Forum rules
Wiki Link

< W | OOO | Fourze >
markoclix
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger

OOO medals vs. W Gaia memories

Post by markoclix »

I really like both of these shows but one of the things I've noticed is that in OOO I'm still not quite sure exactly what each medal does for OOO. Of course there are some that get more use than others so we are familiar with them (insert your own example here). However, by this point in W I feel like we had a pretty good idea of what each of their Gaia Memories did. So when the MOTW showed up you could begin to make a guess at how Shotarou might handle it or at least what memories you thought would be interesting to see. With OOO you never quite know what to expect when combining medals into "forms" that aren't combos. Its almost like the writers haven't quite figured it out yet either. And by evidence in the show Eiji sure hasn't. Ankh may be the only one who really knows what each medal does. What are other people's thoughts on this?
CrimsonJoker
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Natsumikan
Favorite Actor?: David Tennant
Favorite Band: Gackt
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Doctor Who

Re: OOO medals vs. W Gaia memories

Post by CrimsonJoker »

Agreed. I usually use a chart on TV Tropes (I do recommend you not having a life to lose before going there) but even then some come out of nowhere like the Unagi's water jets. Also, half of them are only from scans. For example: the Shachi has sonic powers? Okay I never remember seeing that. The Sai head's entire point is to hit someone with you head? That's painful.

Memories all the way.
Image Image
Image Image
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

Their where much less combinations with Gaia memories so not surprising that you knew all of the combo's their, and usually most certain memories where always used together like heat/metal, luna/trigger etc.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm fairly certain that there is a description for each on the offical website. Might just be the combos though.
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

All Head medals:
- Lion: Can use blinding/dazzling light (or heat) against others
- Kuwagata: Can use electricity to electrocute others
- Sai: Makes OOO's body tougher and can head-butt others
- Taka: Extremely-improved vision to locate things
- Shachi: A bit similar with Taka but via sound waves (animal Echolocation). They displayed it thermal vision-like style, though
- Ptera: Flight ability and can generate Ice, maybe
Movie preview spoiler:
Spoiler
- Orange head in movie preview: ???

It's not that hard to figure out the ability of each medal respectively if you study it yourself via watching the whole episodes without any websites help at all. The W Gaia memories ability are easier to figure coz it's fewer in quantity than OOO medals
Last edited by Lunagel on Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added spoiler tag for movie preview
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

aside from the numbers, when those medals are made into combos they greatly improve the rider's power to the point of almost near the same level of ultimate forms... yeah sure memories have some kind of synergy when paired with another but combo's offer more than that although with some consequences...

also... its not only OOO's who has those medals... those medals that he have constantly rotate or exchange with the enemy that's why eiji is only limited to those combos they have available, unlike W who has their memories with them all the time...
MaskedRideEclipse
Gabu
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hot? Errr, TaJaDoru?
Favorite Actor?: Yu Hasebe
Favorite Band: DREAM
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Gi-Gi-Giga Scan
Quote: At the signature>>>

Post by MaskedRideEclipse »

From my opinion, the head medal had a slight usage when in single and in combo, such as
-Taka Medal
Individual usage: Infrared vision? Well, Eiji can see inside of Kazari.
Combo Usage : It's the Taka Wing that can fly. Kujaku only don't have the wing to fly.
-Kuwagata Medal
Individual usage: Generate lightning (Uva can do that too)
Combo Usage : Split into a massive amount of clone.
-Raion Medal
Individual usage: Blind enemies with dazzling light (effective on Gamel)
Combo Usage : Heat off enemies (at the first, Eiji boiled the river water)
-Sai Medal
Sai didn't really had an usage from my opinion, it's there just to headbutt anyone.
-Shachi Medal
Individual usage: Sonar vision (detect far range enemies)
Combo Usage : Turn the whole body into liquid (like Bio-Rider)
-Ptera Medal
Ptera still never been use in individual (or it can't as PuToTera suit are silver different from others and the medal ring are slightly bigger than others) The usage of Ptera (in combo) is to freeze enemy and to fly (Flying T-Rex, WHOA!!!)
-If all that I'd been said is a spoiler, then kindly delete them or put -snips-
'If you wishes to change the world, Then, you'll need to be stronger than the world itself, If you can, then, You're capables on changing the world.'
HyperDrake
Gabu

Post by HyperDrake »

MaskedRideEclipse wrote: Combo Usage : It's the Taka Wing that can fly. Kujaku only don't have the wing to fly.
-Kuwagata Medal
Individual usage: Generate lightning (Uva can do that too)
Combo Usage : Split into a massive amount of clone.
-Sai Medal
Sai didn't really had an usage from my opinion, it's there just to headbutt anyone.
>>> About TaJaDor combo' wings a.k.a TaJaDor combo' flight ability issue.
- Taka/falcon or hawk - Head part
- Kujaku/male Peafowl a.k.a Peacock - Body part
- Condor (a type of Vulture) - Legs part
I agree with you to put aside Kujaku medal since Kujaku are classified as a non-flying bird. That leaves Taka and Condor then. How could you assume that the wings of TaJaDor combo are the courtesy of Taka medal?? Considering Condor are classified as flying bird too, both medals (Taka and Condor) have the same possibility to contribute in TaJaDor combo' flying ability a.k.a the wings of TaJaDor combo. It's a 50-50 thing, I believe.
But still my theory is not without its flaw if you take into consideration the irregularity of the shape of the bird on the OOO TaJaDor combo' chest. TaJaDor could be the only combo which three foundation medals form a new single entity (bird in this case). Which bird exactly is that on TaJaDor combo' chest? Is it Taka, or Kujaku or Condor? Or is it a new different type of bird maybe???

>>> About GataKiriBa combo' clones/multiplying ability.
The ability in question is the exclusive property of GataKiriBa combo. We don't know for sure whether that ability comes from Kuwagata or Kamakiri or Batta medal. Maybe, the writer came with the idea for that ability from those insects which often appear in a great deal of numbers. My bet is on the Batta (Grasshopper) medal which is seen as one of hated pests by most farmers/peasants, though sole Batta medal can't produce that clones ability.

>>> About the Sai medal which you posted as useless aside from the head-butting feature. You should re-watch the second part of Hino's-faggot-like (not actually faggot though) high-school-friend arc. There, Hino fought the Snow Owl Yummy using Sai-Unagi-Batta combination. You'll recall that Sai has other feature aside from head-butting attack, that is to toughen OOO body and or power-up OOO physical strength.
MaskedRideEclipse
Gabu

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^@HyperDrake
It's my delusion for Taka being the fly wing for TaJaDoru. It's from the shape of the wing itself that I though it's Taka. However, I'm curious to see if Kujaku only could fire peacock Feather as it's Kujaku Wing or it could be accessible only in combo.
About the TaJaDoru ring, it probably a Phoenix, as the shape really resembles Phoenix.
Actually about the head medal had a slight usage in individual and in combo are just my delusion as the head medal are being the thenth core (which means they have there amount per type).
How bout, that the combo itself had the speciality, TaJaDoru had the ability to fire feathers and the wing probably the combo specials (probably is a phoenix wing), GataKiriBa Combo had the ability to split, SaGouZo had the ability to pressure the gravity and ShaUTa turning into water.
About the SaUBa, if the Sai usage is in individual, how can it strengthen others part?
'If you wishes to change the world, Then, you'll need to be stronger than the world itself, If you can, then, You're capables on changing the world.'
HyperDrake
Gabu

Post by HyperDrake »

>>> Phoenix, eh. Are you sure? The Phoenix is universally known as fantasy/mythological beast, not simply an ordinary type of bird or poultry. Isn't fantasy/mythological (or extinct) beasts the exclusive property of the purple core medals??

>>> TaJaDor combo' abilities, as far as I can recall.
I. Equipped with spinner-like long range weapon that can:
a. Shoot fireball or fire orbs
b. Act as a shield
c. Act as a flamethrower
d. Perform Giga Scan finisher moves in three main variations:
d.1. Using cell medals only
d.2. Using any random core medals (aside from Taka-Kujaku-Condor core medals simultaneously)
d.3. Using Taka-Kujaku-Condor core medals simultaneously (you know, that
Gigantic fire bird)
II. Extremely improved vision (can see through the insides of stuff and
long-distance)
III. Flight ability
IV. Shoots Kujaku feather bullets
V. TaJaDor combo' Rider Kick

As for the Kujaku medal only abilities, it's only some of the above listed, that is: Point I.a; I.b; I.d.1; I.d.2; and II.

>>> About the Sai medal that has the effect of strengthening the physical attack and defense of OOO. Well, that's true. Re-watch the episode that I told you before and you can clearly see it yourself (again) that certain event plus the line that Hino mentioned about the effect of Sai.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

OOO medals for the win. The gaia memories are okay but they're not that powerful against OOO's combos.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Well, the Medals, which to be fair are more the Greeed's medals, are containers of greed (desire) and the power that such an unlimited power can bring out. The power brought about by the want for things, the want for love, the want for survival, the want to do the right thing, the want for destruction and so on. I would think the Medals would have more raw power per unit.

On the other hand, the medals are very, very picky. A Core Medal's power is only really of use to either the Greeeds or to OOOs. If someone just off the street picked up a Core Medal, or even a Cell Medal, you would need enough money to start a company to even start the figure out how to use them or the power within. The Gaia Memories on the other hand, almost anyone can use as long as they have a port or similar. Even without an instruction manual, the second you plug that memory into your port, you just need to try your memory out to figure out how to use it. So in it's own way the Gaia Memories' accessibility, a pure wave of memories of everything in the world, can I think eventually overwhelm the raw force of the Medal's greed.

... But here's a real thought... What a Greed or Desire memory might be... ... I bet Desire just ends up in an H doujinshi ^^;
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

medals>memories...

although each has its own attributes in which some could form synergy with the other types but once the medals are made into a combo its almost like an ultimate form... from the movie core, the red combo was presented as almost an equal with cyclonxjoker gold extreme....
Kamen Rider
Gabu
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
My boom: Gaim
Quote: おばあちゃんはこう言ってた。天の道を行き、総てを司る男………俺の名は天道総司

Post by Kamen Rider »

I think the taka medal contributes to the wings because in the Tatoba scanning charge, OOO grows wings to execute his finisher
MaskedRideEclipse
Gabu

Kamen Rider wrote:I think the taka medal contributes to the wings because in the Tatoba scanning charge, OOO grows wings to execute his finisher
That is possible..

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”