Forum rules
Wiki Link

< W | OOO | Fourze >
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

OOO 16 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

After losing so many Medals, how will Eiji and Ankh deal with a souped up Gamel?

Episode thoughts

Spoiler
I get the strange feeling that Kougami knows way too much about how the Greeed were created. So I'm suspecting him to be a descendant of one of the people who created the Greeed 800 years ago. I think Eiji is trying to understand the Greeed a bit more now with questioning Kougami and Ankh. I really like Mezool's human actress doing "I want all of it" just before Gamel merged with her. The motions that she was doing while saying that made it stick in my mind. Speaking of her and Gamel, I wonder if they are going to make a return appearance. They can't just disappear like that. Uva is becoming more like Kazari but I don't think he will realize that. Also, I truly believe Maki will betray Kougami at some point with how they viewed the experiment as Kougami saw it as a failure while Maki does not.

Now let's get to Kamen Rider Birth. Sorry Gotou, Maki screwed you over and some random guy gets the Birth system. I found it funny that they actually show a manual for the belt. I don't recall any other Rider except for the G3/G3X having manuals. I don't quite understand why there's a capsule that needs to be pop opened every time you want to do something with the belt but I like the parts for the weapons are in the suit itself.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: OOO 16 released

Post by Lunagel »

I'm not gonna lie, I laughed out loud when I saw Birth's attack system. For a primary rider based on vending machines, a secondary rider based on capsule machines is just perfect.

That said, they kept leading us on, thinking it'd be Gotou that'd be the secondary rider, practically from the first episode, and then *bam* Hi random guy I've never seen before!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I love the popping sound it makes
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Post by lonegamer7 »

Man, I hated how I had to struggle to open those capsules (was collecting TomyYujin's TF figures some time back)...

Pfft... A vending machine, and now a capsule machine. What's next?
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

I suppose in vengeance for Tomica Hero getting Rider 1 for a cameo in Rescue Force/Fire, Toei decided to have R5 as our secondary Rider for the show. :D Well, not like I'm complaining. It's great to see him again.

His debut wasn't as explosive, shall we say, as previous ones but enjoyable nonetheless. A living gachapon machine. Well, at least this proves Toei ain't out of ideas yet.

Though, I didn't expect two Greeeds to go down in one episode.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Is that really R5? I thought they looked alike but decided it was just my imagination in the end. I didn't really bother to follow up on it

And for you Precure fans:
NeoStorm

Post by NeoStorm »

Phoenix512 wrote:After losing so many Medals, how will Eiji and Ankh deal with a souped up Gamel?

Episode thoughts

Spoiler
I get the strange feeling that Kougami knows way too much about how the Greeed were created. So I'm suspecting him to be a descendant of one of the people who created the Greeed 800 years ago. I think Eiji is trying to understand the Greeed a bit more now with questioning Kougami and Ankh. I really like Mezool's human actress doing "I want all of it" just before Gamel merged with her. The motions that she was doing while saying that made it stick in my mind. Speaking of her and Gamel, I wonder if they are going to make a return appearance. They can't just disappear like that. Uva is becoming more like Kazari but I don't think he will realize that. Also, I truly believe Maki will betray Kougami at some point with how they viewed the experiment as Kougami saw it as a failure while Maki does not.

Now let's get to Kamen Rider Birth. Sorry Gotou, Maki screwed you over and some random guy gets the Birth system. I found it funny that they actually show a manual for the belt. I don't recall any other Rider except for the G3/G3X having manuals. I don't quite understand why there's a capsule that needs to be pop opened every time you want to do something with the belt but I like the parts for the weapons are in the suit itself.
A-freaking-men Phoenix, I really couldn't put it any better XD. Same goes with Luna
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I felt trolled. Although I like R5s actor, so I hope he doesn't get shafted and this is not just another 'experiment' from Maki to screw with Goto. I find it funny that he's played by R5, and the Birth System voice sounds very similar to the Rescue Commander . Also Preview Spoilers regarding his name
Spoiler
His last name is Date. Birth, Date. lol

Also, 10 episodes since we last saw GataKiriBa. Proves that it is OP lol.

After this, I felt sorry for Gamel and Mezool, especially when Eiji looked at that picture he took of Gamel. To me, it seems like Maki was the true villain in this. Although, I think the whole ordeal has given Eiji some proper driver to fight the Greeed from now on, which is good. Although, it wasn't the same as when Kirhiko died in W, it kind of has the same effect. I'm hoping that if these guys are staying dead, there will be other antagonists to take their place eventually.

Also, I find it very unusual that Birth is addressed directly as a Kamen Rider, but OOO has not been called a Kamen Rider in series yet. Maybe it'll catch on from here?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I dunno about the designation of Kamen Rider being used first for Birth. It'd be nice if they suddenly went, oh yeah, OOO does the same thing, he should be called a Kamen Rider too after the fact the way W did

Preview spoiler:
Spoiler
Oh man, I didn't realize that about his name, since Date is pronounced completely differently in Japanese. Is that even considered a pun if it sounds different?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I don't know, I just figured it was intentional.

Also, how does one actually kill a Greeed? They are just a mass of O Medals. Surely if Cores and Cells are gathered it would revive them? Hopefully this gets elaborated on. I think Kazari and Uva are starting to wisen up a little, hopefully the collection of cores they have give them some new powers (like how they said it let Ankh stay as an arm). Also, noted that the completed Greeed had something Golden set in the centre of their belt where the hole used to be.

It seems that Maki and Cake Boss have different expectations as well. It'll be interesting to see how this Birth vs Desctruction thing plays out in the end. Oh, and Kazari has figured out the puppet weakness, and I wonder how long he is going to keep the Peafowl medal before showing Ankh he has it.

Also, in the fight, Ankh went to throw a medal. The lighting makes it look really red, but I'm assuming its the Lion Medal, although the hilariousness of swapping Taka medals would be good.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

finally i can post these:

Spoiler
this one was made a few weeks ago at least. i forget the day i found it.

this one was made a few days ago.
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

All I can say about 16 is Eiji looks like a pinyata (sp), and Birth looks like the tin man. FYI if you hear me refering to the tin man, I am talkign about KR Birth. Now can someone please give me a can opener?
chickdigger802
7X

Post by chickdigger802 »

Kamen rider Birth? Breast Cannon?

SuperRicko
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Henshin Belts

Post by SuperRicko »

Yeah, I also noticed that Birth was called "Kamen Rider" first than OOO. I really think they should continue the trend to input the franchise name to the actual characters like in W.

I collect the S.H.Figuarts of Kamen Riders and W is the only one called "Kamen Rider" while the rest is "Masked Rider". I'm sure there's a logical explanation to it so it's not a big problem, but still, would be nice to see some symmetry to it.

Nice to see some character development on all the villains, just hate to see that it got rid of 2 of them without even showing more on their transition to the reasoning of "gotta collect 'em all" before kicking the bucket. Though Kazari is still one-up over Uva mainly coz he thought of "evolving" earlier.
You only get 3 choices in life... BE Good. GET Good. GIVE Up.
Sloth MD
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by Sloth MD »

Thanks Tv-Nihon... this made my day so much better. ; w;

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”