Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Scott Pilgrim Versus the World Movie

Post by takenoko »

Just saw it. It's so awesome. If you like video games or toku action, this is something you'd probably enjoy

Macaulay Culkin's brother plays an amazing gay guy in it. His lines are amazing
Ruecian
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Favorite Actor?: Sean Connery
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: Scott Pilgrim Versus the World

Post by Ruecian »

Loved this movie.
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Gunzy »

I like the factr that there was an "other Scott". I really enjoyed it. Went and supported it offically by buying it's Blu-Ray yesterday.
ImageImage
yumenotenshi07
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Dreamy: Yaguruma Sou
Favorite Actor?: Sato Tomohito
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by yumenotenshi07 »

Macaulay Culkin's brother was WALLACE!? AH. Oh my gosh. I never would have guessed (but now that you say that, I can see the resemblance). He was so good!!! Wallace was probably my favorite character. XD

I saw this in the theaters, but my roomie went and bought it the day it came out on DVD. XD And we watched it. Then I made my parents watch it. Next step is making my brother watch it. *pose*

Love it, though. All the old school video game and Zelda references fill me with glee. XD The music also made me happy... I'm a huge Beck fan. I just recently bought the soundtrack on iTunes and I geeked out all over again because I got the deluxe edition and it had some special tracks with Beck performing a few of the songs. Happy day!

I think it's one of those movies I could watch every day and never get bored of it. It's so fun, and I notice something new each time I re-watch it. ^_^

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, it was like watching the kid from Home Alone, except grown up and a seducer of men. He has the greatest lines

I caught the Triforce emblem for the last boss, but I kind of feel like I stopped getting the references midway through the movie. I definitely know Clash at Demonhead since that was an amazing NES game (for a sidescroller it had some great inventory items plus funny dialogue and animation). I'm sure there's a list somewhere that I should look up and read

Did you guys watch the bonus stuff? The original ending where he ends up with Knives kind of doesn't make any sense

I really want to read the comic now, because I hear that there's a lot of characterization that got left out. I mean, the one critique that I heard that I kind of agree with is that it's not really obvious why Scott and Ramona like each other and want to go out. It just seems to happen and they assume the audience will expect this since they're the two leads

Knives' actress was so cute

I'm also glad I supported it by buying a copy. I definitely can see myself rewatching it

Edit: Oh yeah, Ann Veal's actress (Arrested Development) plays Roxy. So great
yumenotenshi07
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Dreamy: Yaguruma Sou
Favorite Actor?: Sato Tomohito
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by yumenotenshi07 »

I haven't checked out the bonus stuff yet. I need to do that. And Wallace DOES have the greatest lines. I love it.

I'd like to read the comic too. I only saw the first volume at B&N... but I'm planning to pick it up eventually. I've heard a lot of good things about it, so.

I love the guy that played Lucas Lee. It was pretty hilarious seeing him in that role. XD And the guy who played Todd... it was bugging me the whole time when I went to the theater trying to figure out who he was. Supermaaaan. Proof, I guess, that the new Superman movie was just bad, and not that he's a bad actor. I thought he was pretty comedic.

Oh yeah. One of the things that makes me laugh every time? The way Envy talks on the phone when she calls Scott. It's so over-the-top. The things she does with her lips, the voice she speaks in. It's fabulous. And the way they throw in drawings from the graphic novel here and there is awesome.

riderkicker
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Jetman
2nd Favorite Series: BLACK
Dreamy: Hikawa
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa
Favorite Band: FoC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: King! Ha!

Post by riderkicker »

Just borrowed this movie, and if I really LOVE it, it's definitely a buy.
I read the entire series, and am pleased with it, but sometimes I wish it was serialized.

The younger Culkin is an awesome actor. I saw him in a play once, and he was just amazing compared to the rest of the cast, though I suspect he was the main draw.
And at that Albie cried a single tear which turned into a jelly bean all the colors of the rainbow! And
suddenly...Albie wasn't racist anymore!!!
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Gunzy »

I kinda wish that they could have sprung for Super Gideon and Final Fatasy Gideon in the movie but Edgar said that they had to leave it out in the extras.
ImageImage
theBRUCE
Number 6
Number 6

Post by theBRUCE »

This is an ok movie, and I say ok because it's only one movie. To Condense 6 manga styled comics into one movie angered me. Also the ending was stupid with Knives having such a huge part of the final battle made no sense. They left out Steven Stills being gay. I liked that reveal in book 6
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

takenoko wrote:I really want to read the comic now, because I hear that there's a lot of characterization that got left out.
The comic does have many more characters and fighting in them. One of the many side stories involves Evny's Bf(Todd Ingram) and scott's base battle (It rocked by the way XD )
YumedaAkio
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/Decade
Dreamy: Kurenai Wataru!
Favorite Band: Kajiura Yuki
My boom: VampireTheMasquerade
Quote: Aw, what's the matter little puppy?

Post by YumedaAkio »

Loved this movie. Definitely one for the DVD shelf.

My favorite evil-ex fights were 1 and 7 (Patel and Gideon).

If America ever gets it in its strange collective mind to do toku, it would probably look like this movie.
I am one Hell of a Food Scientist.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

theBRUCE wrote:This is an ok movie, and I say ok because it's only one movie. To Condense 6 manga styled comics into one movie angered me.
Well, I can't speak for the comic since I haven't read it, but you have to give the movie props for being as stylized and for how many things it did right. I mean, so many adaptations mess things up with the original works in so many ways, it's just nice to see something as ambitious as Scott Pilgrim be made

All the battle with the exs are pretty amazing (except for the Japanese twins which was kinda lame and rushed, hey two more exs down). I think my favorite is still the first one. I kind of went into this movie not really knowing anything about it other than people said it was something I'd like. So the first ex coming in and specifically calling himself "EVIL ex number one" just had me rolling in laughter. Everything was so over the top that it was awesome
Rashef
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: W, Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger season 2
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Monkey Island

Post by Rashef »

I dated a High-schooler once...
*ahem* Anyways.
Watched it, liked it... tho I like the comic books better for the sole reason of... everything being MORE. Characters, plots, longer and or better fight scenes (ie. Knives vs. Ramona). The characters look better, cuter... and... in it also has more sex and kisses. And that's never a bad thing... except with high-schoolers, because that's... uh... :roll: ... bad.
My Copyright Infringing folder with random assortment of ripped Kamen Rider SFX is found right... HERE.
Nnnkingston
Salami Commander
Favorite series: W or Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Rescue Force or Geki
Favorite Band: Coldplay
My boom: Filmmaking
Quote: "If you do not fight, you will not survive!" - from Ryuki

Post by Nnnkingston »

Saw it twice in theaters and last weekend bought it on DVD and it's poster.
Watched the DVD now two and a half times.
Ahartono99
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Blade
Dreamy: Sonoda Mari
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
My boom: Nendoroid

Post by Ahartono99 »

Beat the enemy and you get the medals coins... :lol:

Return to “Movies”