DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Re: Gokaiger 01 released

Post by DrowningFishy »

JSoup wrote:
nekuth wrote:am i the only one to notice the show focused on Curry Rice? wasn't that the favourite food of one of the Gorangers? maybe we'll see a theme along those lines, a little thing from each series
It bugged the crap out of me at the time as I had been craving beef curry rice for a few weeks (a craving a dealt with this last weekend). Sadly, it really is one of those dishes that just tastes better when a restaurant makes it.

Not when I make curry. XD Guess I am lucky I know how to make curry that when I saw that all I had to do was go in the kitchen. XD Theme along the lines of curry (or food) I could live with that.
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

squashy wrote:I wonder if there would be a KR Decade crossover or an AkaRed episode ...
Preview spoiler:
Spoiler
Look familiar?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

nekuth wrote:am i the only one to notice the show focused on Curry Rice? wasn't that the favourite food of one of the Gorangers?
Yeah, KiRanger's. Although with Abaranger's head writer being this show's writer, I wouldn't doubt it's a Dino House ref. as well.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Yeah, the crossover movies used to be full of those references.
chickdigger802
7X

Post by chickdigger802 »

I remember when I watched the raw I was sure tvnihon's 'final wave' would pulse with the sword flashes.

Still, the current effect is pretty nice =)
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

This is the first Sentai series I've watched in a while. Gotta say I'm pretty impressed with it so far. I just hope they don't gloss over things like Decade did. Things like how the Gokaiger managed to get the powers of every Sentai team after they were sacrificed. And would it be too much to hope for some cameos?

Also, the teacher pointing out who the Goranger were didn't bother me too much, as after the Rider...er...Ranger War, those 34 teams "became a legend." That tells me that quite some time has passed, so the kids might not know what Sentai teams are.

All in all, an interesting premise.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I like the new SHT opening with the OOO driver voice saying it, but they don't have the episode descriptions :(

Also, great symbolisim in the start. Martial art themed reds fighting together, Car themed, ninja themed etc. Little things like that make me smile.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

So this was an interesting first episode. I'm still intrigued to find out how the plot of this show will be. I mean, its cool that they're transforming into past Sentai teams but what's the purpose? At least Decade had a purpose to go get all the KR powers. The WTF moment for me in this episode was seeing MagiYellow in a female's costume and MagiBlue in a male's costume. That got tripping out for one minute. Lol...
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

Kamen Rider Raven wrote:This is the first Sentai series I've watched in a while. Gotta say I'm pretty impressed with it so far. I just hope they don't gloss over things like Decade did. Things like how the Gokaiger managed to get the powers of every Sentai team after they were sacrificed. And would it be too much to hope for some cameos?

Also, the teacher pointing out who the Goranger were didn't bother me too much, as after the Rider...er...Ranger War, those 34 teams "became a legend." That tells me that quite some time has passed, so the kids might not know what Sentai teams are.

All in all, an interesting premise.
Decade glossed over, no Decade was like a bull in a china shop. After the first ep of Decade you got the feeling of ut oh, but it still can happen. Hell GACKT was involved so it should have been epic. Nother reason why I compare it to a bull in a china shop. Gokaiger shouldn't be compared to decade. For one right off the bat it made me feel like a kid again, and two it is Sentai not Kamen Rider. Riders, are not Sentai. There are some things sentai's can do, like team work, that riders suck at, like said team work. I think SEntai might just have this thing covered.
kuiumgi
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Quote: fuck you power rangers

Post by kuiumgi »

you can tell right from the firs episode that gokiger is going to be better than goseiger
its awesome also the noise their morphers make is halerious :lol: :lol:
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

This was a double post I believe. How strange.
Last edited by chronoxiong on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShinkenYellow8503
Favorite series: Go-Onger
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger
Dreamy: Tani Chiaki
Favorite Actor?: Johnny Yong Bosch
Favorite Band: Eyeshine
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Doctor Who
Quote: "There is no such thing as coincidence, in this world there is only Hitsuzen."
~Yuko Ichihara from xxxHOLiC~

Post by ShinkenYellow8503 »

i'm new to Sentai so this should be educational if nothing else. man, Marvelous seems like such a tool. and Luka seems spoiled. i think the past Sentai are gonna have to come back in some way, like Alata-san for starters ^^, to teach them there's more to life than riches and power. Takeru-sama would probably beat the crap outta Marvelous, teach him some respect.

i'll keep up with it in hopes they do learn the value of life. judging by Episode 2's title (after Shinkenger and Goseiger, i was hoping they'd call their episodes something cool like Log as in Captain's log) i think they'll learn a little something.
Once a Ranger
Always a Ranger
ShinkenYellow8503
Favorite series: Go-Onger
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger
Dreamy: Tani Chiaki
Favorite Actor?: Johnny Yong Bosch
Favorite Band: Eyeshine
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Doctor Who
Quote: "There is no such thing as coincidence, in this world there is only Hitsuzen."
~Yuko Ichihara from xxxHOLiC~

Post by ShinkenYellow8503 »

chronoxiong wrote:
chronoxiong wrote:So this was an interesting first episode. I'm still intrigued to find out how the plot of this show will be. I mean, its cool that they're transforming into past Sentai teams but what's the purpose? At least Decade had a purpose to go get all the KR powers. The WTF moment for me in this episode was seeing MagiYellow in a female's costume and MagiBlue in a male's costume. That got me tripping out for one minute. Lol...
MagiBlue's shade is NOT a guy color. it looked bad, but MagiYellow on Luka was nice. i like that ep. 2
Spoiler
is gonna have GekiRed and MagiRed as girls, they look so cute.
Last edited by Lunagel on Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please remember to use the spoiler tag when talking about previews
Once a Ranger
Always a Ranger
HIDragonstar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo, Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojiro
Dreamy: Kaoru, Kotoha,Wakana

Post by HIDragonstar »

Talk about a nostalgia run...

Just before downloading this episode I had found about 1/2 of my first anime, "Yuusha Raideen" Then I watch Gokaiger and see almost every single Sentai that I grew up with when I was younger... Goranger, JAKQ, Battle Fever J. Then I realized something about that ship was a bit familiar, made me think of both Queen Emeraldas, and Captain Harlock (more shows from my youth).

REALLY ENJOYED this episode. I love how Marvelous just is kinda cool and composed with everything. The others might be ducking, or hiding. He's just standing there almost like what is going on is 'beneath his notice'.

Ninja Sentai... Pirate... ooo.. PIRATE NINJA! (I hope I don't get too blasted... )

I hope we at least see some of the older Sentai casts, that would be great. Who knows, maybe its their real job is to restore the older Sentai's powers back. I'd love to see Suzu... er... Shinkenger again. Although, I did have a crush on Reiko Chiba...
People say that the real world isn't black or white, its shades of gray. I prefer to think its a rainbow spectrum, when any color is dark enough, its black, when any color is light enough, its white. Yet, there is a spectrum of cultures and values.
kyumie
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by kyumie »

@HIDragonstar

It's more like.

Power Rangers Space Pirates :twisted:

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”