W Returns: Accel released (read first post before watching)

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
chickdigger802
7X

Re: W Returns: Accel released (read first post before watchi

Post by chickdigger802 »

as much as I like the movie, there is this weird disconnect of for some reason everybody knows kungfu after the tv show ;)

sakamoto rampaging over japan. The twist was kinda obvious though, and W coming to help was pretty pointless and felt like they were just there for fanservice.

Glad Terui acted like a man again, by the end of W I started to question his... sexuality. Over the series his pants seem to get tighter, his makeup seem to be more pronounce o_O.

On another note, it does feel like TV-N's releases are coming in a bit slower than usual. Busy times eh? Keep up the good work =)
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

Ha! I knew that guy at the bar had to be a somebody!

Booster looks cool, but the flying is kind of awkward.
I prefer Trial overall.

The abundance of out-of-suit action scenes combined with the fact that I recently played a lot of L.A. Noire makes me want a GOOD Kamen Rider Accel(or W) video game. Obviously it would probably be more action focused then that game, but I still think riding around Fuuto and solving cases would be awesome. Especially if it had both regular fights and Rider vs Dopant fights.

edit: It is cool you included the commentary. Who are the guys doing it?
(I'm not going to ask you guys to sub it. Is that even something people fansub?)
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
nekollx
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by nekollx »

While i agree aiko is annoying i felt her concerns were valid, imagine that your husband (or wife) never said your name, and in fact kept calling you Doctor, Sir, or some other title but he'll call the bag lady down at the grocery market Grace and the criminal he is persueing Fran.

I like Booster, mainly because i kept adding "gold" at the end. As for what power Booster would have without Teru injured leg i think it would be the same, the Booster Jets are the power, and he basically abused them since he couldn't stand on his own two feet.
Super Sentai/Kamen Rider fan subs for the PSP http://tvnihon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=8802

My Laptop is Dying, want to help? http://nekollx.deviantart.com/journal/40051434/
jedimax
7X

Post by jedimax »

Very nice movie. Was surprised to Jinno little fight scene in the warehouse even though the end of it was anticlimacticly funny. I loved the the part where Ryuu was kicking ass and taking names in that bar. Does anyone know if he did his own stunts for that one? That scene along with the other out of suit fights made this different from any other Kamen Rider movie I have ever seen.
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

You know, it is a good thing Akiko knew how to fall in slow motion.
I don't think there's anyway the other events of that scene could have happened otherwise.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Very enjoyable, especially Jinno's Jackie Chan movie like fight (you know, excluding the fact that Jinno's near for a stunt double).

As for the whole Ahiko thing, well I don't know about the rest of you but, if my partner never called me by my actual name, I would be more than a little paranoid, never mind that he only called her Chief, not even 'Dear' or anything like that. Of course that would drive her nuts.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Actar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hanasaki Tsubomi
My boom: Stuff
Quote: Love what do do, do what you love.

Post by Actar »

Everyone pretty much said what I was thinking, from Akiko to the shaky camera to the awesome action and story.

However, the thing that actually surprised me the most is that Jinno actually got shot, with blood to boot! Even though he's still fine in the end, being a comic relief semi-main character, it was really shocking to actually see him getting injured when you least expect it, especially from the KRW series. Awesome stuff.

Also loved booster form, but am also slightly skeptical of the color choice. It being yellow, made me think it was an intermediate form being between Accel and Trial. I think keeping the red with the upgraded armor would have been the most ideal.

...and just a funny coincidence, I also just got my DX Accel Driver in the mail today. (^.^;) Now I want a DX Upgrader, though that's probably never going to happen...
Video Reviewer of Anime Figures, Mecha and Merchandise. ( ̄‿‿ ̄)
- Channel - Blog
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

takenoko wrote:I totally agree with your points on Akiko, PHurricane. Her marriage insecurities are very fitting and the way marriage plays a factor between Terui and the main antagonist worked really well. Having a villain that was poignant and had understandable reasons for the terrible things that he does is the best. Super good.

It's just that the tonally, Akiko is pretty much comic relief up till the slap. Before that point, it's like, "Oh Akiko, that silly woman is making a big deal about an obvious misunderstanding. Now she's following Terui on the bus, ha ha ha." But when she slaps him, it's the tonal equivalent to a record screeching to a halt. Suddenly the viewer is going, "Wait, this is serious? I don't want to see Terui and Akiko work on their marriage, what I'm horny to see is Terui chase the bad guy and save the girl who's in trouble." Obviously they can't have it be serious when she's just hanging out with Shoutarou and Philip (Nao with her divorce forms ready was a a nice touch, by the way) so it's not really a problem that I think has a solution. The sudden tonal shift is what I found jarring.
I don't think I thought of the whole thing as comic relief any point. I viewed it as a problem that really wasn't funny. I got annoyed of how Akiko took such a small problem to me and blew it up out of proportion. I think Shoutarou, Philip, and Nao didn't help things and just compounded the problem even more. So when she met up with Terui on the bus, she wasn't really thinking straight at all.

As for Terui calling her Chief and not really using her name, I think he uses it as a term of endearment not a mere nickname.
prsentai
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club

Post by prsentai »

This movie was really good in my opinion. The shift in focus from W to Accel was really nice, although I would like more W centered stories
Spoiler
although there's a slim chance of that happening again.
But this was the first relationship that I am truly against. The whole thing was forced on us in my opinion. I though it was originally going to be a joke at the end of an episode. They really don't fit each other well. Was I the only one hoping Akkiko was serious about the divorce? But I loved Maki's little crowning moment of awesomeness. The restaurant being run by the magicians was a nice touch as well, making Fuuto really seem more like a community. But man, Fuuto is really crime filled!
Kiva Jyu Fly Ken Tatsulot
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

This movie was really enjoyable. It's a shame Terui never got a show of his own. I also hate all the Akiko moments. Most of them where too distracting and annoying. Especailly the bus scene. It's been a year she's been chief, but she still doesn't care about her actions, that almost got themselves killed... I know I'm gonna get slammed for this. But having the audio commentary track was pointless, since you guys didn't subtitle it. You should of just left it out.
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

Nice movie, can't wait for the Eternal version of W Returns which I believe will be much better than Accel version.

A. About Akiko, well, in my opinion, every insecure persons' problem is simply that their serious lacking of self confidence. In Akiko's case, despite her energetic and sometimes funny personality she does have this problem. Let's give it a thought, the guy (Terui) is the typical guy every women would fall in love with>>Good career, good looking, strong, kind, and to top it all off, he's a town hero. His spouse (Akiko), on the other hand, is an average looking girl (though some says she's cute), annoying, noisy, intrusive (add more if you like). Her insecure feeling festers to the point that she snapped when Terui address the third party (Aoi) with her given name.
Anyway, Akiko has quite a strong physique as a girl too, you know. Missiles launched by Commander Dopant destroyed the building but Akiko didn't seem to be affected by the explosion. e.g. get her body blown off or completely incinerated.

B. Did anyone notice another cameo who's quite famous in J-doramas/J-movies who plays as the drunkard whom Aoi attempted to pick his wallet out of his pocket? The guy's name is Furuta Arata.
Kamen Rider
Gabu
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
My boom: Gaim
Quote: おばあちゃんはこう言ってた。天の道を行き、総てを司る男………俺の名は天道総司

Post by Kamen Rider »

Akiko's fall was SOOOOO slow, like accel ran, tripped, then Aoi stole the upgrader, threw it to ryuu, and he upgraded his memory, then he puts it back in his belt, waited for the transformation to finished, then flew over to save her. Either Akiko was REALLY high up, or she was so light she was practically floating down =.="
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

lol. You gotta suspend your beliefs. If you don't, you have to argue the fact she be dead from those explosions, before she fell.
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

Kamen Rider wrote:Akiko's fall was SOOOOO slow, like accel ran, tripped, then Aoi stole the upgrader, threw it to ryuu, and he upgraded his memory, then he puts it back in his belt, waited for the transformation to finished, then flew over to save her. Either Akiko was REALLY high up, or she was so light she was practically floating down =.="
The real explanation for this could be the same method the dream guys in the Christopher Nolan's Inception movie did when the van's fall was SOOOOO slow
Kamen Rider
Gabu
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
My boom: Gaim
Quote: おばあちゃんはこう言ってた。天の道を行き、総てを司る男………俺の名は天道総司

Post by Kamen Rider »

HyperDrake wrote:
Kamen Rider wrote:Akiko's fall was SOOOOO slow, like accel ran, tripped, then Aoi stole the upgrader, threw it to ryuu, and he upgraded his memory, then he puts it back in his belt, waited for the transformation to finished, then flew over to save her. Either Akiko was REALLY high up, or she was so light she was practically floating down =.="
The real explanation for this could be the same method the dream guys in the Christopher Nolan's Inception movie did when the van's fall was SOOOOO slow
They were in a dream =.="

Return to “Kamen Rider W”