Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Gokaiger 02 released

Post by takenoko »

Ah, a much better episode. They keel-hauled some snot-nosed brat and then beat up some more bad guys. Still liking the weapon exchange gimmick for now. Seems kind of disappointing that you can plug any key into the weapons and they still make the same noise though, I guess it's not really realistic to expect a different sound for each key

The origin story for Marvelous, man that was good. I mean really, this is in continuity with Boukenger versus Super Sentai? That's pretty awesome. I'm glad we got to see the origin instead of Marvelous just telling the kid or some woman showing up to explain things to the audience

I also felt like we were going to see Kai from the beginning of the episode with the prediction. Still, good old Kai. I like MagiRanger and I'm really looking forward to the next episode

Also, I like it when mecha wear hats
ImageImage
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Gokaiger 2 released

Post by PHurricane »

I agree that this was a fun episode to watch. The battle choreography is so entertaining. So many details, so many fun tricks. I wasn't expecting the double-gun, double-sword and mixed weapon variations of Final Wave. It was also impressive to see Gokai-Ou doing flips, even if it was CG.

Speaking of CG, the shot of GokaiGalleon in the sky is pretty cool. I guess the residents got used to a giant ship floating above them.

I'm still enjoying the characters a lot. The "Eh?!" sequence when they first see all the different people in black was hilarious. Speaking of hilarious, I love Doc. From the running-in-place he does in the opening sequence to the way he bears the brunt of everyone's physical frustrations, the guy cracks me up.

Marvelous started to irritate me this episode. His facial expressions do something weird that make it seem like they don't match what he's saying or feeling. Ironic, since he also starred in one of the best sequences of the episode. That flashback where AkaRed popped up was awesome because it completely caught me by surprise. I love that sentai can still surprise me. (How's people's lip-reading? I wonder how long we'll be debating what Marvelous shouted before it's revealed.)

Kai is back! Magiranger isn't my favorite series, but it was still very cool to see him pop up at the end. I already like this cast enough that I don't need to see old cast members making an appearance, but I can't deny that I'm excited about what this means for future episodes.
Warrior of Zarona
!Wizards
!Wizards

Post by Warrior of Zarona »

I love that the Gokaigers are starting off with a bang as far as their attacks go, but man, it makes me feel like they won't have much to offer/it'll get old and it'll slow down by middle to end of the series. I hope I'm wrong.

And man, I'm really seeing how much more broken the Gokaiger's are. They not only can transform into their respective colors, but into OTHER colors as well. I kinda like this, and yet at the same time, I don't, because this lack of restriction to colors just makes it seem like they have no real weaknesses, and that there's no... how should I say... respected charm to it. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone else except in my head.

Gokai-Ou looks really fun to watch - the agility reminds me of Gekiranger's Geki Touja, though it looks so blocky when using their Star Burst attack. A new prediction comes to mind - what if Gokai-Ou can also transform into previous Super Sentai mechs?! Really something to look forward to.

Akared?! With a 35 on his chest?! I'm glad they brought him in here, because now there's a strong Super Sentai continuity that hasn't been broken - Akared being the source of their powers would completely make sense.

Speaking of continuity, the actual Kai's back! I'm glad they're able to have original actors cameo in this series. I'm sure we'll look forward to more in the future, but I hope they don't ruin it somehow using new actors with some alternate reality excuse.

Looking forward for more, for sure!
Gokaifan
Go Go!
Favorite series: gokaiger
Dreamy: Doc
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Japan
Quote: Never go to bed angry, stay awake and plot your revenge.

I fight evil wherever it may be... except in dark, scary places.

Post by Gokaifan »

PHurricane wrote: Speaking of hilarious, I love Doc. From the running-in-place he does in the opening sequence to the way he bears the brunt of everyone's physical frustrations, the guy cracks me up.

(How's people's lip-reading? I wonder how long we'll be debating what Marvelous shouted before it's revealed.)
I love this series too. Doc is hilarious.
To your question about lip-reading: I would swear he said otoo-san (dad) first time I saw it, but somehow, that doesn't make any sense to me.

I like to see Kai again, but is it just me or looks his hair like Ankh's?
Warrior of Zarona
!Wizards
!Wizards

Personally, I see him saying:

"AKAREDDO"

I mean, it IS Akared. The way his mouth moves to start with the "AH" sound makes me lean that way. It just makes the most sense too.
Gokaifan
Go Go!

Post by Gokaifan »

could be, but when the boy said he saw them change into other Sentai, Luka didn't seem to know what it was. So I thought none of them knew about Super Sentai. And AkaRed didn't introduce himself to Marvelous (at least, not in the flashback)
Warrior of Zarona
!Wizards
!Wizards

Yeah, Akared and Marvelous may have already known each other before this incident. I mean, it's so brief that we really don't know anything yet about their past except how they got their powers. I'm thinking they're definitely going to dive into that, especially their planet's history with Zangyack.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Hmmm. Wouldn't it be great if it turns out Marvelous and the rest of the pirates were from Earth all along?
Gokaifan
Go Go!

Post by Gokaifan »

that would be an interesting plot-twist.
I think they'll have to come from the Earth in the far (or near) future, since their planet was destroyed.

(Ahh! that's going to happen in 2012! :D )
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

I liked this episode. It was worth watching before work. LOL

And it's official: Doctor "Green" is the whipping boy of the crew.

I liked how they combined the attacks this time: MagiRed's Fire with GoseiRed's wind, GekiRed's Jyuken and GaoRed's furious attack all to weaken him for some Shinken Revenge.

Also, I like how they integrated MagiRanger's episode title gimmick in the preview. I really hope we can see Jan/GekiRed in the future episodes, he was one of my favorite Reds.

Speaking of Reds: I kind of feel sorry for the monster just because he saw all red before blowing up lol. "Aka baka."

Can't wait, this series is really nice. Fortune telling parrot, cute.
johnnytalker
Adventure
Favorite series: Super Sentai Series

Post by johnnytalker »

takenoko wrote:Hmmm. Wouldn't it be great if it turns out Marvelous and the rest of the pirates were from Earth all along?
Or maybe they're half-humans. They could be offsprings from any of the Fiveman.

I say Marvelous did shout "Akareddo!"

When I saw the Magiranger emblem, I anticipated to see a Magiranger. But I actually thought it was Long (Gekiranger's final villain) before I realized it was indeed Kai.
Gokai Red
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Quote: Let's make this showy!

Post by Gokai Red »

Marvelous is funny xD

Thanks for the release.
DereklBarona
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: When in doubt, Rider Kick.

Re: Gokaiger 02 released

Post by DereklBarona »

I like how the ship was still sitting parked in the city like nothing's wrong. Oh hang on guys, I gotta go feed some quarters into the meter.

I like the interchangable weapons and powers, but I'm hoping we get some character-specific moves before too much longer, so that the anniversary part of this series isn't the entire setup it's built around. I guess I just don't want this to start looking like Decade, where most of the powers that didn't involve another Rider were really kind of bland and basic.

Poor Doc. I think I know why his bounty's only Z100. Even the empire knows he's the group punching bag.

The fights in this show so far are really good. The sword fighting isn't, say, on Shinkenger's level, but the gunfighting has been astoundingly well done so far. I hope we don't see them do weapon switching every episode, since it'll get old that way, but the ones they've done so far have been pretty decently set up. They probably aren't gonna top Marvelous' gun kick last episode, though.

That poor kid, though. I know he's not a trained fighter like a normal Sentai and all that, but did anyone else seriously wince at watching him fight as ShinkenRed? It really hurt to watch that level of amateur fighting from a Shinkenger, even when I knew it was making a point.

And speaking of reds, I made a vow before the show started that I wasn't going to laugh at the genderflip suits but....GekiRed with a skirt option. XD
shadowneko003
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Abaranger
Favorite Band: Cascada
Quote: Her boyfriend's a pilot

Post by shadowneko003 »

At first, I thought the a man in black would be a Kuroko (since they were the last people in black that we saw) but I realized that with the toy schedule and episode summaries, that the Magirangers had black coats as well.

LJ Blogger
Do not PM me about DDL links. Please report them here in the correct forum

YES, we know our DDL links are dead! READ THIS.
prophetcrw
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Favorite Band: Anberlin
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: 'itsumo anata no soba ni iru'

Post by prophetcrw »

pretty awesome episode overall.

loved the AkaRed cameo. nice to see that he was the source of the Ranger Keys. A little curious why he's fighting with Gokai weapons tho'. But i guess if the is the source of all power for all Red's past and future, then why not use weapons from a future senshi leader?

Nice Deka change and Hurricanger change. One of the things im enjoying about these changes is seeing the gender switches on costumes. Particularly the Crimson Hurricanger female version and Geki Red female version. The Gokai All Red change might be a little bit comically with the device narrator calling out Sentai names everytime. I can see how that could get annoying, but personally I laugh by the time we get to the 4th call out because of how ridiculous it kinda is.

Over all, im excited and looking forward to the next episode. Looks like former sentai members might come back to mentor and shepard our heroes into being the true new sentai of the Earth? possible.

Also, Final Wave is officially the most badass and brutal thing I've ever seen. Again, I find it that I like that this Sentai looks like its going to be all about learning about humility and selflessness. Makes sense as these are not Pirate qualities, but ARE key Sentai qualities. Also like how Gokaiger are already this super powerful and capable group. It's not about a group of misfits or rookies becoming masters of their abilities. Gokaiger have all the power they need in the Ranger Keys. However, its going to take the lessons and sheparding of previous Sentai to perfect and grow their abilities. Very appealing and somehow unique.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”