sort of a time period. What baffled me was that it looked like he was traveling by himself. I can't imagine my parents letting me travel on the highway for that distance by myself at his age. I wonder if I'm missing something culturally that it seems so unsafe to me.

And Tsubomi...I think she muddled the point of what Hayashi should be praised for. Is it tough to admit to a group that you lied to them, especially after they praised you for something you didn't actually do? Absolutely. But emphasizing that the class should be impressed with him for confessing that he lied...it's sort of sending a mixed message that it's okay to lie as long as you eventually tell the truth. Sort of? Maybe it didn't take it that far, but something felt off there.

Something I was thinking about during the episode - are the words "bicycle" and "train" related in Japanese? The word they kept using for bicycle sounded like it had a similar pronunciation to densha/train, maybe with just a prefix added on. Since they're both forms of transportation, I wondered if they were derived from the same word or one was derived from the other.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Sort of
Bicycle is Ji-ten-sha 自転車. The three kanji in that are self-cycle-car

Train is Den-sha 電車. Or electric-car

So things with wheels tend to have the car kanji in them
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Neat. Thanks for the info!
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

Yeah, thanks Take for the info!

This episode made me want to'be in the Summer Holiday, I've not been able to enjoy it at all this year!!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

No prob, guys. I'm glad you guys didn't ask me why a train is an electric-car since I don't have an explanation for that (they were probably steam powered when trains were first introduced in Japan). At least Den-O's name makes more sense

Also check out the kanji for the Go-Onger's names if you like the car radical
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

PHurricane wrote:I'm usually good about divorcing reality-reality from anime-reality, but this episode really bugged me from a "would that really happen" perspective.

I'm assuming Hayashi was using the entire summer break, or at least most of it, to cover that 500 km distance. It's a high goal, but I could see someone his age attempting it over that sort of a time period. What baffled me was that it looked like he was traveling by himself. I can't imagine my parents letting me travel on the highway for that distance by myself at his age. I wonder if I'm missing something culturally that it seems so unsafe to me.

And Tsubomi...I think she muddled the point of what Hayashi should be praised for. Is it tough to admit to a group that you lied to them, especially after they praised you for something you didn't actually do? Absolutely. But emphasizing that the class should be impressed with him for confessing that he lied...it's sort of sending a mixed message that it's okay to lie as long as you eventually tell the truth. Sort of? Maybe it didn't take it that far, but something felt off there.
This. All of this. 500 KM is over 300 miles. This kid wanted to ride 312 miles on a bike without any supervision or companionship. What if he got into a serious accident? What if he got kidnapped? What if he got lost? So many things could go wrong here, what were his parents thinking?
As for time, eh, I can see that being done in a week or so, depending on how fast you go and how long you ride per day. Doesn't seem like something that would take all 6 weeks of Japanese summer vacation.

What I think she should have said was that, even though he cheated, it was impressive that he made it as far as he did. Which it definitely was. I don't think he should be praised for telling the truth, because it's not as though he outright lied and said he made it all the way. He was like ".....no.....wait......stop.....I don't deserve this...." just too softspoken to come out and admit what had happened, while everybody jumped to conclusions. Even if it was a very logical conclusion.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I don't think it's that bad. 14 years old is a teenager, almost like an adult. Plus he's a dude and that's Japan, to use some broad stereotyping and assumptions. He probably had a cellphone and probably would have been okay.
That Guy
Save the life

Post by That Guy »

I dunno, I just don't think 14 is old enough to where it's safe enough to go that alone. Yeah, he's old enough to be independent on a lot of things, but a cross-country bike ride? I wouldn't recommend anybody do that alone, even adults. Boy Scouts drilled the buddy system into me. XP Plus, companionship to make the ride easier. :P
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I dunno, it's a rite of passage. I mean realistically, what's the difference between riding a bike to work/school versus riding it all day in broad daylight? Maybe it's out of place, but it sounds a bit reactionary on our part since as Americans we kind of grow up in this culture of fear
That Guy
Save the life

Post by That Guy »

takenoko wrote:I dunno, it's a rite of passage. I mean realistically, what's the difference between riding a bike to work/school versus riding it all day in broad daylight? Maybe it's out of place, but it sounds a bit reactionary on our part since as Americans we kind of grow up in this culture of fear
Well, better safe than sorry, as they say. I don't say he should never ever do it, but alone on what seem to be less-traveled roads.....shit happens. That's the difference between riding to work and riding cross-country is the amount of people around to see if you get hurt.

Speaking of getting hurt, they gave him a wrap bandage for a scraped knee? I don't know if Japan is really over-reactionary like that or if it's just an anime/manga/toku/etc., but they really seem to go overboard in treating the smallest injuries. That thing should've scabbed over by the time he got back, and even when it happened the most I would've suggested was some peroxide and a large bandaid.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Hmmm, I'm thinking the wrap bandage was just an excuse to have the teacher do it. If he just put a Bandaid on it he wouldn't have needed to be in the infirmary, thus running into Tsubomi again

Call me crazy, but wouldn't going on less-traveled roads be safer because there's less chance of running into other people? But I'm not even sure if he was on a less-traveled roads since obviously there were other bikers and cars. I don't know, it just seems like a logical fallacy to me, like the people who stopped flying after 9/11. It's not actually more dangerous than anything else you do in your real life, but for some reason it appears that way

Return to “HeartCatch Precure”