Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Gokaiger 5 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Navi directs the crew to the police where Marvelous gets arrested by some familiar police officers.

Spoiler
Jasmine was awesome with tricking Marvelous into the handcuffs. And then Luka was ready about to fight and then saying to run away was funny as well. The Guarddog of Hell is still a badass even without DekaMaster powers. I'm still not used to seeing Go-On Black so short. They did Dekaranger with perfect justice.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Gokaiger 5 released

Post by takenoko »

Kinoshita Ayumi is lovely as ever. Man, this really did a good job at reminding me of why I loved DekaRangers.

For a moment, I was hoping to see Doggie transformed into DekaMaster, but I assume he lost his powers too. Anyway, the only thing that I thought was kind of disappointing was the way they got the DekaRanger's Grand Power. It didn't really seem like they earned it the way GokaiGreen earned the MagiRanger's one.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I should mention this in the first post but due to the earthquake coverage, both this episode and OOO 26 is going to look a bit different. There was a news crawl that made the show about 75% of its original resolution so you may wonder why you see some shuttering at some points along with the clock being partially cut off for most of the episode. It was cropped that way by the raw encoder and then me and Azazel made some frame by frame cropping of the parts when they transition from the news crawl to the whole screen and vice versa.

Maybe some time in the future that we maybe rerelease those episodes when the Blu-Rays come out.
prsentai
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club

Post by prsentai »

I thought this episode's plot was lacking and it left me hoping for more, but in my opinion, the action scenes were AMAZING! I liked seeing Go-Onger and Dairanger again, and I thought that they did a pretty good job of acting like the Dairangers. Marvelous' fight was just pure epic. An amazing fight + an epic theme song = win. The Dekaranger fight was cool too. DekaGokai-Ou made me remember Dekaranger robo if not by the scenery, the guns, and Patrol Striker in the torso, that I don't know what else.
Kiva Jyu Fly Ken Tatsulot
prophetcrw
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Favorite Band: Anberlin
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: 'itsumo anata no soba ni iru'

Post by prophetcrw »

Phoenix512 wrote:I should mention this in the first post but due to the earthquake coverage, both this episode and OOO 26 is going to look a bit different. There was a news crawl that made the show about 75% of its original resolution so you may wonder why you see some shuttering at some points along with the clock being partially cut off for most of the episode. It was cropped that way by the raw encoder and then me and Azazel made some frame by frame cropping of the parts when they transition from the news crawl to the whole screen and vice versa.

Maybe some time in the future that we maybe rerelease those episodes when the Blu-Rays come out.
i think the least we can do to be understanding and supporting of the quake as toku fans is to not worry about our resolution or some fluttering in our show. im glad you pointed this out phoenix, before it became an issue and some watcher said something without thinking and it became a debacle.
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I'm still trying wrap my head around the idea that the DekaRangers' powers were lost. I always assumed that their powers came from a technological source.

It is weird how the SPD are so impotent against the Zangyack Empire orbiting the planet and causing a lot of destruction. I guess they don't have any choice if Earth is such a remote planet in the SPD jurisdiction.

Marvelous is turning out to be quite a mischief maker. I couldn't tell whether he was pretending to sleep or woke up when he heard that their infamous reputation was growing.

It's good to see there is something unique to each grand power. I guess they will use Deka Gokai-Ou when the situation calls for some gun fu.
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

(I notice there is excessive usage of wire-fu in this episode. It could just be me)

(Dairanger with updated effects. That is just awesome. Not as kewl with the martial arts as in the original series though)
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Arigomi wrote:I'm still trying wrap my head around the idea that the DekaRangers' powers were lost. I always assumed that their powers came from a technological source.
I guess it's safe to assume that all of the tech surrounding it was destroyed/lost or something like that.

I have one question in regards to the transformations. In Dekaranger (Or S.P.D) they (meaning the rangers in the series) received S.W.A.T armor (not sure what it's called in Dekaranger) and in two other series, Abararanger and Gekiranger, the rangers also got power ups in terms of armor. My question is this: Are their other keys that hold these forms or do they just have to say the phrase related to the rangers to get that form? I just thought about this as i watched this episode, and I'm sure it will be something on everyone else later down the road.
Raitaro
Post Monkey
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaoranger
Dreamy: Jasmine (DekaYellow)
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Favorite Band: UVERworld
My boom: Dekaranger
Quote: Now Count Up Your Sins!-Kamen Rider W
Mind If I Reel You In?-Uratraros
F**k This Man I'm Going Into Anime-Nostailga Critic

Post by Raitaro »

Ireally liked this episode i thought jasmine and ban had too short of a apperance but doggies badassness made up for that
Active
KR- Hibiki OOO
SS- Zyuranger Carranger Timeranger Gokaiger
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Oh man, really wanted a DekMaster appearance, although none of the others have transformed so far, so I guess its no real letdown.

Also yay for DaiRanger.
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

YAY for Kii_Chan for posting direct DLs so I did not have to wait to get home to torrent. :lol:

Well looks like the bounty is up on our lovable pirates from 3,300,100 zagins to 6,751,000 zagins. Green of course being a thorn in no ones arse and the cheapest head.

On to the episode itself; Dekayellow was very slick in tricking a certian red pirate into a not so Marvelous moment. Though her time in the episode was short it was well worth it.

The fight scenes with Marvelous cuffed were done very good. Some flexible kick action going on there. I thought yellow was about to fight, but instead they ended up bailing. Well, every man for himself!

The Mecha fight still amazed how much of a face lift they gave the usually clunky fight scene. Though is it just me or are they finially distroying LESS of the city though obviously still hitting several buildings. Yes I know that building was cut in half and then booted, then shot a hole in, then obliterated but still no mass building damage.

Fight said and done we finially get to see another of the Dekarangers, and em I the only one who thought Ban looked horrible with his hair like that. When he showed up I couldn't help but to start laughing.

Over all I am very amused by this episode. It goes to further prove that no matter what happens life is just one giant game for Captian Marviolous. I wonder is there anything that could wipe the smirk off his face.

About the ending:
Spoiler
About the ending the first ending Blue got kissed by a dolphin, how he's incased by a heart and he breaks I am assuming Zyurangers egg (Zyuranger was a dinosaur fantasy). I get the feeling blue is full of closeted fetishes we wish not to know about. Talking about fantasies the girls looked thrilled being between two reds. :mrgreen:
Pyche
Gao
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Onger
My boom: sonic
Instagram: @pyche_art

Post by Pyche »

I kinda liked it. I figured Ban and Jasmine to have a bigger role though.

It's also nice to see Marvelous do some out of suit fighting. Haven't seen that yet I don't think.

I honestly didn't notice the ratio change on the SD version at least. It only clicked when i looked up and the time was half cut off.

Oh and next episode:
Spoiler
Luka in a maid suit! I think I made a little mess...
JSoup

Post by JSoup »

Having no knowledge of Dekaranger outside of what little I saw of PR: SPD, I am NOW interested in knowing more.

EDIT: To everyone who caught my typo and was insulted, my bad, it wasn't intentional.
Last edited by JSoup on Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

JSoup wrote:Having no knowledge of Dekaranger outside of what little I saw of PR: SPD, I am not interested in knowing more.
Um, PR does not in anyway shape or form = sentai. Watch Dekaranger, it's awesome and very amusing. Especially when we learn one spider race does not differantiate between Male and Females. XD

And Pyche your mom is going to be angry when she has to clean up that little mess.
Pyche
Gao
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Onger
My boom: sonic
Instagram: @pyche_art

Post by Pyche »

DrowningFishy wrote:And Pyche your mom is going to be angry when she has to clean up that little mess.
Not to worry, I clean up my own little messes... if that sounds any better...

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”