HC 37 Released

The cutestest anime ever subbed by a bunch of men.
Forum rules
Wiki Link
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

HC 37 Released

Post by garfield15 »

Yeah, Shadow-Heartcatch are totally awesome. They seem to have hit Ensemble Darkhorse status in the Japanese fanart. Oh how I wish they had been actual villains. (Kinda hot too. Look at Shadow-Itsuki. Damn)

-Dammit movie, get out of my OP song! Looks awesome though.

-Did they ever say why specifically they turn places into deserts? Or is that just something they do?

-Oh my god, the OOO and Precure McD's CMs were so awesome. I watched the OOO one like five times. His "I'm rovin' it" was hilarious. ("knee-high shoes?")
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: HC 37 Released

Post by takenoko »

Wait, Yuri already has a shadow version of herself in Dark Precure (and they already did the moon has a shadow metaphor)

So where's Cure Flower's statue?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Easy just to think of it as they made ones for the other three and couldn't leave Yuri out so, they threw one together for her. I doubt they'd drop that plotline so easily.
Garfield15 wrote:Look at Shadow-Itsuki. Damn)
Looks more like a boy than Itsuki herself does. :P
garfield15
Save the life
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

takenoko wrote:So where's Cure Flower's statue?
Maybe she never went through the final test?
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

takenoko wrote:Wait, Yuri already has a shadow version of herself in Dark Precure (and they already did the moon has a shadow metaphor)
Dark Precure is an evil clone or something like that, Dark Yuri is just the manifestation of Yuri's inner worries. Or former worries. Likewise for all of them.

This episode was rushed to high hell. The battle with the Desert Devil should have been longer and the fights with their shadows were *punch punch kick* "I've already dealt with this problem!" *win*. The fights had potential to be epic, but they were just mediocre. I mean come on, Dark Erika used some kind of kamehameha. I wanted to see more of that. Oh well, at least Blossom is still the weakest precure ever. Then again, she's the only one of the four who hasn't faced her inner demons yet, so it makes sense why hers would be the strongest. I wonder what her flaw is.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

This episode left me feeling dissatisfied. It wasn't a bad episode exactly but...it was too predictable, I guess? "Rushed" wasn't a bad choice of word either, although I think the bigger problem was there wasn't a lot of material to work with.

Except for Blossom, their issues have already been dealt with. Sure, it's possible that even after making peace with those issues they might still affect a person, but from a storytelling perspective they wrapped up those plots. It would have been more interesting if their shadow selves had personified a negative trait they haven't had a huge problem with until now - like Erika's comments that she got scolded for at the beginning of the episode. Rather than the same old issues, show that swinging too far in the other direction can be just as dangerous.

And also except for Blossom, the other problems were a lot easier to attack. If your goal is to change, when have you changed enough? It's not something that's easily quantifiable. Not wearing glasses anymore is a change. Participating in a fashion show in clothes you made is a change. It'll be interesting to see how she eventually overcomes the ordeal next episode because there's a part of me that identifies with Tsubomi's struggles to be assertive when she's outside her comfort zone.

(As an aside, I've been waiting all season if Tsubomi would be targeted by the villains, since she's the only one whose heart flower we haven't seen wilted, but I'm guessing that won't happen. Unless they incorporate it into the final arc, maybe by Dune attacking her directly, I think we're too close to the end to focus on something that only affects Tsubomi's emotional state. Plus, this test seems to be addressing the same issues.)

The title was a little misleading. The shadow selves actually looked more like their civilian selves than another Precure. Even more, Sunshine's looked more like Itsuki's brother (what with the long hair) than Itsuki. But design wise, I think I liked them because of that decision. It reinforced the message that this was a battle of heart/soul rather than superpowers.
So where's Cure Flower's statue?
I think we saw the leg of Cure Flower's statue in that first episode featuring the statue courtyard. Maybe not. They were pretty vague about it.
EndlessWaltz24
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Hirata Yuka (Mele)

Post by EndlessWaltz24 »

Is it just me or did this episode just scream "Naruto" lol. I mean, obviously, this kind of thing where you beat your dark self by embracing has been done numerous times, but it really reminds me of a certain recent chapter in Naruto (won't go into further detail to prevent spoiling).

I also agree that this felt a bit rushed, I mean, don't these kind of things usually take a lot longer to solve? Oh well, I guess the entire focus will be on Blossom next ep.
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

Yeah that monster fight at the beginning was really...lame. "Oh gosh we don't know how to beat this thing!" "Well let's just attack it!" "Okay!" *win*

It's really disappointing and makes Dune look weak (or at least his monsters). Even the Desertorian that Kumojacky created with the Dark Bracelet had a longer fight scene than this thing. I dunno, it was compounded by the fact that its desert-creating powers kinda reminded me of the Terra Resetter in Rescue Force, and the first time the team went up against one, they actually lost and a city got turned into a desert, which was a pretty good show of "Holy crap this new bad guy is a serious threat."

The whole "I just turned a random planet you've never seen/heard of into a desert" wasn't really that great of a threat either. Come on, Dune, they've been building you up all series and the best you can do is a weak pathetic monster and a vague show of power?

Oh well. The rest of the episode was not bad. Looking forward to seeing how Blossom handles things.
blackguyver
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Blade
Dreamy: Sugimoto Yumi
Favorite Actor?: Tsubaki Takayuki
Favorite Band: Kamelot
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: I live by my oath to the darkness, and act by its code.

Post by blackguyver »

This is at least a little delayed but from the looks of the clothes that they are wearing. I would say that they are the artists interpretation from the character rider of fate/stay night. Image Sorry about the size of it I am not used to posting yet.
It's the Gruntmaster Asskicker of Ultimate Apocalypse.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

Could you imagine if this series was done from the Heartbreak Precure side of things? Like a dark dark version with these four in omg... so much win.. wow..and my god whoever did the character redesigns for them should be first in charge for making anymore characters that need to enter the precure world. Jesus.. so hot.

Return to “HeartCatch Precure”