Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Gokaiger 13 released

Post by takenoko »

Hey kids, did you know you can walk down the street and a guy with a gun can kidnap you? Well, you do now!

Kind of feels like this was our first real Ahim episode. It was alright, I guess. Learned a bit about her past and saw some Gingaman action
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Gokaiger 13 released

Post by zeta_gundam »

I find it funny how Joe/Luka and Ahim/Doc had to switch sides for the transformation sequence. What the heck was that for? That's one of those "Why the heck?!" moments in Sentai.

I really like the Gingaman moments. I wished they did that when they did the Shinkenger tribute as well.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I was surprised at how low-key the explanation about Ahim's background was, but it does explain why Zangyack didn't realize she had survived when everyone else on her planet died.

The "kidnapping" plot ended up being pretty amusing. We got more evidence that Ahim likes to help people, even if her perception of how to help is a bit skewed. Given the circumstances, the way everyone jumped to the conclusion that it was Zangyack that kidnapped her was pretty reasonable, and they even acknowledged the biggest hole in their logic as far as the money was concerned. Ahim playing dumb and letting them roll with the assumption Zangyack was the kidnapper was a little devious.

The line-up correction made me laugh too. A few other things made me chuckle. The way they barged into the warehouse, guns a-blazing - I suspect they would have been more likely to hit Ahim than rescue her if she had actually still been in there. The monster sneezing because the pirates are talking about him - I missed that the first time, but it was funny the second time through.

But that black thing that was shot...that was Ahim's headband, right? When Joe picked it up, it was so big that it looked more like a belt.

I'm really digging how frequently they fight as civilians. Joe literally fighting with one hand behind his back (both as a civilian and in Gingaman) was pretty stylish. Has he been doing that all series? Luka was stealing Doc’s thunder a bit with a comic element to her fight. And Marvelous...that fake out by letting the Goumin go after having him at point-blank firing range, only to shoot him without turning around was, well, marvelous.

Speaking of Gingaman, they spent a lot of time in those suits. They didn't get a Grand Power for them, but it felt like a tribute episode.

Ahim's actress was in Rescue Fire too? Huh. I don't think I recognize her.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

If you look at his fencing from last episode, I'm pretty certain Joe has his hand behind his back.

I liked the comedy in this episode, especially assuming the Zangyack was the kidnapper lol.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Hope there are Doc's episode too after this. He's not exactly a popular character, but there's a lot of mysteries surrounding him.

BTW, I just checked Ahim's appearance in Kamen Rider W's finale. She definitely looks hotter in there than in Gokaiger. Although that can be because of the hot pants.
PFire
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger

Post by PFire »

I just about died laughing when Don put the Goumin in the Figure 4 Leg Lock and made him tap out lol and when Luka hurt her head after bumping heads with the Goumin HAHA priceless!!!

Episode 14 Spoiler
Spoiler
ZYURANGER AGAIN WOOHOO!!!!
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

"Rumored" Space Pirates? How can they be rumored? The flew in from space and announced their presence in public, and have since lived in a giant flying pirate ship over a major city.
(How come they haven't gotten in trouble for that anyway?)
preview:
Spoiler
Looks like I'm going to have to watch some Carranger before next week.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
chickdigger802
7X

Post by chickdigger802 »

The only problem is that if it's soo easy for them to beat up grunts in civilian mode, why even henshin except to fight the monster of the week? Same logic problem I had with at least old Power Rangers. Still looks cool though. When was the last Sentai with so much civilian fighting? Most civilian fighting is for the last eps ;)

Well to be fair, most Sentai/Rider actors look like they can't even hurt a flower =P

Still with the actors had a bit less makeup and stuff on the face (seriously joe...). Pirates, not glamor models ;)
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Aihm needs a bigger background story. Then again, everyone except Joe and Marvelous needs to explain their backgrounds a little more. Actually, I'm waiting for episode 16 (and no, this isn't a spoiler. Just wishful thinking) to see if Doc gets a background ep.
Episode 14:
Spoiler
Carranger Red (Turbo red).....did he star in any other sentais/Japanese shows? I've never watched Carranger before, but he seems familiar for some reason.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

LOL @ how doc pushes Ahim to the right place in the transformation moment.

And I think that was the first time marvelous let someone else say their catchphrase.

As always, I liked how they fought without transforming. And this time the camera was near them, so they had the actors do most of it.

Did you notice how the guys kept picking on a single gormin? And LOL at Joe being hit and getting angry while doing that. I guess they were really pissed about them kidnapping Ahim.

Shinken GoukaiOh is huge. It must be terrible for the SA.

If Shinken uses GaoLion, maybe Gosei will use MagiDragon... And maybe Car or Turbo will use PatStriker...

At least Ahim said she was sorry...
PFire
Favorite series: Gokaiger

Post by PFire »

FangTrigger please read your PM Inbox for information Regarding your Spoiler :D
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

I like that Ahim was like eh screw the monster, just lie. That was beyond lol. After all the nonsense they do. Why not abuse them.
Preview
Spoiler
It's really cool that Red Racer is wearing his original outfit in the episode.
psychogoatee
Infinity
Favorite series: 555
Dreamy: Cutie Honey
Favorite Band: Elvenking
My boom: Metal Gear

Post by psychogoatee »

Oh man. This episode sounds like great stuff, looking forward to checkin' it out. Subtle waiting for the HD remark :P. I don't mind waiting, but since it seems like the episode is out its extra... waity. But you guys are great and appreciated none the less.

Gokaiger rocks so hard, puts a smile on my face every time, just a damn fun show with really likeable characters. And very stylish fights!
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

It was nice to see the writers playing around with the "damsel in distress" trope since Ahim is a princess.

Ahim's special skill seems to be making the most out of her good luck. If you change one detail, everything would've played out differently.
Forever Blue
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Forever Blue »

Another great episode. The humor factor was up high, but it worked. Was it me, or did Joe seem very angry this episode, what with all the rapid punching. And, as usual, watching Doc fight just makes me smile.

I don't know if I missed this in the earlier episodes or not, but are Marvelous' pants more crazy than usual? Or did the up leg poses just make them stick out?

I hope this wasn't Ahim's full background episode. Kinda want to know more about how she escaped, met the crew, ended up joining and what not.

Also, thumbs up for next episode.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”